Olympus Has Fallen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't heard of any of those. His badassery in The 300 easily makes up for all that crap.

What about Machine Gun Preacher? That came out less than two years ago and was more popular than any of the movies you listed.

Wasn't an action movie. And no. It doesn't. 300 does not make up for all that crap. All that waiting for a legitimate action star to do what he has too.

The movie had some very fake looking CGI and typical by the numbers cliches, but it was fun. It was a better "Die Hard" than A Good Day To Die Hard.

I saw it yesterday afternoon.

I'd rate it 3/5.

It's good solid action film. DIE HARD in the White House.

I've been disappointed with the majority of roles Gerard Butler has taken in recent years. His last good film was LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. He's firmly back in familiar ground with this film.

All the actors/characters are pretty much generic and predictable.

Seeing a filmed version of a fictional full assault on the White House was very interesting given the country's current political/social mindset with the North Koreans as antagonists (how convenient & perfect timing).

Well...Django....

It doesn't matter. I was 100% rooting for the guy who got his wife and kid killed, and the system did nothing about it. KILL EM ALL! REVENGA!

I saw it yesterday afternoon.

I'd rate it 3/5.

It's good solid action film. DIE HARD in the White House.

I saw this one last night, and thought it was really fun too. It was what A Good Day to Die Hard should've been.

~~One thing that really ticked me off about this movie was the damned CGI blood. Is it really that much easier to insert CGI bulletholes than to just do the old fashioned squibs??

My biggest peeve was there is no way that unidentified aircraft would have gotten that far or lasted that long in US airspace.

I loved the hand combat. It was quick and brutal.

Also watched law abiding citizen. My only gripe was I wanted his character to pull it off. Thought they had done a pretty good job of setting him up as a brillant super villain type. Felt kind of like an easy cop out at the end. Still enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Back