Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was always the funny part of MMPR, the Yellow Ranger. In the original show from overseas, the Pink was the only female so the only skirted uniform, but then America decides to try and even things out a bit with 2 girls but the Yellow costume had to continue looking like the guys to match when they used the original footage.

The original costumes, while subtly, looked better. The Green Ranger looked like his shoulder armor was made of vinyl or something sturdy so it really had and armor look to it but the American version had a different shape and was made of cloth and totally cheapened it. I know it's a kid's show but still, spend a few $$ in the name of quality :lol

So were all the fight scenes the Japanese version? I had no idea that they were using footage from another show :lol I guess they pulled the wool over this kid's eyes :)

So were all the fight scenes the Japanese version? I had no idea that they were using footage from another show :lol I guess they pulled the wool over this kid's eyes :)

Almost the whole show was Japanese. Only time it was "american" really was when they were at the cafe/juice bar and during school or at Zordons joint.

The fight scenes were all Japanese which is why randomly they would be in a weird field or rock query some where. All Japanese footage. Even Rita Repulsa original Japanese they just dubbed over her.

Anyone know when the 2010 re-release (Die Cast Edition) of the MegaZord will be released? (Not the Super Robot Chogokin version.) I heard there may be some buzz at NYCC, but not sure if it's true.

I lurk over at the Ranger Boards, but if you let even a week go by, good luck trying to get caught up.

Yeah Im hoping to hear about it as well. Im getting the SRC version for sure and if I ever find out when the diecast bigger version releases I'll try and snag one of those as well.

Look at what Chap got today! :D

LegacyMorpher.jpg

I'll post more details, pics, and a review later. Amazing piece.

is that the legacy morpher? That thing looks damn cool. Id be tempted to get it and the Die-cast legacy megazord too. But they never come to the UK and the only ones we can find on ebay are scalping prices

is that the legacy morpher? That thing looks damn cool. Id be tempted to get it and the Die-cast legacy megazord too. But they never come to the UK and the only ones we can find on ebay are scalping prices

It is! I was lucky enough to find one at a local Toys R Us. I couldn't believe it. I've been calling around for awhile and a shipment finally came in. They got 4 or 5 in, and they literally sold out that day (as I got the last one.)

This thing is awesome. It's got quite a bit of weight to it because of the die-cast and really well done, IMO. I'm really pleased. I've been parading around the house all day, with it. :lol Brings me back.

More pics here in a second.

LegacyMorpher2.jpg

LegacyMorpher3.jpg

LegacyMorpher4.jpg

LegacyMorpher5.jpg

LegacyMorpher6.jpg

(I didn't take the other coins out, but you get the idea.)

Sorry for the geek-out moment here. I'm going to take a few more with the Megazord shortly and post them up.

Holy **** I want that. The morpher I have now is the original I stumbled upon when I was only 3 years old and mom bought it and I still have it on display. The thing is pretty much dead from the many years of use and I restored it once but that didn't last very long.

Holy **** I want that. The morpher I have now is the original I stumbled upon when I was only 3 years old and mom bought it and I still have it on display. The thing is pretty much dead from the many years of use and I restored it once but that didn't last very long.

That's awesome that you have an original! I don't. :( The only piece of merchandise I had was the original Megazord and that was it. But I ended up piecing it out and giving it away, when I got older. Then, I bought the 2010 Megazord when it came out. I skipped on Titanus though. A part of me regrets it, but then I see Youtube videos of it and it's pretty crappy. It doesn't even fit the 2010 Megazord well (unlike the original.) And then why bother with Titanus if you can't make the Ultra Megazord (no Dragonzord.)

Damn, yeah id like to pick up the legacy morpher myself. I'll probably end up getting the Legacy Megazord for sure. I really do hope they do a dragonzord reissue

I doubt we will get a new dragonzord as it means making a complete new one. Eventhough it would sell like hot cakes.

Ive always wanted a good " Dragonzord in fighting mode " and i dont think the one we could make with the original zords was good enough.

It would be so bad *** if we could make it with the new die-cast zords but again, really dont see it happening.

Much like the Green/White rangers morpher. All they need to do is give us an actual Dragon coin (not titanus head) and the tiger symbol (not angry house cat) and paint the thing gold.

Re: Offcial Power Rangers Thread

Finally was able to dig up all my Rangers, but was only able to find 2 baddies....no zords. I always remembered these things being bigger, was a little disappointed when I saw their size again. After all these years the Green/White is still the best of the figures.

CIMG1930.jpg

CIMG1933.jpg

CIMG1932.jpg

Was thinking of painting them up some, since some of the 5 members have worn down belts, so they needed silvered. Then it would be nice to try and paint the white rangers gold armor....gold. And also wanna paint the guns/saban their correct colors as well.

Love the display.

Damn, yeah id like to pick up the legacy morpher myself. I'll probably end up getting the Legacy Megazord for sure. I really do hope they do a dragonzord reissue

Any links to pics/info on the Legacy Megazord, I'm only finding info on the morpher.

I still have all my Megazords (From MMPR to S.P.D) on my wardrobe, and all my MMPR with the head flipping thing along with 8 inchers, both original and movie version. Wish I found my 8 inch Zeo set. :(

What would be a decent price for a Legacy Morpher? I obviously need to eBay it and the prices I see.. wow.

You and me both, man. That Megazord will be awesome, if the morpher is any indication. I'm a little worried about the price though.

I doubt we will get a new dragonzord as it means making a complete new one. Eventhough it would sell like hot cakes.

Ive always wanted a good " Dragonzord in fighting mode " and i dont think the one we could make with the original zords was good enough.

It would be so bad *** if we could make it with the new die-cast zords but again, really dont see it happening.

That would be awesome. I don't get the lack of a Dragonzord. As you said, that's basically money in the bank. Makes no sense to me. There has to be a reason behind it though. If they can produce half of the stuff they're putting out now, they can most definitely produce a new Dragonzord. But still, not a peep from the PR dept.

Any links to pics/info on the Legacy Megazord, I'm only finding info on the morpher.

Here you go, Maul:

https://www.orendsrange.com/2013/02/new-york-toy-fair-images-of-mmpr-legacy.html#.USGCIuiLG2w

Still no word on a US release date.

What would be a decent price for a Legacy Morpher? I obviously need to eBay it and the prices I see.. wow.

Ebay is too overpriced at the moment. Wait for the hype to die down and for the market to flood. For what it's worth, I've read rumors that Bandai is trying to find other stores to sell the morphers. It's an interesting thought because why would Toys R Us put an "Exclusive" sticker on their boxes if they're the only retailers selling it. The original Toy Fair box didn't have one on it, so I image they (Bandai) would like to shop this around to as many places as possible. After all, it was Wal-Mart where I got my 2010 Megazord.

I really hope its mass produced and makes its way into Europe/UK.

We have been jipped for years now with PR toys.

Last line we fully got in Belgium was SPD. Bandai or whoever makes them nowadays has really fudged us over.

Back