Oldboy Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is anybody here excited for this? The first promotional poster was released today and it looks ****ing terrible. I think its the first poster? I know don't judge a movie by a poster, but damn it looks bad. Spike Lee is possibly one of the worst directors to remake this. I'm not even against remakes either. I would gladly take The Departed over Infernal Affairs any day. Its possible to out do the original, but I guarantee this one doesn't. My guess is they change the ending for American Audience. I just can't see them leaving it the same.

I am. Why not? It's Spike Lee, a real filmmaker, and Josh Brolin, a real actor are making it.

It could work. It could work, very well.

942684_945546729741_1630932791_n.jpg

I prefer the other poster, but I kinda like that one. It's weird. Weird is perfect for Oldboy.

I am. Why not? It's Spike Lee, a real filmmaker, and Josh Brolin, a real actor are making it.

It could work. It could work, very well.

I'm not a fan of Spike Lee and that is where I am being biased and I know that. I just don't see his style working for this movie. I mean apparently the poster is a shot from the film, but this man does not look like he has been imprisoned for 15 years. The guy should look ****ing broken not like he just woke up and took a shower. I'm sure you have seen the original so you know what I am talking about.

The best way to do a remake, is to do something different with the same plot.

I hope they change everything, and Spike makes it his own. I hate remakes that just remake the damn movie. It's so boring.

Not saying it couldn't still suck. But i'm not going to compare it to the original.

The best way to do a remake, is to do something different with the same plot.

I hope they change everything, and Spike makes it his own. I hate remakes that just remake the damn movie. It's so boring.

Not saying it couldn't still suck. But i'm not going to compare it to the original.

Then why even remake it if you aren't going to follow the same stuff? The ending to the original is one of the best endings of all time if he changes that he is just being dumb. Its a revenge movie if he wasn't going to keep the same stuff in it he could have easily called it something else instead of trying to bank on the success the original had.

Because you can have a different take on the same story. Look at The Thing, vs The Thing From Another World, and The Fly, vs. The Fly 86.

Same idea. Same general plot. But totally different executions.

I see what your saying I really do, but IMO its a bad idea. Its going to be very hard for people who have seen the original to not compare the two when they are both named the exact same thing. If he really wanted to tell a revenge story he could have easily came up with a different name/plot. Though if he did that I'm sure the movie would be hardly talked about, but since he is using Oldboy as the title and calling it a remake tons and tons of chatter is happening about this movie. It's smart, but ****ty at the same time. Very few directors I could see remaking this and doing it justice Spike Lee is just not one of them. I mean he offered the role to Will Smith originally whats next this is going to be rated PG-13?

He could've, but sometimes you're drawn to a story that already exists, but you feel like you have a way to play it differently. It's why I have more faith in a filmmaker like Lee, vs. a filmmaker like Ratner, or some studio hired hack job who only exists JUST to make a product.

By the way, it wasn't Lee, it was Spielberg who offered Smith, and was going to direct.

Spielberg directing this would have been even worse :lol Thanks for the correction though. I keep seeing in comments on Facebook that Nolan should be the director of this movie. I love Nolan, but like the other directors just not for this film. Then again I did read someone say on Facebook they turned this movie off after Oh Dae Su ate the live squid and said it was a ****ty movie. Facebook can be hilarious sometimes. Idk if he just doesn't know that in Korea they really do eat octopus or if he is just dumb.

Last edited:
I slept with my cousin once.She was good in bed.

Spielberg directing this would have been even worse :lol Thanks for the correction though. I keep seeing in comments on Facebook that Nolan should be the director of this movie. I love Nolan, but like the other directors just not for this film. Then again I did read someone say on Facebook they turned this movie off after Oh Dae Su ate the live squid and said it was a ****ty movie. Facebook can be hilarious sometimes. Idk if he just doesn't know that in Korea they really do eat octopus or if he is just dumb.

Squid and Octopus are not the same.

I slept with my cousin once.She was good in bed.

Wolowitz, is that you?

Back