OK.....I'VE JUST HAD A MOMENT OF CLARITY.......HELP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way , I'm 26 , loveable and live just outside of Austin Texas , Hint... Hint...

lol... I am single too but you are too far away lol and probably too old :lol

If I collected all this stuff and fell into one of the following categories, I would sell everything and seriously reassess my life:

1. Can't get laid, and no prospects of a significant other (see Dave's thread on the 40 yr. old virgin).

2. No job or a dead end one.

3. No friends outside of the internet.

4. Live at home with parents or in parent's basement.

5. Financial trouble from buying so much.

Goldberry - There is no way I can argue with you on this one as, from your posts, your views and your pics, you clearly have a Phd in Geekiness.
So, how many Artist Proofs have you managed to snag up so far, CCT? :peace

GOLDBERRY i can vouch for cct and his aps
his collection is mental.
surley we are none of us are geeks.
surely lotr collectables collections carnt be GEEKY
maybe obsessive and excessive but surley not geeky
(or is this the denial calling of a mega geek lol)
GEEKS are people who have like lotr themed weddings and dress up like the characters from the films (with the exception of women dressing up as princess leah in jabba barge get up,thats not geeky ,(ahem)).
if u ask me the geeks are the ones who go out and spend 100 quid in yates of a saturday night and put another 100 quid up there nose.
all my mates (yes i have some) think my statues are awsome
ps im 29 years old , married , 3 year old "cave troll" little boy
not a geek
never will be
love my weta

:peace
oh and cct thats one hell of a quest, i aint never seen an ap steed anywhere.
:dunno

"never seen a RWOS"

They do exist, I saw a couple on ebay a LONG time ago.

Re: re

Gaz...I remember your Troll...didn't Sideshow send you a replacement that turned out to be an AP? (or something along those lines anyway)

Do you have any regrets selling it?

Judging from general forum replies it seems that most, apart from the self confessed are in the 'mild' geek category (including myself - I hope) and not quite into the dwain dibbly league just yet. I passed the 1-5 test above with flying colours.

Guess its the same with most hobbies/collections it can range from mild to severe.

Think I am collecting for the nostaglia of childhood (had nearly every SW's figure and vehicle pre teen years, thankfully they were a lot less fragile and considerably cheaper than weta......awwwwh....happy days.:p

Think of it as geeks with money, cause if you collect polystone, you gotta have more than a little.

Oh yeah, your not alone in your geekdom.:wave I started out a comicbook geek when I was a wee lad. Then one day I ran into busts & statues. Started with Bowen then splintered off into LOTR and Star Wars. Now I have no room. I think all us collectors are geeks. Just our lot in life.

lol... I am single too but you are too far away lol and probably too old

That's too bad Nessasita . You sound very interesting in your posts . I wouldn't say 26 is too old , I'm in my prime and feel very young at heart . Oh well , let me know if your in Austin some time , wouldn't mind meeting you . :wave

That's too bad Nessasita . You sound very interesting in your posts . I wouldn't say 26 is too old , I'm in my prime and feel very young at heart . Oh well , let me know if your in Austin some time , wouldn't mind meeting you .

What I meant is that I am older than you lol... I am 34... thanks for thinking that I am interesting... I do not think so myself... just am happily disturbed ;)

What I meant is that I am older than you lol... I am 34... thanks for thinking that I am interesting... I do not think so myself... just am happily disturbed

34 , that's not to old for me . Never have payed much attention to age (unless it's a legal issue) , but oh well , the distance thing always gets in my way . Not sure where you live but , as my luck runs , it's probably somewhere very very far away . Oh well , I'll keep checking the singles sites . :dance ;)

Back