Official SS Predator Maquette thread/roll call

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some help/advice. I have a good opportunity to pick up an Ex Artist Proof (or might be a production sample) at a fair price right now. Only two problems. No box so can't be shipped from the next province over which isn't such a big issue but the main problem is that I can't go have a look at it before I fully commit. And from the pics the seller sent me what I see is that the claws appear to be quite bent at an almost 45 degree angle from the straight position they should be in.

I have owned the regular for a few years now and know there is definitely a bit of flex to the claws. I even had to straighen mine out to a small degree myself. However, I need to know just how much give they really have before I get it in mind to purchase the statue and attempt to bend the claws back in place under some heat from a hairdryer or something. Does anybody know what those claws are made of exactly? Any tips on how to proceed with bending something like that without cracking or snapping them off? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I need some help/advice. I have a good opportunity to pick up an Ex Artist Proof (or might be a production sample) at a fair price right now. Only two problems. No box so can't be shipped from the next province over which isn't such a big issue but the main problem is that I can't go have a look at it before I fully commit. And from the pics the seller sent me what I see is that the claws appear to be quite bent at an almost 45 degree angle from the straight position they should be in.

I have owned the regular for a few years now and know there is definitely a bit of flex to the claws. I even had to straighen mine out to a small degree myself. However, I need to know just how much give they really have before I get it in mind to purchase the statue and attempt to bend the claws back in place under some heat from a hairdryer or something. Does anybody know what those claws are made of exactly? Any tips on how to proceed with bending something like that without cracking or snapping them off? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you have to pay before you see it? Without a box that is going to be tricky, but if you don't plan to sell it and you can get it home safe I don't see a problem. Arm gauntlet blades I assume you are talking about when you say claws. One of mine was slightly bent and I fixed with heat gun. If they are bent that much you are going to do damage for sure getting them back, if not a break paint will come off. Not a big deal, the paint they used is pretty dull anyway and they could use a good repaint.

I had a long drive to pick up my unboxed Reg. Was a scarey journey but got home with him in one piece.
Used a big box full of polystyrene balls from a beanbag.

If they have bent without breaking chances are you can manipulate them back with a bit of heat and care.

Do you have to pay before you see it? Without a box that is going to be tricky, but if you don't plan to sell it and you can get it home safe I don't see a problem. Arm gauntlet blades I assume you are talking about when you say claws. One of mine was slightly bent and I fixed with heat gun. If they are bent that much you are going to do damage for sure getting them back, if not a break paint will come off. Not a big deal, the paint they used is pretty dull anyway and they could use a good repaint.

I don't really have a way right now to go check out the goods before paying so yeah, it's now or never. I'm actually sending my regular box to the seller to have him brought back safely. The seller did manage to carefully bend the blades back into perfect alignment. At least that's how it appears in the pics he sent afterwards. Said it was easier then he thought. The paint didn't appear to be affected by the adjustment. The blades are apparently made of some type of real metal.

I don't really have a way right now to go check out the goods before paying so yeah, it's now or never. I'm actually sending my regular box to the seller to have him brought back safely. The seller did manage to carefully bend the blades back into perfect alignment. At least that's how it appears in the pics he sent afterwards. Said it was easier then he thought. The paint didn't appear to be affected by the adjustment. The blades are apparently made of some type of real metal.

Is he a forum member or some other way you can get feedback on him? The blades are not metal(I wish they were).

No, it's a Facebook group. He does a lot of dealing on there though and has very good standing with everybody I've seen. He's been great with me on this deal too so far. In any case, you're right they're not metal but some kind of decent quality plastic because he apparantly did use some heat from a hairdryer to get them into proper position. Good to know.

I'm not sure what the gauntlets are made of, but I bent mine accidental earlier because I'm clumsy. I bent them back easily without the use of heat.

Still looking for a regular head by the way if anybody out there has one ;)

I want to be on the list [emoji20]

I feel like I should sell you mine because you are such a nice guy and would really appreciate it . . .

. . . but then I know there are several others here (and elsewhere) who would kill me if I did (* I wouldn't be too happy with myself either *) :)

I feel like I should sell you mine because you are such a nice guy and would really appreciate it . . .

. . . but then I know there are several others here (and elsewhere) who would kill me if I did (* I wouldn't be too happy with myself either *) :)

Thanks bro ;)

But I have to reluctantly agree with you haha!

Hopefully I'll find it one day.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

IMG_4784.jpg~original
IMG_4833.jpg~original
IMG_4804.jpg~original

IMG_4795.jpg~original

#201/300.

Last edited:
Back