Official SS Predator Maquette thread/roll call

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The claws are obviously a plastic to me. Should've made it metal like Hot Toys but oh well...
And Neca, those should've been called 18 inches action-figure rather than 1/4th. Much like Medicom calling their figure 12 inches rather than 1/6th.

The claws are obviously a plastic to me. Should've made it metal like Hot Toys but oh well...
And Neca, those should've been called 18 inches action-figure rather than 1/4th. Much like Medicom calling their figure 12 inches rather than 1/6th.

Yea, a $200 fig can have metal, but SS is so cheap they still insist on resin blades. I had all the "1/4" P1s and P2s, they were ok, but comparing them to statues is a stretch. They might be more accurate in some respcts, but they just have a very cheap toy feel. If Hot Toys ever delivers on their promise of 1/4 preds they might be acceptable substitutes for statues, but I don't see that happening.

Yikes, I love my to the end of the Earth, not just because it's cool, but because it has the legacy of a great man behind it.

But for that kind of money, I'd be tempted to let it go... Better get the regular head fixed on mine.

To be fair you were quite clear...
I recently purchase #53 Predator EX Maquette!! I am still in shock. I never thought I'd see the EX on sale. I've seen the regular on sale from time to time, but never the EX.
But yeah, great work on one of the coolest lists to be on :)

Just came across this thread. Was unaware of the cool list here. I have the EX 221/300 from about 4 years. Pardon the amateur pics. Its in my home theatre and kinda dark.
3089283a1950175371bf648f9584b50d.jpg
e782f6b351424a0d8ce65fc030bceab8.jpg
d37c7fe6927007b5ca9378b5bb1ae0ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just came across this thread. Was unaware of the cool list here. I have the EX 221/300 from about 4 years. Pardon the amateur pics. Its in my home theatre and kinda dark.
3089283a1950175371bf648f9584b50d.jpg
e782f6b351424a0d8ce65fc030bceab8.jpg
d37c7fe6927007b5ca9378b5bb1ae0ae.jpg

That's awesome, good for you. I recently got my EX and the dumb seller did not seal the styrofoam that hold the portraits together. Some of the quills broke, when I say some I mean the right side of his face. The guy refunded me $500 and I already gave to a local guy to fix. I'm hoping he does a good job, wish me luck. :)

That's awesome, good for you. I recently got my EX and the dumb seller did not seal the styrofoam that hold the portraits together. Some of the quills broke, when I say some I mean the right side of his face. The guy refunded me $500 and I already gave to a local guy to fix. I'm hoping he does a good job, wish me luck. :)

The quills on the regular potrait and dreds are truly delicate, sorry to hear abt them breaking. Hope the fixes will restore it like new. Best of Luck!
Its heart breaking when you open the box with anticipation and something is not right.
I don't switch out the portraits as frequently as I would like to myself, to avoid handling the regular head. Congrats on the purchase.

Mine has no quills either if it makes you feel better. In fact it has half of the paint ripped off with them. A project for a rainy day, I haven't rushed it as I prefer the bio option.

The quills on the regular potrait and dreds are truly delicate, sorry to hear abt them breaking. Hope the fixes will restore it like new. Best of Luck!
Its heart breaking when you open the box with anticipation and something is not right.
I don't switch out the portraits as frequently as I would like to myself, to avoid handling the regular head. Congrats on the purchase.

Thank you, they are truly delicate as you say. I was so excited about opening this Predator when it arrived, like Christmas, then upon seeing the damage all the glee is gone. I try to avoid handling the regular portrait myself, it's not friendly to grabbing. I hope the guy restores it like new too. I'll post pictures of the job after it's done.

Back