Official SS Predator Maquette thread/roll call

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently purchase #53 Predator EX Maquette!! I am still in shock. I never thought I'd see the EX on sale. I've seen the regular on sale from time to time, but never the EX.

Looking at the pics, it's either in a really bright room and crappy camera. Or it's been sun damaged as it doesn't look like the ones I've seen before.

Just bad pictures I think, it also has a broken dread that isn't mentioned. A common problem however, many of the tips are damaged on mine. I will touch them up in future. The P2 maquette does seem to have more durable dreads, they just lack any texture so don't look so nice.

Just bad pictures I think, it also has a broken dread that isn't mentioned. A common problem however, many of the tips are damaged on mine. I will touch them up in future. The P2 maquette does seem to have more durable dreads, they just lack any texture so don't look so nice.

Hadn't heard it was a "common" problem?

This was delivered back in the days when Sideshow had good QC - mine turned up (and has stayed) perfect.

Amazing to think it is almost EXACTLY 10 years ago (bar a couple of weeks) that it was delivered by FedEx.

Still love the thing.

I recently purchase #53 Predator EX Maquette!! I am still in shock. I never thought I'd see the EX on sale. I've seen the regular on sale from time to time, but never the EX.

Congrats! :)

He lowered his price drastically too for some reason, you were lucky to snatch it when you did. Welcome to the club.

Thank you Collectorcol, Heavy Metal Spike, and 67L88Stingray for the congratulatory remarks. Predator 1 Maquette should be here Thursday.

The Ebay seller mentioned he needed the money fast to fix his car. I think it was available for two days before I purchased it and I am surprised it didn't sell right away.

Thank you Collectorcol, Heavy Metal Spike, and 67L88Stingray for the congratulatory remarks. Predator 1 Maquette should be here Thursday.

The Ebay seller mentioned he needed the money fast to fix his car. I think it was available for two days before I purchased it and I am surprised it didn't sell right away.

I remember the 1st listing, it was $5300 shipped, so that was an "I need money yesterday" price drop. Considering what the last 2 or 3 have sold for you did well. Usually those kinds of circumstances are the only way you see these at all.

that's still a lot, I would have never figured it would fetch this kind of money given how many know a new version is coming out. I guess it's kind of a Doom pf situation, just can't beat the OG. The CM pops up all the time these days on ebay, but the maquette Ex not so much.

that's still a lot, I would have never figured it would fetch this kind of money given how many know a new version is coming out. I guess it's kind of a Doom pf situation, just can't beat the OG. The CM pops up all the time these days on ebay, but the maquette Ex not so much.
Well the P2 pretty much killed any hope that a new P1 will be worth buying I think.

Ahh... I've been looking into picking it up here recently... I can totally see some of its issues but I do like it overall... Maybe someone wants to part with theirs so they don't have to think about their horrible decision and shoddy representation of the character. ... :wave

I'm OK with Pred 2 maquette and WILL buy new Pred 1 in the future. P2 is, overall, a good-looking statue. Minus all those QC issues, inaccuracies and displaying it in glass shelf course. I got what you paid for. At least it wasn't placed in LSF category and cost $2K like Wolf.

because it was a poorly casted and painted overpriced statue. The neca toy that cost a fraction of the price was painted better and actually managed to have a bio that fit properly and a weapon that was straight.

Ehh that NECA really isn't anything to write home about at all though. In any way.

I don't do figures generally but have the 1/4 masked P2 and Guardian (Gort) from Neca, they are actually really good for what they cost. The P2 maquette is obviously better presented, but the Neca P2 is more accurate to the real costume and less than a tenth of the price. If you can put up with joints and a shiny plastic appearance, they are an option. I bought mine mainly to treat as a project (repainting and filling in the joints) But they do look pretty good out of the box. The P2 maquette, while nice in person does have several notable flaws and some very very brittle resin in places.

I don't do figures generally but have the 1/4 masked P2 and Guardian (Gort) from Neca, they are actually really good for what they cost. The P2 maquette is obviously better presented, but the Neca P2 is more accurate to the real costume and less than a tenth of the price. If you can put up with joints and a shiny plastic appearance, they are an option. I bought mine mainly to treat as a project (repainting and filling in the joints) But they do look pretty good out of the box. The P2 maquette, while nice in person does have several notable flaws and some very very brittle resin in places.
t
I second that. My Predator 2 Maquette arrived with the "metal" blades broken. They weren't able to provide a replacement, but did offer $75 credit to future SS purchases. The claws on that gauntlet are of low quality. I'm hoping to find someone who can create metal blades so I can install them myself. The P2 Maquette lacks something that "pops," if that makes sense.

t
I second that. My Predator 2 Maquette arrived with the "metal" blades broken. They weren't able to provide a replacement, but did offer $75 credit to future SS purchases. The claws on that gauntlet are of low quality. I'm hoping to find someone who can create metal blades so I can install them myself. The P2 Maquette lacks something that "pops," if that makes sense.

Paint them to look metal. That what I had done to mines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back