Official Sideshow Storm Shadow Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all the way done with him, but getting closer!

051.jpg

Damn that looks good... I've the same question as teemu

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry to teemu for not answering before.

The body is the Snake Eyes Version 2. I have one for this suit, and the same one for my '88 Storm Shadow bash. I'm getting ready to commission an all-white suit with long sleeves for a 'Silent Interlude' Storm Shadow. For that figure, I'll be using a Hot Toys TTM21 (the sleeves will hide the double joints).

I love that both the Snake Eyes Version 2 and Storm Shadow Version 2 have the muscular arms and tattoo. However, I really, really hate the Sideshow body from the waist down. The Storm Shadow Version 2 is superior, but the Snake Eyes Version 2 is so floppy and loose. Both of my Storm Shadows have taken nosedives during photo shoots while standing with both feet firmly on the ground (the above shot). I may try the clear nail polish trick (I've never done that before).

We'll see how the TTM21 fares.

And thanks for the compliment!

Wow... It didn't take long to go from 0 to 4 Storm Shadows in a pretty short time (and getting ready to start a 5th).

081a.jpg

I've recently purchased a Hot Toys TTM21 (ridiculously overpriced) for a Silent Interlude Storm Shadow. I'm heading out to buy some photography gear, but I was wondering if anyone else has converted to this body. I went through about half of this thread looking for pics, and all of the TT conversions have belonged to MANDO, at that point. I haven't fully geared up my Storm Shadow (undershirt and proper leg and arm wrappings - and feet), but I was hoping for input.

The double-joints at the elbow on the TTM21 aren't nearly as pretty as the arms on the Snake Eyes Version 2 body (I had to have the Arashikage tattoo), but I'm leaning towards converting my Storm Shadow Version 1 for the added posability. And the Sideshow Prometheus just sucks. From the waist up, it looks great. Waist down, it's embarrassing. I can't tell you how many times my Storm Shadow Version 1, Snake Eyes Version 2, and Storm Shadow '88 (costume by roguespider) - which is on another Snake Eyes Version 2 body - have taken nosedives during photoshoots. They have a HARD time standing in anything other than a straight pose.

I cut the spikes from the bottom of Storm Shadow Version 1's tabi boots, hoping that the flatter surface would help with balance, but the thigh and ankle joints are just too flimsy.

Anyways, if anyone has any more pics of Storm Shadow Version 1 on a Hot Toys body, I'd really love to have a look. Thanks in advance.

Damn, that pic where's he's standing over the map, just so invokes feelings of the original 80s figure. Good luck on your other upgrades, thanks for sharing your pics.

Anyways, if anyone has any more pics of Storm Shadow Version 1 on a Hot Toys body, I'd really love to have a look. Thanks in advance.

I used a True Type muscle body, TTM19 if I remember correctly. Here's a couple pics I took a while back.

dscn2343m.jpg

dscn2352b.jpg

I got lucky with the skin tones. I had a couple Storm Shadows, one head matched, one didn't :dunno

Back