Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

If you guys think that it looks like the card art, then... i think a new set of glasses or contacts are needed. I'll accept it if you say that the Sideshow is based on the original, but if you continue to tell me that it looks the same, I will continue to beat the dead horse.. and then slowly stop out of boredom.

Looks like SS could give us another Desert variant lulz

dsc018402.jpg

If you guys think that it looks like the card art, then... i think a new set of glasses or contacts are needed. I'll accept it if you say that the Sideshow is based on the original, but if you continue to tell me that it looks the same, I will continue to beat the dead horse.. and then slowly stop out of boredom.

I agree. You should probably make an appointment for yourself immediately! :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::nana:

It's up for preorder in all it's glory. Get em if you want im......

Did you pass or did you bite? I bit.

a.png

Last edited:

Oh.

Well.................. I just got my newsletter so :nana: Mr. Saucypants.....

Ignore this if you already know it, but in the future since they redid their website, for items that might be hot sellers, about 2:45-3:30, refresh Sideshow's website and watch the "Brand Spankin' New" box. Items usually pop up there before the newsletter is even sent. :wink1:

I guess in the end I don't get the beating of the horse when folks know they're not gonna be straight rip offs of the card art.

I find it ironic that you and Nam don't "get" the dead horse beating when you both perpetuate it with your apparent inability to get the desire for figures to match their source material. :duh

That's all there is to it.

"But, but, Sideshow SAID they wouldn't recreate the original Joes in 12 inch form." :panic: Right, then don't recycle the vintage filecards and call it "A Real American Hero." That reeks of Devil's Due-ism and Lucas-style patchwork.

Call it GI Joe: A Real Modern Hero and make up new backstories for the characters. Quit the ongoing tease! :lecture

And what is the hate with the Snake Eyes cloth mask? I like it.
My only issue is that mine was glued onto the head a bit haphazardly, and it bunched up under the neck. I had to pull it off and try to fix it the best I could, but it just didn't look right due to that. I personally don't have an issue with a cloth mask just because it's cloth.

Looks like SS could give us another Desert variant lulz

dsc018402.jpg
You know they're gonna milk that mold just like they have most other troopers recently. 25th Anniversary Joes did all kinds of wacky CG variants (gold mask, black mask, silver mask, black chest coloring, etc.), so Sideshow's already got some options ready to go.

I find it ironic that you and Nam don't "get" the dead horse beating when you both perpetuate it with your apparent inability to get the desire for figures to match their source material. :duh

That's all there is to it.

"But, but, Sideshow SAID they wouldn't recreate the original Joes in 12 inch form." :panic: Right, then don't recycle the vintage filecards and call it "A Real American Hero." That reeks of Devil's Due-ism and Lucas-style patchwork.

Call it GI Joe: A Real Modern Hero and make up new backstories for the characters. Quit the ongoing tease! :lecture

I think you're just being temperamental over the additional changes to the OT with the new BR release. :lol

No way, the BR release is what led to me getting beautiful anamorphic transfers of the original OT! :rock

Then I'm not understanding your comparisons to Star Wars. I'm not the Freak who nitpicks Clone aerators nor counts Storm Trooper teeth. Along the same line, I'm not the one who nitpicks Stalker's mustache design or cared that Flint's webgear was sand instead of OD. Along the same lines, if it turns out to be way off like Padme and Yavin Luke or CCC and Firefly, I'll call foul. :huh :lol

Getting back to the CG, I really do like it (go figure,) and I do think this one actually does capture the look of the card art pretty well. My only disappointment is in the Fred head. He just doesn't look like a clean cut guy next door.

I wish they had included a 360 turnaround, I'm curious to see the profile of the helmet.

Along the same lines, if it turns out to be way off like Padme and Yavin Luke or CCC and Firefly, I'll call foul. :huh :lol

Exactly. The CG gets a "pass" on the nitpick scale for me, as did Beach Head, Storm Shadow, and the Cobra Trooper and Officer.

Stalker screams Bayformers Tyrese to me, not GI Joe.

Hawk rocks, Dusty and Flint sucked. Its just gotten to the point where the line is too hit and miss for me to continue now that HT Captain America, Avatar, and SW are on the table.

Back