Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC SIXTH SCALE FIGURES Teaser video

At least this will be a *somewhat* cheaper line to collect, assuming they use the G.I. Joe prices as a baseline.

Well, it does seem the DC license is fairly expensive - and they developed a whole new body line for these.

I wonder if the "Ready for deployment" Bit at the end is for JUST batman....or all of them...

I really can't wait to see these this weekend. I hope they show more than just Batman characters, Superman needs a spot too. I love the look of Joker. I was hoping for a Bruce Wayne head, I suppose we'll get one eventually with a Batman figure.

whle we possibly could, I don't think we'll see a 1/6 Superman. that video was all Batman which I have a feeling is due to TDKR hype. with MOS coming out next summer, i feel like that's when DC will be ok with the push of tons of Superman collectibles from SS, DCD and Mattel

whle we possibly could, I don't think we'll see a 1/6 Superman. that video was all Batman which I have a feeling is due to TDKR hype. with MOS coming out next summer, i feel like that's when DC will be ok with the push of tons of Superman collectibles from SS, DCD and Mattel

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Though it really bugs me that this is supposed to be a DC line and it's all Batman, especially when last year we were shown more concepts than just Batman. Oh well, they are still very cool figures.

Why cant they get Marvel Comics in 12'' ???

Hopefully, they don't overload us too much. These are going to be a tight squeeze between the HT movie stuff...

Hopefully these won't be as steep as the current $250 average Hot Toys price range.

I asked on Twitter and the "Ready to Deploy" was referring to Batman who will be orderable in the Fall according to them. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a few at SDCC but they won't be an SDCC ordering item.

This is good news... But I won't lie, I'm disappointed with how Bat centric that video was... I hope this isn't like the Star Wars line, where we only go Jedi's for the first 10 figures!

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Though it really bugs me that this is supposed to be a DC line and it's all Batman, especially when last year we were shown more concepts than just Batman. Oh well, they are still very cool figures.

Yea I'm hoping that SS doesn't become like HT in they produce tons of Batman stuff and leave out the rest with 1 or 2 figures each. So far for Batman we have 3 PFs, possibly 4 1/6 judging by the video, 1 Life-Size Bust, and 1 LSF. Then just a Superman Life-Size and Green Lantern PF.

I admit, they're stuff is looking awesome and I love seeing proper DC collectibles being made, I just hope all the main characters get an even amount of product and not just centered on Batman. And for the record I am a big batman fan and hope to get as many 1/6 as possible from the Bat, just hope to see more besides the Bat.

I'm hoping the first Superman figure is a 2-in-1 set :pray:

Actually it isn't. They didn't persue the Marvel license because they said openly during chats that it would require too much R&D because they didn't know how to do the spandex and the various bodies with their standard Buck. Then when Pro came around they said it still was something that they kept going back to but bodies, costumes were still in the way.

With the DC 1:6 figures they've said that they are creating entirely new bodies and that the costuming is no longer an issue. They are starting most likely with DC because it was a whole license grab when they went after the entire thing. Also I fully expect it to be higher priced because of the new bodies and all the R&D that has been done. Will people pay $200 plus for a Sideshow comic figure in comparison to an HT film figure? Or even close? That's a big question.

HT is doing Arkham City figures but Howard has mention Arkham Asylum a few times in his interviews especially when talking about Harley. SSC is doing a 1:6 Arkham Asylum Batman. That is a much bigger conflict than HT doing movie figures while SSC would want to do Marvel comic figures.

I would safely predict they are using the DC figures as a barometer and if the 1:6 figures are successful and sell well that you'll see a Marvel comic announcement sooner than later but so far the bodies are being used in DC and GI Joe and if they can be used for Marvel as well they just might be but this is a big gamble for SSC especially with HT and EB dominating the properties (despite it being from films) for DC. Even Medicom is dipping into the comic realm so SSC has to really shine and if they do, Marvel heroes are probably on the horizon.

Something tells me that SSC have really upped their game with this one...

There was an"Ask Sideshow" where someone asked if SS was doing Arkahm Asylum figures and they said no but to look to HT for Arkham City or something along those lines

Actually it isn't. They didn't persue the Marvel license because they said openly during chats that it would require too much R&D because they didn't know how to do the spandex and the various bodies with their standard Buck. Then when Pro came around they said it still was something that they kept going back to but bodies, costumes were still in the way.

With the DC 1:6 figures they've said that they are creating entirely new bodies and that the costuming is no longer an issue. They are starting most likely with DC because it was a whole license grab when they went after the entire thing. Also I fully expect it to be higher priced because of the new bodies and all the R&D that has been done. Will people pay $200 plus for a Sideshow comic figure in comparison to an HT film figure? Or even close? That's a big question.

HT is doing Arkham City figures but Howard has mention Arkham Asylum a few times in his interviews especially when talking about Harley. SSC is doing a 1:6 Arkham Asylum Batman. That is a much bigger conflict than HT doing movie figures while SSC would want to do Marvel comic figures.

I would safely predict they are using the DC figures as a barometer and if the 1:6 figures are successful and sell well that you'll see a Marvel comic announcement sooner than later but so far the bodies are being used in DC and GI Joe and if they can be used for Marvel as well they just might be but this is a big gamble for SSC especially with HT and EB dominating the properties (despite it being from films) for DC. Even Medicom is dipping into the comic realm so SSC has to really shine and if they do, Marvel heroes are probably on the horizon.

This post is a big mess. Just like SSC's and HT's statements about their Marvel/DC 12" figures.

Back