Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC SIXTH SCALE FIGURES Teaser video

I believe it was asking if SSC was making their own Arkham City figure or if it were coming soon and they referred to HT.

If you watch the original teaser from them which is still embedded in this forum you'll see that either right before or right after the New 52 batman sketch there is an Arkham Asylum version planned. Now if it ever happens is another thing as there are tons of things in their planning that haven't come to pass despite being teased but there is one currently in the planning stages.

This post is a big mess. Just like SSC's and HT's statements about their Marvel/DC 12" figures.

tumblr_lf8j8rzro41qbbanw.gif

I'm all in for this line. The PFs are definitely pick and choose but this will trump any other HT or SSC orders in this format for sure. Having the DCD line up and how cool they look next to one another despite their shortcomings I can only imagine how much better this will be.

I believe it was asking if SSC was making their own Arkham City figure or if it were coming soon and they referred to HT.

If you watch the original teaser from them which is still embedded in this forum you'll see that either right before or right after the New 52 batman sketch there is an Arkham Asylum version planned. Now if it ever happens is another thing as there are tons of things in their planning that haven't come to pass despite being teased but there is one currently in the planning stages.

I know about the sketches of Arkham Bats :) but I don't think they're making him just from a few sketches.

Here's the direct Q&A:

Q: When will we see the Batman 1:6 figures out for pre-order? I am particularly excited to get a glimpse of your Arkham Asylum version!

A: Arkham Asylum Sixth Scale figures will be available soon courtesy of Hot Toys. As for Sideshow’s Batman Sixth Scale figures, our comic-based versions will be unveiled next – look for them around the time of San Diego Comic-Con!

I agree that anything could be planned and jus never come but in all fairness, you said "SSC is doing 1:6 Arkham Asylum Batman" which sounds like you were stating it as fact. From the Ask Sideshow, seems like AA figures are coming from HT and not jus AC

Last edited:

Just to play devil's advocate it doesn't say they aren't, it says look for HT to have them and look for our comic figures at Comic-Con. They had a similar statement about Boba Fett a few years ago when Medicom had their version out and people were asking them for theirs, they pointed people towards Medicoms and said theirs was still a ways off.

I'm not really too worried about SSC doing Marvel figures. There are some great customizers that are doing Marvel stuff that is exceptional. Though I would love to see what SSC would do, I'm fine with just DC for now.

Just to play devil's advocate it doesn't say they aren't, it says look for HT to have them and look for our comic figures at Comic-Con. They had a similar statement about Boba Fett a few years ago when Medicom had their version out and people were asking them for theirs, they pointed people towards Medicoms and said theirs was still a ways off.

:lol I do remember that so to that I say touché :hi5:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Though it really bugs me that this is supposed to be a DC line and it's all Batman, especially when last year we were shown more concepts than just Batman. Oh well, they are still very cool figures.

Batman > The rest of DC. Nuff said.

Sideshow has already said that they won't be doing Marvel 1:6 despite them doing DC 1:6.

And yeah, I fully expect the big reveal at SDCC :drool

They also used to say that they weren't doing DC pieces despite doing Marvel pieces. Things change. I'm sure if the DC 1:6 hits huge for them we'll see Marvels sooner than later.

On facebook sideshow said...
"They are all suppose to make an appearance at SDCC :)"
When somebody said that they hope at least Joker and Bats are shown at the con.

:D
:panic:

1/6 Harley Quinn w/ switch out Harleen Quinzel head? My prayers have been answered! :blissy

Back