Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I'm curious to know what caliber they'll be. Like all the other sideshow 1/6 ( Horror, Planet of the apes, etc ), Medicom, or Hot Toys.

The best marker would be too look at the figures selling right now. Star Wars, GI Joe probably the best two.

The bad thing about enviroments. The price of polystone.

Absolutely, it's the catch-22. Sideshow loves their polystone and all of the environmental pieces will be that I'm sure costing damn near PF prices to established them all, but there are some smaller that could go a long way like a phone booth for Supes or the locker where you can place the Lantern for Hal.

I'm quite happy for them to take their time if it means we get good quality releases. Also it'll give the wallet a chance to breathe between releases. I'd just like to see a reveal or production pic or something.

‎::Ask Sideshow::

Question: Any chance we will get a Batcave environment?? Sideshow you guys rock. If you every need to advertise I would gladly take items to display at my home!

Answer: Indeed, we're cooking on designs for Sixth Scale Batcave environment options.

:yess:Now they ve got my attention!!:)

Ah man baby, this is really like a deam come true. Finally a realistic, original comic book figure, with realistic posing. Arkham Batman may give any Hot Toys Batman a run for their money. I hope they milk the crap out of DC, like they do star wars. I'm hoping for a Bane figure, brainiac, Robin, Doomsday figure, Darkseid, Joker, Aqua-man, General Zod, a old style batmobile that will give HT a run for their money, Batcave, everything they done with star wars should be twofolds in the dc world.

Last edited:
I wouldn't complain about a killer Robin also. The Dc Direct version goes for @ $150. If Sideshow makes a good Robin, not only will that sell well, but it may drive down the price of that Robin.

:wave

No one really knows, it was thought that they'd hit at the 12 Days of Sideshow but that was a teaser for more larger pieces. Since we are still a ways away from SDCC, I would imagine what would most likely occur is that through their social media outlets (where they've been teasing them anyway) we'll get a link to a WIP and then a month or so later, an announcement, probably even an order by late Spring only to have the figure's proto shown off at SDCC with most likely the next two or three entries into that line and some WIP sketchings.

If I had to predict what they'll do with the DC 1:6 line it'll be that they'll take the major artist incarnations of that particular look (Silver Age, Modern Age, etc.) and mash them together similar to the way they are mixing classic looks and modern looks within the G.I. Joe line.

I don't even think if/when they get to specialized figures like Frank Miller's Batman or even a Kingdom Come version of a hero, it'll be straight artist interpretation but a mix and even some originality thrown in by SSC to only only standapart from the other offerings from other companies of the same characters but also to get them to fix in with the rest of the line.

Mike, I think you're right. Man would I love to see a Jim Lee Batman, an Ed McGuinness Superman or a Terry Dodson Wonder Woman. An Amanda Conner Powergirl would make my head explode. BUT, if SSC does it the same way they're doing the Joe line I would still be happy.

I think with the larger formats like Comiquettes, PFs and even the busts eventually we'll see straight specific pieces translated over, now they won't be dead on as Sideshow sculpts and doesn't digitally scan but they'll be as close as they have been in the Marvel lines.

With the 1:6 line I think the stable of possible figures not to mention the costume variants themselves outweighs the possibilities of them focusing on one particular artist for the look of the figure. An Adam Hughes Wonder Woman, Michael Turner Wonder Woman, Jim Lee Wonder Woman don't look the same and not only would require new heads but for some like McGuinness whole new and individualized bodies but I can see them using the most used costume variants and stick them on things like a cape or a design of a guantlet that is unmistakably a nod to a particular artist.

I think with the larger formats like Comiquettes, PFs and even the busts eventually we'll see straight specific pieces translated over, now they won't be dead on as Sideshow sculpts and doesn't digitally scan but they'll be as close as they have been in the Marvel lines.

With the 1:6 line I think the stable of possible figures not to mention the costume variants themselves outweighs the possibilities of them focusing on one particular artist for the look of the figure. An Adam Hughes Wonder Woman, Michael Turner Wonder Woman, Jim Lee Wonder Woman don't look the same and not only would require new heads but for some like McGuinness whole new and individualized bodies but I can see them using the most used costume variants and stick them on things like a cape or a design of a guantlet that is unmistakably a nod to a particular artist.

Still not a bad idea. Though it had it's bad points one thing the DC Direct line was able to make various versions of Superman and Batman with different face sculpts and costumes to reflect different eras and artists. It wasn't a whole lot, maybe 3 per character but I don't see any reason why SSC couldn't do the same. It would be pretty cool even if it was just different sculpts and uniforms.
A Hughes, Turner and Lee Wonder Woman, I'll take one of each plus an Ed Benes version, please. In my dreams, of course, but what a dream.

I don't see any reason why SSC couldn't do the same. It would be pretty cool even if it was just different sculpts and uniforms.

SSC is definitely on that patterning, they have shown sketches for a First Appearance Batman, Golden Age Batman, Silver Age Batman, Modern Batman, New 52 Batman, Arkham Asylum Batman in this line alone. Which means that we'll be getting definite costume variations and I wouldn't even be shocked if we got SDCC exclusives to dictate the subtle differences like if they go with the shorter ears on Batman for the modern look, to do a SDCC Ex or maybe even it's own Ex out right with a swappable cowl with longer ears to cover all bases. Given there is so much ground to cover, I could see them offering up a modern Superman and an SDCC Ex for the "World at War" version which was used throughout the end of 2001 and 2002 where he sported a red/black scheme to the shield instead of red/yellow. Easy variant that is perfect for that kind of thing but the Red/Black was almost solely done by McGuinness.

I guess Batman will first be release either at comic con. Just milk dc

They have been hinted that the first 1:6 would be Batcentric all over the map just not that it'd be Batman himself. Rumors also indicate that it might be New 52 oriented instead of the modern look of the bust and the mixed approach of all styles to the Joker PF.

If Sideshow really wanted to nail down all collectors they'd go Batman 1:6 Modern as the base figure and then the New 52 version as the Exclusive similar to how they used to do with their Marvel PFs in terms of costumed differences but I doubt it.

I want to get a main "through-the-ages type line" of Sideshow original designs, as well as some specialty lines such as Batman:Arkham Asylum, The DC Universe by Alex Ross, and possibly even a DC:The Animated Universe.

Back