Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said on Twitter as well it'd be very soon and hinted that it'd be Bat-related

Sideshow Collectibles
‎::Ask Sideshow::

Question: When will we start to see previews of the "high end" 12 inch DC heroes and villians?

Answer: The magic eight-ball says… SOON. We're actively underway with development on Gotham's most heroic and notorious, and big blue… and it won't be too long before you get your first look. Not too long, we say, although it feels like eternity to us too… we want DC awesomeness in Sixth Scale, from the comics, yesterday. Our crusade is underway, now grab your cape and join us!

Sounds like their first offerings in 1/6 will be Batman then Superman, most probably from the new 52. Wonder if they'll go straight to the rest of the Justice League or move onto villains or other DC characters.

I've said for a while that the first time we'd see a New 52 character from Sideshow would most likely be in the 1:6 realm. I wouldn't be shocked if they did start with the newest Batman incarnation.

I think I'll wait for the Arkham Asylum or normal DC Universe version. I'm probably going to skip over the new 52 versions even though some of the books are pretty good. It'll save me some money.

I say bring on the new 52 versions. I'm just curious as to how Sideshow does it. Maybe they will do Batman's suit ala the Medicom Batman Begins suit or even the Hot Toys rubber suit. I'm also wondering how they will showcase Clark's new suit. Some artists portray it as armor while others seem to draw it as a spandex suit with a little more design to it. So I wonder how it will turn out.
But as long as both the heroes and villains get the appropriate love I'm good. I want the Joker, Captian Cold, Grodd, Brainiac, Lex, Cheetah and their heroic counterparts.

I'm not sure we'll see any rubber from SSC. I fully expect the same materials that go into their Marvel PFs will be mimicked into their 1:6 ventures. I think you'll see the thicker spandex materials with the same mesh that are used in Joes placed over for the New 52 style.

Hit up the Joe forum itself, there are a ton of pics all over the map of those.

big blue…

SA_Blue_Beetle.jpg

:yess:

Hit up the Joe forum itself, there are a ton of pics all over the map of those.

So I just hit up the Joe forum and I am very pleased with what I saw there. Looks like Sideshow has stepped up the ball big time in their sixth scale offerings.

Sideshow Collectibles
‎::Ask Sideshow::

Question: When will we start to see previews of the "high end" 12 inch DC heroes and villians?

Answer: The magic eight-ball says… SOON. We're actively underway with development on Gotham's most heroic and notorious, and big blue… and it won't be too long before you get your first look. Not too long, we say, although it feels like eternity to us too… we want DC awesomeness in Sixth Scale, from the comics, yesterday. Our crusade is underway, now grab your cape and join us!

Damn it, need to start saving up...

I'm the opposite, I hope it's the New 52 suit. Seeing how good a job that DC Direct did on it, I know that SSC can do it better.

DC%20Direct%20New%2052%20Batman.JPG

And I'm the opposite of your opposite. Classic, definitve version first. Then they can play with variants. Considering he only wears that outfit in 1 of the 5 or 6 comics he is in now, it doesn't make much sense to use that one unless DC is being brutish.

Considering he only wears that outfit in 1 of the 5 or 6 comics he is in now, it doesn't make much sense to use that one unless DC is being brutish.

What are you talking about? That IS his New 52 design. Every artist had to base it off of Jim Lee's design.

Batman:
batman-new-52-3-glider.jpg

Detective Comics:
DTC_Cv6_aksjdhfas6dfas7d986fasg.jpg

Batman and Robin:
Batman-and-Robin-1-2.jpg

Batman: The Dark Knight:
BMTDKaskjdhfas6982451-480x369.jpg

Justice League International:
tumblr_lpzvcnzMUe1qa09o1o1_1280.jpg

Justice League:
justice-league_crop.jpg

Even his cameo in Catwoman bore the same design:
tumblr_lrxbdvMEFs1qjcq1co1_500.jpg

There are variations from artist to artist as there always is but it's the same suit. :dunno

And I'm the opposite of your opposite. Classic, definitve version first. Then they can play with variants. Considering he only wears that outfit in 1 of the 5 or 6 comics he is in now, it doesn't make much sense to use that one unless DC is being brutish.

Agreed.:clap

What are you talking about? That IS his New 52 design. Every artist had to base it off of Jim Lee's design.

Batman:
batman-new-52-3-glider.jpg

Detective Comics:
DTC_Cv6_aksjdhfas6dfas7d986fasg.jpg

Batman and Robin:
Batman-and-Robin-1-2.jpg

Batman: The Dark Knight:
BMTDKaskjdhfas6982451-480x369.jpg

Justice League International:
tumblr_lpzvcnzMUe1qa09o1o1_1280.jpg

Justice League:
justice-league_crop.jpg

Even his cameo in Catwoman bore the same design:
tumblr_lrxbdvMEFs1qjcq1co1_500.jpg

There are variations from artist to artist as there always is but it's the same suit. :dunno

I'm not seeing the same suit Mike. In the ones I've been reading (DC, Batman, and BTDK) its been is regular spandex suit. No armor. :dunno

That 52 suit looks lame with all the tech lines in it.

First figure out of the gates needs to be Neal Adams Batman.

Back