Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He pulled a Bill and got it fast :D

You guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny! :rotfl

I'll post pics as soon as I can get the camera from my wife who's snapping pics every 2 minutes of my newborn son. Plus I have to figure out how to do them here.

You guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny! :rotfl

I'll post pics as soon as I can get the camera from my wife who's snapping pics every 2 minutes of my newborn son. Plus I have to figure out how to do them here.

Tell your wife this is more important! Go get that camera!!!! :lol I kid...I kid....Congrats on your newborn!

I've gotten my shipping notice. it's suppose to arrive on the 7th. so if others with better cameras and skills don't have there's by then i'll do my best to put up some pics that night.

Got mine yesterday. My local distributor for SSC, people at SimplyToys were kind enough to send the order to my home.

The joints are tight and I am really please that the helmet is rotatable. I thought Vader is great as a stand alone figure. However, he doesn't fit in well with the rest of the 1/6th scale collection. The Stormtrooper's height could barely reach his shoulders... he is way too tall, an inch shorter would have been great.

talk about irony... after all these years of "Medicom's Vader is too short", will we now have to live with "SST's Vader is too tall"?

21.jpg

url

Here it looks like the height is spot on.

Relative height seems to be accurate.

Post pics Puay.. We all know its late in singapore but come on...

My apologises... I have actually taken photos with my friend's camera only to realise he didn't pass me the cable for image transfer to my computer, will try to post images once I grab the cable from him.:)

I think to be scaled properly he should be about 1 inch taller than a Stormtrooper. But if its between a smidge to tall or to short I'd prefer too tall.

Yes, Vader is roughly 1/4 inch too tall, minimal in the end, and like others have said, better to be on the too tall side than shorter. I'm sure Vader will stand out more too because he's probably the best scale to other figure heights being on a custom body where we're used to other figures only having a slight difference in height amongst each other. Most of the entire Sideshow Star Wars line is the same height with Lukes and the females being smaller, but now we've got Vader seeming out of place because we're not used to such a range. Like I said, he's a smidge too tall, but it's more the dramatic contrast we're not used to seeing that makes him feel too big than his actual height.

I actually really like that he is MASSIVE. I just hope they are all that way. Not just ANH.

Should be, I don't imagine them using a different body for the others, and even if there are changes to the dome on future figures, it won't be change that add or take away height to him.

I think to be scaled properly he should be about 1 inch taller than a Stormtrooper. But if its between a smidge to tall or to short I'd prefer too tall.

I think many fans would love to pose him in the duel with Old Ben. Vader is so massive that Old Ben seems... strung.:(

Back