Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually dressed my vader in both a t 800 and reeves body and neither work, reeves looks too scrawny and t800 has too much T and A to work for vader lol his legs look ridiculous. Looks like kp is the winner

Scratch that.. I tried the reeve body again but went all the way with his gear which I didn't the first time... It might actually be the way to go... Will wait until I get my cape in to decode what body to use.

Scratch that.. I tried the reeve body again but went all the way with his gear which I didn't the first time... It might actually be the way to go... Will wait until I get my cape in to decode what body to use.

Well, Reeve was trained by David Prowse when he bulked up to play Superman so it definitely feels right. I've thought about the mod before but never got around to trying it myself. I would be very interested to see what this might look like...

Well, Reeve was trained by David Prowse when he bulked up to play Superman so it definitely feels right. I've thought about the mod before but never got around to trying it myself. I would be very interested to see what this might look like...

It's definitely a good call, I will do the experimenting post some pics along the way.

This is how Prowse looked during pre-production of A New Hope - full body cast for sculpting the armor and helmet on.

Last edited:
Made my own cape.

IMG_3573_zpsf16f7dbb.jpg

IMG_3575_zpsa9c56b82.jpg

Now on to the robes!

It's definitely a good call, I will do the experimenting post some pics along the way.

Did you ever get around to this RF? I'm quite curious.
Looks pretty badass to me Fiend. :rock

Agreed x2 :clap

If Hot Toys gets Medicom's Asia licence, I'd bank on it. Not too far-fetched to think SSC would let HT do an ANH Vader, though.

Looks great, Fiend. Nice and imposing-like.

Thanks fellas! I need to search around for a scaled down chain for the cape and that will be it. I got him all perfectly futzed but I need batteries for the camera. I'll post pics when I get some.

Pic of Vader, Obi and Luke.

DSCF3066_zps4f44ec8c.jpg

One of Vader. I hope this shows off the cape and robes better. I think I'll eventually go back and refine the robe but for now I happy with it. Not bad for my first go at something like this.

DSCF3078_zpsf2543be1.jpg

Back