Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The velcro on my Vader's belt has become quite loose after removing it a few times to do customising. I've been putting some thought into how to remedy this, most of my ideas involving cutting away the existing velcro strips and applying new ones. Has anyone given it any thought?

The velcro on my Vader's belt has become quite loose after removing it a few times to do customising. I've been putting some thought into how to remedy this, most of my ideas involving cutting away the existing velcro strips and applying new ones. Has anyone given it any thought?

I had bought a pack of stick on velco strips from the supermarket for something else awhile back. I just cut thin strips off of those and stuck them right on top of the existing ones. Works fine.

For those of you using the kp-02 body, how did you attach the helmet, gloves, and boots? I haven't found a neck adapter with a ball joint small enough to fit and the wrists have yet to come off with heating and moderate force..

Justin, whatever you do, do NOT pull those KP wrist pegs off the KP's wrists! They are a mother to remove and required pliers for me to remove, etching up the sides of the ball-joints despite padding the pliers with masking tape. And, ultimately, I ended up putting them pack in.

As others have pointed out here, get yourself some nice long needle-nose pliers and get at the tiny pegs inside Vader's boots and gloves instead. You'll need to heat them up with a hair dryer or dunk them in some hot water to make it easy. But, once you do, you'll find the original KP wrist pegs and ankle joints will fit perfectly into those Vader parts.

Here's how my Vader ended up looking on the KP-02 body with this method, complete with tightly-jointed wrists and ankles.

KausticVader07.jpg

For all those using the KP02 bodies, did you find that vader's mobility was an issue? It was nearly impossible for me to move his arms (let alone get his head to sit in right)

I pulled the wrist pegs off my KP, the downside was that the edges of the wrist became a bit damaged. This wasn't a huge issue since Vader's gloves would cover them up anyway. A bit of drilling widened the holes on the KP wrists, allowing the gloves to fit in just fine.

I found the SS pegs impossible to remove even after applying heat from a hair dryer. I avoided hot water for fear of what direct contact with hot liquid might do to the plastic. Eventually I gave up on this method and just sawed a centimetre offf the ankles. Not as bad as it sounds, since the boots still fit quite snugly and only come off if you yank on them. I'm not planning on re-using the KP body either.

For anyone having trouble getting the head to fit, I suggest sanding down the neck ball joint. My guess is that most people have done this.

I had bought a pack of stick on velco strips from the supermarket for something else awhile back. I just cut thin strips off of those and stuck them right on top of the existing ones. Works fine.

Tabula, I might just do that. No one's going to look at Vader's backside anyway.

i neead a chest armor for creating this vader. but hasbro chest armor is little for vader. do you have any idea?

or someone wqants to sell ss vader chest armor ?

Here is custom ROTS armor I made. Could you use this? PM me it your interested.

mail-2.jpg

whatever you do, do NOT pull those KP wrist pegs off the KP's wrists! They are a mother to remove and required pliers for me to remove, etching up the sides of the ball-joints despite padding the pliers with masking tape. And, ultimately, I ended up putting them pack in.

I pulled the wrist pegs off my KP, the downside was that the edges of the wrist became a bit damaged.

Hot water method is the easiest way to go about it. It literally takes a couple seconds in hot water and you can removed the pegs with virtually no effort. I have used it dozens of times for years, never had anything negatively effected.

Blow dryer is okay, but takes longer , is more awkward and you don't usually get and even distribution of heat.

Hot water method is the easiest way to go about it. It literally takes a couple seconds in hot water and you can removed the pegs with virtually no effort. I have used it dozens of times for years, never had anything negatively effected.

Blow dryer is okay, but takes longer , is more awkward and you don't usually get and even distribution of heat.

could you put it in the microwave for 60 seconds??..........:monkey3

:lol.............no one do this !!!!!

I like the how the Hasbro dome flares out and I like how the SSC looks on profile... Result: Can't decide which I like better. :gah:

:lol

:lol............i'm about in the same boat but maybe leaning towards the hasbro a bit more.

:lol

I have to be honest though, I am starting to rethink the height mod and putting Vader back on his original body before I get a robe and cape from Lou. :horror

Back