Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quality wise I put Medicoms above SS, sure hes got the length, but after a while it loses its first wow effects.. (thats what she said) and the flaws start showing more.. at least with me that is.

quality wise I put Medicoms above SS, sure hes got the length, but after a while it loses its first wow effects.. (thats what she said) and the flaws start showing more.. at least with me that is.

Exactly how I feel now.

I don't know if you'll get ones specifically holding the belt, but the ANH Vader comes with ones that can rest on the boxes and essentially achieve that pose.

However, I'd like if the next Vader used a hand system like the recent Clone Wars Anakin with the forearm part of the glove as a soft piece and separate hands, get more posability out of them. The solid gloves works ok for ANH because he didn't get very dynamic, but for ESB or ROTJ dueling look, a little more posability at the wrists would be nice.

I just never tried it. But I will, thanks MaulFan.

I'm glad I amuse you ! What I find funny is that you think I have too much and I think you have too little because your collection is always changing.

hahaha I was thinking the same. We both have issues huh :D
I feel I am never satisfied :naughty

What a weird photo of Boba Fett! His chest armor looks like it's one big piece instead of divided, his knee armor is on upside down, and instead of the ankle ties (the spats didn't show up until ROTJ) the pants are rolled!

- J

I assumed he was just leaning forward, hence his armor, but I guess they rushed the knee pads and forgot the spat

I'm thinking about modding my sideshow vader's dome but I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to permanently alter the original dome. The Hasbro mod looks ok, but while the size is better, the internal dimensions/proportions are still way off (the "flared" part is too short & the "dome/helmet" part too long).

Sooo, I was wondering if anyone's tried usingthis? I saw it in a comic book shop the other day & took some rough measurements. It's REALLY close to the right size. But without seeing them side by side I'm not sure. If anything, I'm afraid this dome might be a little too big.

If the roto bank IS too big, has anyone found any other helmets that work? I saw someone posted a japanese candy container that might be perfect, but again, I don't know if it's the right size...

I'm thinking about modding my sideshow vader's dome but I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to permanently alter the original dome. The Hasbro mod looks ok, but while the size is better, the internal dimensions/proportions are still way off (the "flared" part is too short & the "dome/helmet" part too long).

Sooo, I was wondering if anyone's tried usingthis? I saw it in a comic book shop the other day & took some rough measurements. It's REALLY close to the right size. But without seeing them side by side I'm not sure. If anything, I'm afraid this dome might be a little too big.

If the roto bank IS too big, has anyone found any other helmets that work? I saw someone posted a japanese candy container that might be perfect, but again, I don't know if it's the right size...

I have an original, unmodified, Sideshow Dome for sale: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73243. Nothing has been cut or flared on it. I just took it off a helmet and put it away. You can modify this one and that way you don't have to permanently alter the one that originally came with your Vader and have the 2 options.

So .....after all this time I noticed that my Exclusive vader is missing his Silver tusk! Should I contact Sideshow? Would have to send back the whole figure. Ughhhh

@ Commtech

I want to buy your sideshow vader dome! I apparently have to get my post count up to five before i can pm you though.

I believe I may have the thing you're talking about... is it like a bust that's hinged at the bottom to allow a lolly-pop to fit inside the head?

I was thinking of doing a custom vader with it.. :D

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

Hey maulfan, is that Sideshow's vader unmodded? Because if that's Vader in his normal state then that sculpt is friggin awesome!:maul:emperor:chew

Yes, my Vader is 100% Sideshow production condition, not modifications or tweaks of any kind other than futzing with clothes and neck positions for ideal look.

You see people? It's pic like these that show how wonderful the sideshow headsculpt can be without touching it!Maulfan once again these pics are awesome

Back