Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long do you think it will be until we get a ROTJ Vader? I really want a Vader to go with the Emperor but i don't know if I should grab this one before he's gone.

I'd say 30th Anniversary of ROTJ. It's right around the corner and gives enough time between the Star Wars Vader we just got and the ESB we'll be seeing next year (2010).

Unless they go with a curve ball and sell ROTJ next to compliment the Emperor and Throne.

Highly doubt it. Unless they're planning on bailing on the 1:6 line, they'll need him for the WOW factor of the anniversary announcement. Especially now with the Emperor and his throne already being released.

Not to mention the 1:1 bust... no. I think it will still be a while before we see ROTJ Vader in 1:6 and certainly not before 2013, as nam said.

was wondering how easy it is to remove the tunic on the body. I was thinking about making a custom tunic and cape for mine and wanted to see what you guys thought.

i'ts relatively easy pop off the head and the rest is a breeze, I'd be interested in the pattern for the cape, mines to short & I'd like heavier material so I've been to lazy to take the head off again to take a pattern

thanks... just after watching the films and looking at still like this one:
10204247ADarth-Vader-Posters.jpg

I just feel a better more realistic looking material cape and tunic that falls more realistically would improve the figure a great deal. Just like the horrendous capes that hot toys use on the batman figures I feel the right material could improve this as well.

Iforigno, if you ever make a decent cape, you've gót to make me one as well.. since I you know.. Pm'ed you in the first place.. :p

I actually just bought some special fabric specifically for the tunic and cape so I am debating whether or not to get this one or wait for a ESB version, which I think I may decide to do.

thanks... just after watching the films and looking at still like this one:
10204247ADarth-Vader-Posters.jpg

I just feel a better more realistic looking material cape and tunic that falls more realistically would improve the figure a great deal. Just like the horrendous capes that hot toys use on the batman figures I feel the right material could improve this as well.

I actually quite like the material and hang of the Sideshow cape, just seems to flow very nicely...

I actually quite like the material and hang of the Sideshow cape, just seems to flow very nicely...

Yeah this figure is just one of the best...:lol
Probably my favourite figure done by sideshow in 2009

Cant wait to see a 1/6 Boba Fett next to him...and Palpatine 1/6 of course :emperor:banana

Can you tuck the tunic under the shoulder armor? That would make it a lot more accurate for the Emeror display I'm planning.

I don't mind the flow of the cape really (though I'd like it to sit better in some areas & look heavier), my main problem is with my Vader it's seems to be high tide & I remember it reaching the floor in the movies & not around the ankles.

finally got this guy thru viking playground.

ho-lee crap. what and epic and total win, sideshow. there have been some really good pics in this thread but they do not do him justice. even though i see the pics and hear people talk about how big he is i was still floored when i took him out of the box. the helmet size is almost a non-factor imo. i was expecting something laughable but i think he looks amazing right out of the box. he looks so much better in hand. maybe my favorite 1/6th scale i own now...sorry stormshadow and dx joker.

cape SHOULD droop on the floor IMO . dont know if it be accurate.. B ut it sure as hell would make him more impressive.. most impressive.. I mean cmon! Vader is like Batman, nice cape is mandatory.

Back