Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didn't like vader's underarms being so long so I modded them, hope you like the result!

arm on the left is modded, right is unmodded!

vgoa6e.jpg

jqi9hg.jpg

25pjzoo.jpg

2rnc0sy.jpg

but his upperbody proportions certainly look better now, his legs are partly conceiled by his robe so they don't bother me to much, but I'll try shortening his upper legs on my spare Vader body, that might actually also make him look more proportionate compared to my other 1/6 figures!

Cool pictures Kansas!

but his upperbody proportions certainly look better now, his legs are partly conceiled by his robe so they don't bother me to much, but I'll try shortening his upper legs on my spare Vader body, that might actually also make him look more proportionate compared to my other 1/6 figures!

Can't wait to see the result. Please take pictures of the whole process so we can mimic it.

So... in my quest for finding the best fix for the SSC Vader Helmet, I decided to do the Hasbro dome mod that some freaks have already tried to see if that looks closer to the screen ANH Vader helmet. I was lucky to find a loose Hasbro talking Vader at my local show last Wednesday for $10 :D. I dremeled the inside and I just finished sculpting the front peak (??) that the ANH dome has but the ESB and ROTJ lack. I'll paint and polish tomorrow and hopefully I'll have pictures of the finished mod.

DSC02173.jpg

Looks pretty good. I didn't bother adding the widow's peak to my helmet, but maybe I should. Using the Hasbro dome is without a doubt the best thing you can do to make your Vader look better (kind of sad when I say it that way).

So... in my quest for finding the best fix for the SSC Vader Helmet, I decided to do the Hasbro dome mod that some freaks have already tried to see if that looks closer to the screen ANH Vader helmet. I was lucky to find a loose Hasbro talking Vader at my local show last Wednesday for $10 :D. I dremeled the inside and I just finished sculpting the front peak (??) that the ANH dome has but the ESB and ROTJ lack. I'll paint and polish tomorrow and hopefully I'll have pictures of the finished mod.

DSC02173.jpg

Great job man!, i can't wait to see it all done and attached to Vader.I think the key to making this helmet look great, is having the dome sitting in the right position on the head.

Back