Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Story seems to be that the silver rubbed off at some point in the filming. Since movies are shot in non-linear fashion, the missing paint appears sporadically in the movie. It all depends on when scenes were filmed.

thanx for that info guys! i was dissapointed when i first saw the one silver dot as i thought one of the silver tips had broken off mine! but if everyones is like that then im fine with it and can easily just paint a silver tip myself if i chose! still cant belive how big he is though compared to my HT dutch,iron man and predator!

It most definitely was missing paint a number of times. Sometimes, it didn't matter so much because light from the set would catch on the forms of the tusk and leave enough highlight to almost look as if it was painted, but you can also seeing looking at those shots, the painted one is significantly birghter.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Hey guys.

On the screen used ANH helmet, but tusks are machined aluminum.
Vader's right tusk (left if you are looking at him) has a black paint wash over it. It is not completely solid black, more like the black partially rubbed off.
It was an intentional design choice and appeared throughout the entire movie.

In ESB and ROTJ, both tusks are bare aluminum.

here's a couple of front-on shots for those who asked.

Laying down on my desk:

20090722_4Large.jpg

20090722_5Large.jpg

Standing up:

20090722_6Large.jpg

Natural light (well, daylight fluorescent desk lamp i work by.... but no flash I mean)
20090722_8Large.jpg

And with flash, so you can see everything
20090722_9Large.jpg

Raising the shoulder armour, and lowering/tilting back the dome restricts the head articulation a bit... but there's enough for virtually all Vader poses I'd guess. Certainly enough for me :)

I have them in a bag at the new house. Keeping them until new Vader arrive then I'm going to seed them in the garden, maybe they'll grow into full size Vader figures :D

JKO, I am sure you will be able to grow em! mini Vaders all over the garden!!

Loads of forum folks will buy the parts I am sure!!

Back