Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

If I end up keeping my order, this will accompany me to all project meetings at work. I'll just place him on the conference table and act as if it's completely normal. :lol

Get an audio clip of his laughter and play that at quiet moments in your meeting. That'd rock.:rock2:rock2:rock2

I think the price is great for this life-size statue.

It is also an honor to have the original artist work on this.

Great job Sideshow

Re: Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

If I end up keeping my order, this will accompany me to all project meetings at work. I'll just place him on the conference table and act as if it's completely normal. :lol

I shall call him, mini me, muahhahahaha.

I envision him going either like on a small pedistal near like a front door, or maybe on the corner of a fireplace. It's small enough, you could make a game at home with your family, where's crumb today?

2219_press04-001.jpg

I think his tail would make a great toilet paper holder and a wonderful conversation piece.

Also of note, this is an obvious example of Sideshow being able to pick up some of the dropped ball that was Master Replicas' refusal to re-up the prop replica license.

As far as Crumb being "just a stand-alone piece"... while that is the case, some of us are cool with some nice stand-alone pieces. I don't need to make a huge diorama out of everything. Besides, even though he's essentially an ugly Muppet it cannot be denied that Crumb is a nostalgic and easily-recognizeable creature from the OT. That alone makes this a cooler announcement than a Grievous bust would have been for me.

I'm very dissapointed. I was really expecting something in 1/6 scale. I mean it looks really cool. But i'm just not interested. I was hoping for vader or a storm trooper, but oh well. Congrats to the people who bought this. In the end I guess it's okay, since I have so much other poo coming out.

If you think about it, the entire 1:1 Star Wars offering is just about all stand alone pieces. Greedo and Boskk as bounty hunters go together, that's it, Yoda, Maul, Greedo, Bossk and Crumb as a whole don't have anything in common at all. I collect 1:1 for their look and quality, characters I love, and pieces I feel would add something to have in my collection. Maul was because, well you guys know, Yoda I got because it looks just like him and it's a beautiful piece, and Crumb in some indescribable way just strikes me as a fun piece to have in the collection.

Wow! This thing is awesome... I'm almost tempted to get one. But I seriously have no idea where he would go. I think if he wasn't a rigid statue (more of a puppet prop) I'd probably bite, but sadly I don't collect or have room for 1:1 stuff, but to me this is a really cool announcement and just further proof that Sideshow likes to keep us guessing!

Also, $350 seems like a really good price, paying the higher end PF price for a 1:1 is pretty good IMO.

Also, $350 seems like a really good price, paying the higher end PF price for a 1:1 is pretty good IMO.

Considering a bust is about $500 plus, and this is close in dimensions, I think it's very good deal, plus it's real hair, not sculpted like the busts, it has actual prop maker authenticity with it, and the whole piece is just well crafted, plus I assume with this, the pillow is real and not polystone like the figure, I think this whole package is great. It'd look nice on a shelf even with Jabba and his throne I think.

I think its great that Sideshow continues to shock 2 years into the SW license.

Never predictable, keeps things fresh.

I think its great that Sideshow continues to shock 2 years into the SW license.

Never predictable, keeps things fresh.

Agreed! What I like a lot about Sideshow is that it's not all business, they're as much about doing things for their own fun as they are making money. I'm sure somewhere in their dealing with LFL, they had the chance to meet the prop maker, and they just got the idea of hey, let's make this collectible, just to work with him and to do something interesting, not necessarily worried about sales, kinda like how their JAWS maquette came about.

Would have never thought you be able to get a full size Crumb shame i only 1/6 but damn it looks good and at a good price i think.

It been scuplted by the original scuplter from ROTJ!
Talk about getting the right people for the job, i think it about the same size as the ht powerloader and im kind of tempted. Needs to a have his laughter as a FX gimmick.

I'm actually gonna get this....I think he'd be a real eye catcher in my office not to mention that he could fight Kermit every now and then..:lol

This piece totally rocks!!

Its 1:1 of one of the most recognizable characters in the series, it has real hair, comes with a frickin pillow, and has the original sculptor working on it.

The only question, where will I get the money to purchase it!?!?!?

...somewhere my wife is feeling a small pain in her wallet...

I'm actually gonna get this....I think he'd be a real eye catcher in my office not to mention that he could fight Kermit every now and then..:lol

:google I hadn't even thought of him going with Kermit and the MR Muppets until you mentioned it! Now I will definitely keep my order. :rock

Back