Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

You raise some good points here.

How did two experienced scientists with 3D mapping technology and full ship communication get lost on the way back to the ship,
only to contact the ship ages after the rest of the crew had already returned?

I wondered this also and there's no plausible explanation that I can see think of other than maybe the storm interfering with their equipment ( but then it would have done the same to the other group surely ). If I really wanted to think of an explanation I'd probably say because David was with Shaw and the others and it's not like he's going to get lost but yeah no one should have gotten lost really.

Why did they stick probes into a long dead engineer head and blow it up?

Because they're scientists who can't help but experiment whilst not really knowing what they're doing ?. :lol

Why was Guy Pearse a man in his 40's playing a 100 year old geriatric (badly)?

I suppose because they thought it would work better , this is another thing that bothered me really. They should have just hired an older guy to play the role without the use of makeup or only a little. It seems strange to me that they would even think of hiring a younger actor for the role in the first place ( surely it wasn't just for the sake of the TED speech ? ). I can only think maybe they want him to play a part in one of the sequels ?.

How did David's head know that the last engineer was coming for Shaw?

Probably just saw him walk off angrily and presumed he was going after Shaw or whoever was left alive. Asked Shaw if she was still there and when she replied came to the conclusion that he was coming for her.

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I just watched Prometheus the second time, this time in 3D. It's entertaining I give you that, but I can't shake the feeling that the plot is laying somewhere on the cutting room floor. Without heavily extended version this will not be in my collection when it's released on some format or another. And the last ten or so minutes suck majorly, in my opinion.

Again with the spoilers and speculation:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The 3D was mostly prominent in the beginning and end some end scenes of the movie, not so much in the most of the middle parts.

Last edited:

hmmmm... lot's of if and buts there though? Reminds me of Lost..oh wait!

....and how did the captain come to the conclusion that it was a military base?

:lol

I think people who are connecting this film to Alien are overlooking the fact that yes it is a prequel, however it is probably a prequel to a prequel of Alien. I'm sure there's alot of alien evolution that could take place over another two films or so that would eventually lead into Alien.

What does the tentacle monster look like? I've heard it's just a giant facehugger basically.

It is, but with some tentacles instead of fingers. Not as structured but still pretty similar. It actually looks cool, just pointless.

Just hope that unlike Snow White and the Huntsman, Charlize Theron doesn't scream at the camera constantly!

Thanks for the heads up on that. I definitely would find that annoying.

I just watched Prometheus the second time, this time in 3D. It's entertaining I give you that, but I can't shake the feeling that the plot is laying somewhere on the cutting room floor. Without heavily extended version this will not be in my collection when it's released on some format or another. And the last ten or so minutes suck majorly, in my opinion.

Again with the spoilers and speculation:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The 3D was mostly prominent in the beginning and end some end scenes of the movie, not so much in the most of the middle parts.

I loved reading this. I can't wait to see what I get out of it. I already have so many ideas of what makes sense and how it connects to ALIEN, or not, just from reading spoilers and speculations. I'm totally excited for this movie again, but from a whole new perspective.

If nothing else, this movie sounds great simply because you get to imagine your own answers. Everything could mean nothing, or it can mean anything, or everything. A lot of people criticize the writing for being so vague, but I wonder if time will tell that it's actually brilliant because of that. Too many writers spell it all out these days, and when the movie is over there is no sense of wonder left. It was all on screen. Done and done. Next...

When I think that I've been waiting 33 years to find out what the hell the deal with the Jockey was and how did Xenos come into existence, why should I hate this movie for leaving me with the same wonder and mystery I've enjoyed pondering all my life until now. Would I feel satisfied to finally have a definite answer, or would I feel emptied out because that mystery was finally cut out of me by somebody else's imagination? What if I didn't love their answer as much as the possibilities I hoped for?

Now that I've read all the frustrated reviews, I think I can set my own expectations aside, and immerse myself in a whole new "alien" experience again. One review I read suggested maybe it's a sidequel, an unrelated story involving similar beings and events. Predator 2 wasn't actually a sequel to Predator; it was just another story in the same universe. This, too, is the same universe as ALIEN, and that's all I need to know for now.

^ Dude...same here.

That's my plan 100%. I only expect 5 things. Space Jockey, Some Alien monster of sorts, Fassbender, Rapace, and a space ship called The Prometheus.

Everything else, i'll say bring it. I don't care much what it is.

I loved reading this. I can't wait to see what I get out of it. I already have so many ideas of what makes sense and how it connects to ALIEN, or not, just from reading spoilers and speculations. I'm totally excited for this movie again, but from a whole new perspective.

Whatever you do; don't do what some die hard fan boys are doing and think/ want to believe that the events of Prometheus lead directly into Alien, because a) it doesn't and b) it's obvious that the film was intended to be more than just one film in a series leading up to Alien.

I've known that since the beginning. And I never expected it to lead right into the USCSS Nostromo taking off.

I've known that since the beginning. And I never expected it to lead right into the USCSS Nostromo taking off.

Congrats. You'll enjoy this film then.:yess:

My theory to what may occur after the events of the film:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Then how do you explain the Xeno portrait and chamber already in the temple?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back