Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I know English is not your first language, but this is really something else. So PROMETHEUS is not a prequel to Alien, but it is another story that's going to use the exact SAME elements from an Alien prequel?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Do they think we're stupid?

It IS a prequel to Alien, but it does not end right at Alien.

It includes events, and certain characters (Space Jockey, Weyland) from Alien, but the rest is a new movie. So when it ends, it doesn't end right where Alien began. It can keep moving in a different direction if they want it too.

So it's not like Star Wars where you already know what happens. You won't. Which is why this movie will hopefully work.

And the thing is, they don't WANT it to be an Alien movie, because Alien is a ruined franchise. No one will take it seriously any more. It's a ____ing joke.

So for the Alien's sake, let's hope this movie works.

Official Prometheus trailer to be released this saturday. AMC Theatres Downtown Disney is having a live Q&A with Damon Lindelof and Ridley Scott, after that they will premiere trailer

What I am really excited for are the new designs they have come up with for this one, love the creature effects and etc.

So is the ship on the planet from the previously released trailer the Derelict!?

^ Yes and no. It is the same kind of ship, but it's not THE ship from Alien. Same species, same design.

Giger rocks.

Last edited:

He wasn't asked to do much. Where is your source for Giger getting let go over an "ego war" ?

I haven't heard a single thing about that/

Neither do i.

Last edited:

No no, I want full story. Full released story. I don't care to deal with the maybe, maybe not stuff.

And most everyone knew that Giger did a few things. He wasn't a large part of the designs. He over saw, and did the mural. Plus, Scott has been talking about the Jockey suits thing for a while.

I have a secret friend too. One who tells me trade secrets that I will only share with others by super secret PM.

:rotfl

Maybe we are.

You edited your post.

It IS a prequel to Alien, but it does not end right at Alien.

It includes events, and certain characters (Space Jockey, Weyland) from Alien, but the rest is a new movie. So when it ends, it doesn't end right where Alien began. It can keep moving in a different direction if they want it too.

So it's not like Star Wars where you already know what happens. You won't. Which is why this movie will hopefully work.

I understand what you're saying, but the way it's been explained makes it sound stupid. It's like this:

Warner Bros. decides to make a film about a boy who's parents are murdered in an alley. The boy is raised by a butler and goes through all kinds of training. When he's ready, he becomes a billionaire playboy by day and a masked vigilante by night, but his name is not Bruce Wayne.

This is either the greatest tick ever or dumbest idea in film history. Scott is either a genius or a nut job. I hope it's the latter in both cases.

Giger rocks.

Neither do i.

You edited more of your posts.

Sound less stupid now.
Thank you.

Yes i edited they were not interesting.
And they sounded even more stupid.
It's fixed now.

I guess i will wait until early May to say interresting things.

:)

Last edited:

Sound less stupid now.
Thank you.

Yes i edited they were not interesting.
And they sounded even more stupid.
It's fixed now.

I guess i will wait until early May to say interresting things.

:)

WTF? :panic:

Is the ship that crashes at the end of the film the ship from the beginning of Alien or not? I always thought it would be but know people are saying it's not. If it's not then two SJ ships crashed almost identically...

Back