Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I think this movie would have been better served had they not tried to shoehorn so many Alien references into it and just went with an unrelated sci-fi film. . .of course, had they not, how many of us would have bothered to even see it?

Maybe. I think the references were fine. It's just they needed a better writer, and less ideas in the pot.

Keep it simple, throw some, and I mean SOME ambiguity into the mix, and bam.

Still, it could've been worse.

Even though I might have enjoyed a more straight-forward Alien prequel, I can understand Scott's willingness to do something different and not just re-tread old themes. It might not have worked perfectly, but it was what he's always done best: push the limits on his very particular vision. That is what brought us Alien, Blade Runner, Black Hawk Down and Gladiator, among other great or not so great movies.

:exactly: I admire the fact that he decided he wanted to do something "more" than an ALIEN prequel, but in deciding this he removed the cohesive elements from what worked as an ALIEN prequel.

If he had simply kept the planet code of LV-426 and had the Engineer in the chair at the end, then I think I would be more satisfied with the final product, despite the nonsensical black goo/squid baby/adult alien chestburster thingy.

just saw this last night. Not a bad movie by any means, but could've been better and could've been tied to Alien better obviously. I enjoyed it.

Where the heck did those bruises on Shaw's right leg come from?

I also noticed three scratch marks on Holloway's shoulder when he checks himself out in the mirror. Did they have rough sex? :lol

I'm just watching Prometheus this minute and again I can't say anything bad about it.
Great suspense and overall atmosphere.
But that's not why I post.

1st thing is a conclusion I came about. while watching the alternate Fifield Attack scene.

Having seen the deleted "Alien skin" scene I thought to myself that Scott didn't delete/change the Fiflied attack scene because the CGI Is bad...cause it's not, CGI is perfect. I think they changed it cause together with the alien skin scene...Prometheus got to close to Alien.
I think they wanted to get as far away as they could from Alien, but near enough to recognize the roots, you know?! And those 2 scenes were the edge. The Edge were it REALLY was Alien and for that...it's great.
I think Scott really thought this through.
:rock

2nd thing is the second screen App.
That's some wicked stuff.
Online with my Samsung Galaxy S2, active App and having Prometheus running...the App shows storyboards, concepts and videos and the REALLY sick **** is that the App pauses the movie when a making of, or deleted/alternate scene is played and resumes playback automatically too.

God, I love the tech these days.
:rock :lol

Call me crazy but could the ship in Alien be the one Shaw left in? Or the alien at the end boarder another ship that may have come to the planet?

It's pronounced Rey-pas anyway, so that doesn't work :wink1:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbzLBVu37_8[/ame]

I don't know, they're already working. I think Riddles is finishing up his little movie right now, and perhaps within a a year or two, we'll be back up on the Derelict.

Prometheus only took 60 days to film, which is ****ing insane. That's like...Rodriguez filming lengths.

Back