Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sazfwm.jpg

___

:lol :lol :lol

A better script, but it still starts with big alabaster dudes. :monkey2

Space Jockeys are still just spacesuits for big alabaster dudes. :(

This script is still 100x better than what got lensed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damon Lindehof = Rob Liefeld :pow

The DVD extras reveal how the filmmakers changed the script on a daily basis, which is always a good recipe for utter trainwreck salad.

sazfwm.jpg

swans-alien.jpg

___

Haven't had time to read the script, but it does sound like a better sci-fi/horror film from your synopsis...
Maybe not as thought provoking or ambitious, but certainly more logical.

Not sure if this has been posted but Alien Blu-Ray Anthology $20 @Amazon[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AQO3QA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AQO3QA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]

Not sure if this has been posted but Alien Blu-Ray Anthology $20 @Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AQO3QA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Ordered. Thanks! Just wish I could decline having them ship Alien Resurrection *sigh*

And having a wife who went through a C-section pregnancy, where I had to stay at home for two weeks to help her recuperate, etc., I was also a bit impressed by the ability of this woman to get up and start running around right after a few staples were applied to her wound in the film :lol

Ordered. Thanks! Just wish I could decline having them ship Alien Resurrection *sigh*

And having a wife who went through a C-section pregnancy, where I had to stay at home for two weeks to help her recuperate, etc., I was also a bit impressed by the ability of this woman to get up and start running around right after a few staples were applied to her wound in the film :lol

:lol I was thinking about the same thing. Make it a two-pack for me please:lecture

A better script, but it still starts with big alabaster dudes. :monkey2

Space Jockeys are still just spacesuits for big alabaster dudes. :(

This script is still 100x better than what got lensed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damon Lindehof = Rob Liefeld :pow

The DVD extras reveal how the filmmakers changed the script on a daily basis, which is always a good recipe for utter trainwreck salad.

sazfwm.jpg

swans-alien.jpg

___

I wish we got that...

Darn. I too, wish we could've got that version. Sounded fantastic! :(

I bet that if they had of made the film using the other script, that people would have still pulled it apart... :lol

Some of it might read okay but when actually on the screen it would probably have similar problems.

I'm still a fan of the Theatrical and Extended Cut of "Prometheus" and look forward to seeing a possible sequel.

PsychoCenobite :horror

I bet that if they had of made the film using the other script, that people would have still pulled it apart... :lol

Some of it might read okay but when actually on the screen it would probably have similar problems.

I'm still a fan of the Theatrical and Extended Cut of "Prometheus" and look forward to seeing a possible sequel.

PsychoCenobite :horror

What extended cut?
Hadn't heard of this before...

Any movie can be criticized on some level, but it seems like major logical consistencies could be avoided, even when you have a complex movie with lots of moving parts. Particularly when you have all this money to throw at something. Millions and millions of dollars! People should be checking for these things at the script writing stage, and should always be cognizant of changes made during production IMO.

I still enjoyed the film, but it took some of the enjoyment away, and kept it from being greater than it could have been. By no means is that the litmus test for what makes a great movie, but it can really hurt a movie and take a view out of the experience. Particularly when the filmmakers are obviously trying to be taken seriously like they were here.

What extended cut?
Hadn't heard of this before...

It's called the Weyland Investors Extended Cut by Antonvolk (Anton Volkov).

If you search for that then you should come across it.

Basically it adds back in the deleted scenes. It won't change the film enough if you didn't like the Theatrical version, but for me it add a little more to the film, which I already liked.

PsychoCenobite :)

Been watching the making-of documentary on the 4-disc set, and I'm actually appreciating more what Scott's vision was.
Even though I might have enjoyed a more straight-forward Alien prequel, I can understand Scott's willingness to do something different and not just re-tread old themes. It might not have worked perfectly, but it was what he's always done best: push the limits on his very particular vision. That is what brought us Alien, Blade Runner, Black Hawk Down and Gladiator, among other great or not so great movies.

Back