Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official 3D ALIEN Prequel Discussion Thread

...............How about a pensioner? Lets push an anti-ageism agenda this time :monkey1

And it has to be an unknown old man or woman!

Last edited:

Looks like we need a thread title change

https://www.slashfilm.com/ridley-sc...-prometheus-starring-noomi-rapace/#more-95911

While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn’t be more pleased to have found the singular tale I’d been searching for, and finally return to this genre that’s so close to my heart.

- Ridley Scott

Ehh.......so.....eh? Now its not an Alien film? I don't get it.
Yep, its no longer an Alien film. Its been changed to a new original property.

So much for all the stuff Ridley said in the Alien anthology Blu ray booklet if this is truly the case.

edit- although, maybe its still set within the Alien universe....it just won't be about the Alien.

rawr :gah: confused and pissed off :gah: rawr

Oh..and Angelina Jolie?!

All I want know is giger still tied to this movie.

The Alien prequel that isn't about alien. Looking good.

Couldn't have said it better. At THIS point, Fox can tug on Ridley's leash a little. Still hope Giger's onboard, but I think he too would be more than a little disappointed. Space Jockeys, Aliens, and some answers. That's what we need, and now Ridley's gotten inspiration for already another picture. Sigh... whatever ideas he's just gotten, I hope he applies them to Alien. He can save whatever's left for a different movie after this one's done.

And lesser-known actors are great! It's a little tough to get immersed into a film when someone you know has been in tons of different films is the main character. I mean, we've all heard of Sigourney Weaver now, but back in '79 when she wasn't known, it worked.

Kinda saddened that it's not about my beloved alien creatures, but I'm all for any original sci-fi movie!
In the end, this is good news.

Let's wait and see how this develops before changing the name of the thread though...

Ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind an original sci-fi movie at all, but we NEED an Alien film to clean up the mess and give the franchise a good name again.

the Alien franchise looks to be officially dead :dunno

As a huge ALIEN fan, all I can say is FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I DONT MIND IT! I dont want to see any more Colonial Marines or Riplys or Pulse rilfes. They were classics and will stand the test of time. We need a fresh new look that we havnt scene before. It needs to be like the original, so fresh and like nothing anyones ever scene. Ridley is talented so im intertested to see what he comes up with!

I'm still excited. I can't not be , Ridley Scott and sci-fi again. I'm looking forward to anything.

This sucks. ____ 20th Century Fux and ____ Ridley.

600full-ridley-scott.jpg

Back