Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official 3D ALIEN Prequel Discussion Thread

If one of these ideas gets loose, then all of this...this BULL____, wellt you can kiss all that goodbye!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Awesome quote!
Man, this has been an alien-filled evening! Now I feel like watching Aliens again. :yess:

It is the finding of this court of inquiry that CelticP has acted with..questionable judgement.. and is unfit to hold an SSF member license. Said license is hereby suspended indefinitely. :monkey3 :wink1:

What do you want me to Blade, fetch yer slippers for ya?

No. Have you?

Wait, that doesn't work with dudes.

Hey Sarge, you'll get lip cancer smokin' those.

TAKE THIS WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT...

Seems like Charlize Theron might be in this.

https://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/01/charlieze_theron_drops_out_of.html

"Charlize Theron has decided against starring in Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar Hoover biopic, and insiders tell Vulture that Twentieth Century Fox is working overtime to re-jigger its planned prequel to Ridley Scott’s Alien to potentially, um, vacuum her up. (See what we did there? Space is a vacuum; so is a Hoover! …Sigh.)

Apparently, Theron’s reps at William Morris Endeavor were a bit ahead of the curve on their client’s willingness to star as Hoover’s longtime personal secretary Helen Gandy, putting the Oscar winner in the slightly awkward position of having to apologize to Eastwood for backing away from a role she never actually planned on accepting. All has since been smoothed over with Eastwood, but it’s also opened the door for 20th Century Fox. The studio is hoping the newly-available Theron can solve one of its more pressing problems: Casting its Alien prequel.

Director Ridley Scott is adamant that the little-known Scandinavian actress Noomi Rapace — best known, to the extent that she’s known at all, for playing Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish-language Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy — get the part of the Alien prequel’s main character, Elizabeth Shaw. Scott has also been pushing to launch a far more multi-cultural crew into space, and last month, Vulture reported that the director hoped to give the part of Vickers — a fortysomething, tough-but-sexy crewmember — to Michelle Yeoh.

However, knowledgeable insiders say that Fox execs are nervous about pinning Scott’s costly CGI movie on such lesser-known actors like Rapace and, should a deal be made with him, Michael Fassbender (as this blog also previously reported is in negotiations to play the part of an android crewman), or Yeoh, and so wanted a bigger name for the part of Vickers.

Regardless, we’re told that Fox is having the role rewritten so that it’s larger and befitting, if not of Theron, than at least of someone of Theron’s stature. We're also told that the South African beauty should get the new version of the Alien script sometime this week and make her decision soon."

Thanks to Shasvre for the heads up.

Last edited:

MonsterBWP_468x413.jpg

am i the only one who thinks the tough-but-sexy-female-lead gimmick is played out in these movies? it worked in the overtly-Freudian sense for the first movie, but it got kinda cartoonish afterwards. come on, Scott - you were creating whole new genres back in the day, you can try something else new for this.

am i the only one who thinks the tough-but-sexy-female-lead gimmick is played out in these movies? it worked in the overtly-Freudian sense for the first movie, but it got kinda cartoonish afterwards. come on, Scott - you were creating whole new genres back in the day, you can try something else new for this.

Well I personally never considered Weaver sexy but yes I agree, where is it written that an Alien film must have a tough 'sexy' female in the lead role? Plus that article mentions an 'android crewmember', another repeat of whats gone before.

But what's the alternative?
A tough male sexy lead? Been there, done that.
A tough un-sexy male lead? Been there, done that.
(meaning in general movie terms)
I mean, most everything has been done already, why not stick to the feminist agenda spawned by the first movie?

Back