Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official 3D ALIEN Prequel Discussion Thread

its still possible for this to be an ok movie with Scott, but if you guys are expecting this to be on the same level as the originals, your wasting your time. FOX cant do anything right with Preds or Aliens anymore, and the PG13 rating just hurts its chance even more. Any news on whos handling the creature designs for this movie? Hopefully Legacy, and not lame ass ADI or the guys from Predators.

Nothing will ever top ALIEN imho.

I'm just hoping Scott is allowed to make a good movie.

But again...I'm not going to judge it YEARS before it comes out. :cuckoo:

Not sure about the mind bending (pardon the pun) gay stuff or the cloning/biological stuff. Want something purer than that. However Scott has a right to do whatever he pleases with the material. I hope he just goes for it. His last few movies were pretty bad, but I reckon this one will give him something to prove.

This will be rubbish just like Predators. Probably some PG-13 non-gore cliched and ripped poo poo.

I'm sorry, but Sigorney Weaver set a high bar.

It wont. It just wont be classic Alien. At least Scott ensures production value and actors that can act. Unlike AVP, AVPRICKedyprickprick.
And of course Pre-date-rapers.

hmm.:gah:

To me, after reading that latest article on the delay (and checking out that picture of the supposed-leading actress), it seems almost as if they're trying to replicate Ripley there. Dunno for sure as these are all just rumors, but I'd think it wiser to go in a different direction, like RR did on Predators. You can't top Arnold Schwarzenegger, so why try? Same goes here.

I dont think they are trying. BTW, nothing that has been posted aside from Ridley directing has been confirmed.

Yeah, I know. I always thought it would be cool to see a story about a survivor, haunted by their first encounter with the creatures (kind of like in the books). I think Natalie Portman would've been a good choice there. Certainly not as a Marine Lieutenant, though. Or whoever this new chick is.

I highly doubt that Ridley will let us down, I can feel it in my bones, the prequels are going to be worth waiting for. I'm glad they aren't rushing things, because we know what happens when they do.

This movie is going to appeal to modern day movie go-ers. So, the investment in characters wont be there, alien was most be all cgi, the kills will be very quick and out of focus. Its going to suck big time. This movie is a pure joke.

LMAO!
Some of you guys are just so positive and imaginative.:rolleyes:
You doom a movie before you even see it? Hope you don't live your whole life like that.

Yeah, I don't get all the negativity either...
One of the best living directors is going back to the franchise that launched his career and these guys are rubbing their hands expecting it to be crap.
I just don't understand that way of thinking.

We should be proud to have Ridley directing this in the first place, after all if anyone could make an Alien Prequel it would HAVE TO be him since hes the one who started it all.
I am looking forward to what Mr.Scott comes up with for the Space Jockies, A L I E N is a masterpeice...

I think this could work. I didn't mind Predators overall.
I don't know why people are expecting movies like the originals.
Like they say " they just don't make them like they used to " , if you don't like the newer movies , simply don't watch them.

I think it could work too, perhaps it won't be scary, I just don't think theres any fear factor left in these creatures....unless Scott takes the Alien back to the 'evil' entity that many perceive from his first film and away from the giant insect treatment that Cameron changed it to. However personally I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that the Alien raped Lambert or anything like that, nor have I ever really had a problem with what Cameron did - indeed Aliens is probably my favourite in the series.

In any case with Scott doing it, even though his recent output hasn't been amazing since Gladiator and Black Hawk Down, its got to be better than anything anyone else would give us.

I can't see him getting involved if there wasn't a much better story to be told, a better script and better characters to be played by better actors.

I never seen Alien as something " scary " but I have to be honest , if I watch Alien alone at night it always ends up getting to me to the point I'm thinking there is a 9 foot alien behind the couch. :lol

I think this could work. I didn't mind Predators overall.
I don't know why people are expecting movies like the originals.
Like they say " they just don't make them like they used to " , if you don't like the newer movies , simply don't watch them.

Rubbish! DISTRICT 9

Well its opinion then. I know a lot of people who can't stand district 9 but loved predators. It's great though , you're right.

Back