Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ridley Scott's A L I E N Prequel 3D

I know the chestburster look, the backside of the facehugger and the tube it put down Kane's throat were sexual in look and nature and the they went for the "violating" of a man (Kane) to create an uneasy feeling with the audience - look what that thing did to a man kind of thing but I don't think Lambert was raped. I think the tip of the Alien tail was used as a stinger to immobilize its victim, not that it needed to that with Lambert but I always thought the tail was used so the alien could paralyze its victim then kill, coccoon or mutilate it. Although not seen in any of the films I know the Aliens book adaptation mentioned that Gorman was stung by the tip of an alien tail in the back when they were escapinng the processing center in the APC and it temporarily paralyzed him. Of course the movie version was different but that was always my take on it. Although I could never figure out why Lambert had clothes & her shoes off when Ripley finds her and Parker so maybe that is what happened to her.

Last edited:
Re: Official 3D ALIEN Prequel Discussion Thread

Visual FX Guru Henry South Tweets About Production Start on Ridley Scott’s ALIEN Prequels -

Started work on alien prequel today!! Absolutely stunning. Worth waiting till late 2011 for peeps!

Read the article here

https://www.collider.com/2010/11/09/alien-prequels-production-start-henry-south/

Good news, at least something has happened finally!

Soooo........ no more Natalie Portman? According to the article, Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo) is supposed to be fronting. And Scott himself said FOX is aiming for a PG-13 rating. Does this mean he's still on-board? Either way, this is bittersweet news to me.

The PG13 worries me too, it is difficult to shock and awe an adult audience if the limitation of what you can do onscreen is capped at what some idiot thinks a 13 year old wigs out at.

This will be rubbish just like Predators. Probably some PG-13 non-gore cliched and ripped poo poo.

I'm sorry, but Sigorney Weaver set a high bar.

The PG13 worries me too, it is difficult to shock and awe an adult audience if the limitation of what you can do onscreen is capped at what some idiot thinks a 13 year old wigs out at.

OMG. I was pretending it would be PG13 and I find that it will be.

Guys, this will be PANTS. Move on.

You're judging a movie that hasn't even been made yet?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Well, it's not hard.. look at what has happened in the past.

It's a recurring pattern of toned down PG13 (non-horror) of classics that lead to absolute terrible movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

If Alien was certified now it would only be a PG :dunno

If Alien was certified now it would only be a PG :dunno

I don't know. They use the f word a lot and there's that whole situation with Ripley's butt crack and nippies.

With Ridley Scott doing it it at least stands a chance.

After watchin "Robin Hood" (this summer) I... um... well... ... you know... ... ... ummm...
GOooooooD it was terribly weak movie! :gah:

I realy love old Ridley's movies but think that since "Black Hawk Down" the quality of his directing start slowly slidin to the one big zero :(

This thread is for discussion of this movie and related films, not each other.

Keep it civil and on topic or infractions will be issued and the thread closed.

You're judging a movie that hasn't even been made yet?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I think to not prejudge these movies is :cuckoo: AVP = big time let down, Predators = let down, Terminator Salvation = let down. It's par for the course as far as i'm concerned

Back