Official RAMBO Thread - Spoilers as of 1/25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I can see holding up a RAMBO figure is if they do it justice and engineer a bulkier muscle body to really capture the silhouette Stallone had in this film. And I say, to defray the costs of the body, make a ROCKY BALBOA figure too.

The main figure I want is everything from when he saves the mercenaries to the end of the battle. So button down shirt, black t-shirt, bow, arrows, quiver, machette, claymore. Not likely, but I'd love to have a stand on the tabletop version of the machine gun he uses in the end.

Speaking of the gun, they mentioned in the weapons segment of the behind the scenes that Sly originally was going to carry that around :google, the guy was like well it's a 175 lbs and Sly could do it, then they talk about how it ripped up the base of the truck the first time they mounted it, crazy, dude is committed to this role lol.

The only thing I can see holding up a RAMBO figure is if they do it justice and engineer a bulkier muscle body to really capture the silhouette Stallone had in this film. And I say, to defray the costs of the body, make a ROCKY BALBOA figure too.

The main figure I want is everything from when he saves the mercenaries to the end of the battle. So button down shirt, black t-shirt, bow, arrows, quiver, machette, claymore. Not likely, but I'd love to have a stand on the tabletop version of the machine gun he uses in the end.

Speaking of the gun, they mentioned in the weapons segment of the behind the scenes that Sly originally was going to carry that around :google, the guy was like well it's a 175 lbs and Sly could do it, then they talk about how it ripped up the base of the truck the first time they mounted it, crazy, dude is committed to this role lol.

120lbs, I JUST watched that part of the special features, the weapons segment was very interesting, I found it most funny when Sly commented about the weapon guys insistance on explaining every single detail.

I'm down for a Rambo and Balboa, hell i'd even take 2 of each, these films are too important to me to not have them in my collection.

Well combat Rambo is the main NEED figure from this movie, but certainly a figure of him in the M65 style jacket from the close would be great too, a nice counterpart to the FB M65 figure, but I don't want just that so the battle one must be first. It wouldn't be screen accurrate, but hopefully they'd not paint blood and smoke and all to weather his face, shirt go ahead but I'd like the face clean since all the other Rambos are clean, I'm sure that's what they'd do though.

Well combat Rambo is the main NEED figure from this movie, but certainly a figure of him in the M65 style jacket from the close would be great too, a nice counterpart to the FB M65 figure, but I don't want just that so the battle one must be first. It wouldn't be screen accurrate, but hopefully they'd not paint blood and smoke and all to weather his face, shirt go ahead but I'd like the face clean since all the other Rambos are clean, I'm sure that's what they'd do though.

The only thing slightly keeping my hope up is how they surprised us with the Rocky III figure. That came out of nowhere!

I think as well as the Rambo line has done outside of maybe Trautman and the Halo variant, and even the bust seems to be doing well, that there's no reason not to finish off the line, but I do think all the new product effort is really pouring into Dark Knight right now, and understandably so, but I don't have a feeling that a RAMBO figure is out of the question right now.

I hope they do a Rambo and Rocky Balboa figures... I'd buy them in a heartbeat. I want to have the beginning and the ends of each set... Eventually I want the jacket Rambo from FB and Last fight Rambo from RAMBO. As well as Rocky 1 as a figure and Rocky from RB. That would be an awesome shelf. :rock

Just saw this for the first time last night. Powerful movie! I wasn't even closely prepared for the violence of the scenes. Those villages being dismantled by those bastard army guys...man...babies thrown in fires...that so sucked. And the whole time, I was thinking, you poor fools! Rambo's gonna come in there and so kick your asses that it ain't even funny. It wasn't. He did. That gutted commander scene was so on! Man, old Rambo gave 'em some serious FU commentary didn't he!
LOVED the ending. He made it home. That makes the whole series complete. Dude's got some serious healing time to deal with though. Reckon he got all his anger out?
Anyway, good movie. My only regret is I didn't get the SE so I can't see the docs and all now. I shoulda listened and gotten it. Any brief way to share what is said about why he came back and did this particular story?
Anyway, darker than Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now in many ways. If only there was a Rambo out there, we'd be DONE in Iraq.

Cool movie. I'd get a figure! :rock

Any brief way to share what is said about why he came back and did this particular story?

Essentially, there's been talk about a RAMBO 4 for years, I got a DVD set of the first 3 in like 2002 and it was mentioned in the behind the scenes stuff there, but there were no good scripts floating around and the ownership of the films bounced a bit when Carolco, who also owned Terminator, split up. The original concept was something like Rambo in Iraq and Stallone felt between that still going on and the somewhat rediculousness of Rambo being one man solving a problem, his involvement in Iraq would do injustice to those fighting there now. He read some article about the Burmese struggle and it inspired him and he felt that it was the right situation for Rambo and the setting would be perfect and he went with it. Surprisingly, Rambo was actually the first film to get started, but because it was an independed film, there was some pressure from the studios to get Rocky done first so things got flopped around.

Glad you enjoyed it Les, there are some disturbing moments, but the overall of the film is one of the most powerful films I've ever watched. Most of the time I watch a movie like this I feel nothing for the suffering people persay because it's fiction, but knowing how it really is there and seeing that stuff, you feel for them and Stallone really made you feel for RAMBO too and it is very rewarding in the end when there's some justice and balance for both. Gotta love the use of the classic Goldsmith music and the pissed off face on Stallone when he guts the military leader, perfectly composed moment, which is why I chose it for my illustration, the look on his face embodies Ramob the warrior and the fire that burns in him and drawing that and putting myself into that sort of mindset is a great release.

Got the movie in BR and have sen it 4 times already!!!! its just so freaking Good!!!! the score flows so well with it to!! man what a great movie!!! its os AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I watched some of the featurettes yesterday and found out that if you are caught watching or selling this movie in Burma they put you in prison. It was also interesting to learn that the enemy commander is from Burma and that it is possible that some of his family were probobly punished or killed for his being a part of this movie.

A sequel that would rock would be if Rambo for some reason got stranded at Camp Crystal Lake . . . .

I watched some of the featurettes yesterday and found out that if you are caught watching or selling this movie in Burma they put you in prison. It was also interesting to learn that the enemy commander is from Burma and that it is possible that some of his family were probobly punished or killed for his being a part of this movie.

Ya, I know it was a movie to entertain because some of the kill shots were totally for thrills, but in the end the movie had the potential to bring about change and even the case saw it. The guy was willing to play a homosexual pedophile baby killing monster and be gutted on screen at the risk of losing family in reaction to his participation simply because he believed in the cause of the movie; takes some big balls to do that, man should be honored for his sacrifice.

Interestingly enough to, not only are the Burmese forbidden to have anything to do with the movie, but Stallone himself can't set foot in Burma, not that he'd want to right now, but they've banned him, I think the crew too but no one is as recognizable as Sly.

You know I have to say now watching this film for the 4th time, it really really hit me hard. Watching the scene where the military attacks the village where the mercenaries are, Stallone filming it with no sound, just the music. I saw this movie in theatres and home a few times but today it really put tears in my eyes.

IMO this is more than just a shoot em' up Rambo action flick, I really appreciate the message, and my quality of life. I pray that these people and many unfortunate around the world find some kind of peace.

Sorry to post something so old or passed on but this is something worth focusing on, I hope this world pulls together and instead of dying for nothing they all succeed to one day live a normal life.

So much unesessary blood.

Yeah , I was actually shocked by this movie.
Some of the scenes were like " Wow , holy crap ! ". But it actually holds a message underneath it all. Its crazy how you can't sell or watch the movie over there.

I am still waiting on hot toys for this figure , I need one and it would be him after all the other movies so to me represent him for all of them ! :rock

Re: Official John Rambo Movie Thread

A bit off topic, but I don't know where else to put it......I just watched Cobra, horrible film. Definitely the worst Stallone film I have seen. Excellent concept/character but terribly executed. Could've been a good movie.

But I would buy a Lt. Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti if hot toys made one :)

hey i liked cobra! not his best but believe it or not there are far worse stallone films. that movie with dolly parton? stop or my mom will shoot? oscar? cmon, cobra is awsome in comparison.

oh and i just found this: john j. potato

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back