Official RAMBO Thread - Spoilers as of 1/25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read this on IMDB:

"During its long development process, 'Rambo' went through a number of story premises. One un-produced script featured Rambo living a quiet life with wife and child, until white supremacists kidnap his family. Another script found Rambo trying to stop a hostage situation at the United Nations, where he is working as a diplomat, when terrorists (including Rambo's adopted son) take hold of the UN headquarters in New York."

So there's hope storywise
But the second idea (hostage situation) seems more a job for Bruce Willis :D

Ya, I followed the development of RAMBO for awhile and remember all those potential plots. I think it was just a challenge of what sort of situation fits the Rambo character as he had been established, but also fits for drawing a 60 year old soldier back into action and I think what they finally went with was fitting. I was weary of a Rambo 4 when the family kidnapping story seemed close to what it would be, family just doesn't seem like Rambo, reclusive is definitely more his style.

I read this on IMDB:

"During its long development process, 'Rambo' went through a number of story premises. One un-produced script featured Rambo living a quiet life with wife and child, until white supremacists kidnap his family. Another script found Rambo trying to stop a hostage situation at the United Nations, where he is working as a diplomat, when terrorists (including Rambo's adopted son) take hold of the UN headquarters in New York."

So there's hope storywise
But the second idea (hostage situation) seems more a job for Bruce Willis :D

if this script happens, I'll be pissed....lets praise the UN some more and make them look like the good guys...let me guess..the terrorists will be the American Militia? love Rambo but hate the propaganda push

Check out this amazing statue, man I hope someone offers this for sale down the road.

P1050390.jpg

Damn that is nice,who is the source?

Some pics I found a while ago,maybe already posted in this long thread.

edinho_rambo_front.jpg

edinho_rambo_face.jpg

edinho_rambo_back.jpg

edinho_rambo_side.jpg

Any Info?

Here's what the watermark on the pic, Stallone Zone had to say

Edinho is an amazing Brasilian sculptor and a Stallone fan. You can see by looking at these shots of his Rambo sculpture just how talented he is. Look HERE and you can see much more of Edinho's work. Plan to spend some time when you click over because he's THAT talented! Thanks to Edinho for sharing! - Craig

https://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/edinho_maga/

I'd love to have one...I don't even think I'd have it painted.

For those who have the soundtrack and would like to order the tracks chronlogically like the film, I have figured out the full order.

1. Atrocities - This is the music that scores the real world footage of Burma that the film opens with.

2. Rambo Theme - The main title of the movie.

3. Conscription - This is the music from the scene when the Burmese army raids a village in the night and takes the young boys for soldiers.

4. The Call to War - Misleading track name, this music starts out when Sarah is convincing Rambo to help them up river at night during the rain and carries into the start of the boat trip when Rambo tells Sarah where he's from.

5. Crossing Into Burma - This music is from the scene where the Burmese pirates come upon Rambo and the missionaries and leads into their arrival along the Burmese shoreline.

6. Rambo Returns - This music covers Rambo's journey back from dropping the missionaries off, including destroying the pirate ship, as well as the missionaries' hike to the village.

7. Attack On the Village - Pretty self explanatory with this one, all the music from when the missionaries are attacked and captured.

8. When You Are Pushed - The music that highlights Rambo's forging of the machette and realization of what he is.

9. Prison Camp - This piece scores as you see the various locales of the prison camp and Sarah's spot.

10. Searching for Missionaries - This music highlights the merecenaries initial journey into Burma and the short conflict with the Burmese army where Rambo takes out the troops with his bow.

11. Rambo Takes Charge - The music from the point where Rambo draws his bow to convince the mercenaries to stay the course.

12. The Compound - All the music as the mercenary army enters the Burmese camp and the bizarre show is going on in the camp.

13. The Rescue - A continuation of music from The Compound as Rambo rescues Sarah.

13. Hunting Mercenaries - This track highlights as Rambo lays the claymore trap for the Burmese army.

14. No Rules of Engagement - This piece starts as the missionaries and mercenaries are about to be executed by the Burmese army and Rambo comes to the rescue.

15. Battle Adaigo - Beautiful piece that scores Rambo's surveillance of the battle ground as it's all over and leads into his walk home.

16. Rambo End Title - Opens with "It's A Long Road" just as it played at the opening of First Blood as the film sees Rambo off for home, then leads to a more explosive rendition of "It's A Long Road" much like Goldsmith had done for the First Blood score.

What about the other 3 songs? The Village, Aftermath and Rambo Main Title?

What about the other 3 songs? The Village, Aftermath and Rambo Main Title?

I believe they're extras. I'm going off a workprint though, so when it hits DVD I can better tell which tracks are which. Rambo Main Title is almost identical to Rambo Theme, just minus some Burmese music that overscores the Burmese military leader just after messing with the Burmese people at the opening of the film and the somber opening to It's A Long Road like in the opening of First Blood.

I've been listening closely, and it seems like at times, little snippets of tracks are used, not full ones. I think about 20 seconds of The Village is used as Sarah is talking to Michael in the hospital just before the village raid begins.

Another area where a track definitely isn't used in it's entirety is the Rambo Theme. In the movie, it goes from the 5 seconds of Burmese music to the guitar of "It's A Long Road" where on the soundtrack, there's a short bit of "it's A Long Road" done with horns like at the end of First Blood when John's being hauled off to jail.

I'm a big nut about soundtracks playing like what you get in the movie, so once I have the DVD with clear audio, I'm really going to work on making a definitive copy of the Rambo score, snipping out and cutting together stuff with Garage Band on my MAC.

Last edited:
Lionsgate announced today a DVD box set of all four films (and separate 2-Disc Special Edition of RAMBO). Street Date: May 27th

RAMBO: THE COMPLETE COLLECTOR’S SET (LIONSGATE) 5-27 DVD $54.98
Action: A six-disc set that contains Ultimate Editions of First Blood, Rambo First Blood Part II and Rambo III as well as Rambo: Two-Disc Special Edition, which also is available individually on DVD ($34.98), BD ($39.99) and single-disc ($29.95). Also available on that day will be a BD set ($49.99, $19.99 each) of First Blood, First Blood Part II and Rambo III. Bonuses: commentaries, alternate endings, deleted scenes, featurettes, digital copy of Rambo.

Thanks Irish, sounds like I'll be buying another set of the first 3. I have the metallic package from several years ago but there's not deleted material and such.

I hope Lionsgate owning the rights to all 4 isn't a conflict with the Hot Toys license though :( I'd really like to know who owned the rights when HT bought them for their figures.

From what I understand, Lionsgate's release rights to the movies (theatrical and DVD) should not affect any existing merchanding licenses.

Glad to see Blu-rays announced as well. :rock

Best Buy lists the following for 5/27

Blu-Ray
-RAMBO $34.99
-Rambo: First Blood Part II $17.99
-Rambo III $17.99

And available now:

-First Blood $24.99

With the obvious exception of RAMBO, I think those are the previous BD releases. The way this announcement was worded, there are new ones coming out with extra material. At least, I hope that's the case.

Definitely look forward to further details.

On a personal note, now that the HD war has come to an end, I'm going to invest in Blu Ray and HD TV this spring, and my intention is to make RAMBO my first ever HD DVD experience, give it a little sentimental value to the moment. Star Wars Episode I was the first DVD I ever owned.

Already making progress, hair's at a good point where I can move on to developing the facial features with the skin tones.

R2.jpg

Back