Official RAMBO Thread - Spoilers as of 1/25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is definitely a challenge, but that's a good thing. I've also not worked on it in weeks but I'm chopping away. It's going slower because I want to capture the shadows of the skin first, then add the dirt and grime because getting the forms right is critical.

R3.jpg

This thread needs a bump, it's finally out on DVD tomorrow :rock Ya I'm probably the only one excited for DVD, still not on HD yet, so Blu-Ray will have to wait.

Yeah im gonna buy the Blu ray version,along with the Rambo 1-3 Blu ray collection,unfortunately,my PS3 was just sent in to sony,so i have to wait...:(

I only picked up the RAMBO DVD, I looked at the box set, and it's all the same bonus features on the Trilogy set I have already, so I won't waste money on that and just get the big Blu-Ray set when I upgrade to HD.

Well, I got a ^^^^ty copy so I have to exchange it, but what I did catch of the bonus materials is nice. This is one of the few movies where Deleted Scenes being basically existing scenes just with added dialogue actually felt worth seeing and made me wish they were included in the film, the really enhance Rambo's character in the movie and circumstances, not sure why he cut them. I did get to watch the score featurette, that was nice, hopefully the weapons one will pay off. I've been looking aroun eBay for a machine gun like is set on the back of the truck in the end battle for a *fingers crossed* RAMBO figure from Hot Toys. I'm hoping maybe their June newsletter will have a RAMBO figure in it to go along with the DVD release, after that, my only hope is SDCC and if he isn't there, I'll move on and maybe get surprised some day like Rocky 3.

Yeah I liked some of the deleted scenes but I can see why the cut the one with the foot injury as it interrupted the action.

Yeah I liked some of the deleted scenes but I can see why the cut the one with the foot injury as it interrupted the action.

That one yeah, that didn't do much, but the others weren't really much longer and for the most part, made Rambo's position a bit more clearer and powerful I though.

That one yeah, that didn't do much, but the others weren't really much longer and for the most part, made Rambo's position a bit more clearer and powerful I though.

Yup it gave more insight into the way John feels like when he tells here not to waste her life like he did. Dammit come on Hot Toys give me a John Rambo figure.

Yup it gave more insight into the way John feels like when he tells here not to waste her life like he did. Dammit come on Hot Toys give me a John Rambo figure.

Exactly. I understand why he cut that material because you get the gist from what is in the film based on the past 3 movies as well, but I just found that as I watched that deleted material, I felt even more for where he was at internally and I think it also allows you to get a better sense of the progression from the end of Rambo 3 to Rambo 4. Everything was roses at the end of 3 it seemed, but certainly, knowing the state of the world and Rambo existing somewhat within a real world context, surely he'd know even about the Taliban and such and realize that even helping the Afghans was futile and didn't help anything and it would drive him to seclusion out of feeling like everytime he gets involved it's for nothing or it makes matters worse. Also makes it more impacting that in the end he finally finds some peace because for once, being the warrior was for something truly good, he rescued Sarah, whom was his primary concern on the rescue.

I've been motivated to continue my work on my portrait with the DVD release, here's another in progress shot.

R4.jpg

Looks great Sean! I just finished watching this film again (Rambo)

A. Where the hell is my Hot Toys Rambo already?
B. Sly :rock

Please Yulli or Hot Toys, this figure would sell very well, damn Dark Knight, we'll have to wait another half year IF its to be made!

Back