Official PREDATOR thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a recent "lightly" repainted Celtic...as in, I just added some spots and elbow details and touched up the mask and eyes.

RPPred002.jpg

RPPred001.jpg

Hope to get more and redo more extensively. In fact, I have a project going on now...you'll see.
But anyway, the Chopper's mask is the wrong color. I have that ADI AVP book, plus I watch the movie, and Chopper has a silver mask, not that ugly dark copper. He matches the rest more. Not sure why HT did that. He and Celtic were buddies I think. Worked together a lot. Great looking Pred team, so I got them both. If I can ever find a Scar....and an Elder....

Josh, GET ONE! Just do it! Put all else aside and get the thing! Best figure in the entire HT Series to me. (Especially that Celtic...amazing looking Pred...)

awesome les, you did a good job posing the dreds. looks more natural

Thanks Nash.
I spent a LONG time on them. Just lift them all up, starting with the topmost ones, then lay them all down tighter, then lay the others over, each as tight and low as you can. Makes it look more like gravity is pulling them down, and less like they are all sprayed out.

Here is a shot of the movie Chopper with the Celtic, so you can see the HT Chopper helm is not bad off, just the wrong color.

ChopNCeltic01.jpg

Great eyes, Les! I'm blown away at how just doing the eyes improves the whole face. The Celtic is the winner for me, too. I've always just loved the mask on that guy. Even with the Ani-Com Scar and Elder beside him, Celtic is the stand out and its all because of his helmet design.

gdb said:
Great eyes, Les! I'm blown away at how just doing the eyes improves the whole face. The Celtic is the winner for me, too. I've always just loved the mask on that guy. Even with the Ani-Com Scar and Elder beside him, Celtic is the stand out and its all because of his helmet design.

I agree. At the end of Predator 2, where those others show up, I always liked that one that looked like his mask had tusks. Of course it only looked that way in the brief time it was on screen. But, with the Celtic, we get that guy back, and more evolved. So, of course I like his design too.

But then, NOTHING beats that original Predator Elder to me. TOO COOL! I want more of that deeper ethnic look to them this next time. More markings and rings and decorum and stuff. Hope they do that anyway.

I think Chopper looks pretty sweet. The skulls and mask make him look like a tribal headhunter. Gives him character.

can those skulls be put onto the celtic or scar predators?

nash said:
can those skulls be put onto the celtic or scar predators?

the skulls are pretty sweet and could fit any of the predators. the skulls are on two poles which are bound together with black elastic cord with loops for the arms to go through.

I'll know all about those skulls soon. My Chopper hits town tomorrow.

In the meantime, I repainted my own Celtic late last night. I am glad I had put my buddie's together last weekend, so I had the courage to take the one I got from Bannister apart at last, and repaint him.
Retouched his chest and arms, and reworked his mask and eyes, and of course, completely repainted his head. Much more so than my buddy's (He wasn't sitting here ready to go home with him!). So I got more detail in there.
I'll post pics when my Chopper gets here, so I can put the two heads side by side for a before and after.
Chop's gettin' a redo too. Sometime soon.

Hey peeps,

Anybody seen the new Predator Bust by Fewture? I've got a kit pre-ordered. :chew

predator_bust_1.jpg

Very cool!

Are they the same guys who released the Ancient Predator (on Alien Horse)? That thing was a magnificent piece.

Figuremaster Les said:
I'll know all about those skulls soon. My Chopper hits town tomorrow.

In the meantime, I repainted my own Celtic late last night. I am glad I had put my buddie's together last weekend, so I had the courage to take the one I got from Bannister apart at last, and repaint him.
Retouched his chest and arms, and reworked his mask and eyes, and of course, completely repainted his head. Much more so than my buddy's (He wasn't sitting here ready to go home with him!). So I got more detail in there.
I'll post pics when my Chopper gets here, so I can put the two heads side by side for a before and after.
Chop's gettin' a redo too. Sometime soon.

Gotta see pics!

Bardoon said:
Very cool!

Are they the same guys who released the Ancient Predator (on Alien Horse)? That thing was a magnificent piece.

Yes, indeed! They are also releasing a repaint version of the "Ancient" Predator this month!

That Fewture sculpt is awesome Dan. Thanks for posting that!

There are some new shots of my repainted HT Chopper Pred (and my Celtic) in my customs thread.

Here's a peek of what's there...

MYChop003.jpg

Had a lot of fun making Chopper look more tribal, in keeping with Decadent Dave's comment about how he looks like a headhunter.
Now, to get an Elder and maybe a Scar.

nice chopper repaint les---it certainly takes away the mask as the focal point when you first look at him.

They'd have to get the license for PREDATOR 1...thus far they only have the AvP license for anything Predator and I assume are in the process of acquiring or have acquired the license for AvP2.

Your best luck in '07 might be one of the Preds from AvP2, which are "sleeker" in design compared to the AvP1 Preds and are more reminescent of the Predator 1 Pred. This has been confirmed by the filmmakers.

Back