OFFICIAL: New License 1/4 LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not to knock Weta at all, but I am very anxious to see Andy, Mat, and others tackle some Middle Earth likenesses. I know I won't be disappointed. :bow :bow

The largest ES so far for 1/4 PF I believe would be Vader at like 4500 (2000 exclusive and 2500 non-exclusive versions). Most are around 1500 - 2500 and I would expect the same with LOTR. The price is going to limit a lot more collectors with these than it did with the SS/Weta 1/6 statues.

Edit- - Actually I just went back and checked. The average ES for SW 1/4 PF is 3000 - 3500 (with both exclusive and non exclusive). The SW popularity will likely be more comparible to LOTR than say Universal Monsters, so those are probably the ES we will be likely to see.

Last edited:
Yep..no interest in 1/4 scale statues and especially LOTR. Have
run out of space with all the 1/6 SS LOTR and 1/5 Attakus SW stuff.

I'm just sorta old school and started collecting SS Weta LOTR
because of the uniqueness of buying from the folks who made
the actual movie props, etc..

Happy for all those folks who couldn't get the Weta LOTR versions
as this will give you a chance to get those elusive statues.

Enjoy this new line!

These are far more interesting to me than the statues. Anyone want to buy a Boromir and an Elrond?

Darklord Dave said:
These are far more interesting to me than the statues. Anyone want to buy a Boromir and an Elrond?

They are interesting figures I totally agree. I really did like what I saw at SDCC but I don't know if I would say they are more interesting than the SSW statues. I'm excited at least to see what comes from SS on this. They make dam good stuff so I would expect nothing less.

We all know they are going to be nice pieces...but, the big part for me was that Weta did the old line.

For me, it's not the same.

I'll be very interested to see what pieces they do, but, to be honest, I really don't want to get into collecting another line.

For my part, I'll cheerfully embrace the new line - I'm already loving the SW 1/4 line. I won't ever give up my SSW statues, but I'll definitely be into collecting these new ones.

Very happy to hear that LOTR will be continuing!

(And silently despairing on behalf of my credit card.) :)

When Sideshow had their first PF figures, i always thought to myself why didnt they do that to LOTR in the first place. I felt it was cooler for the fact that there's fabric involved and it sort of makes it look more 'real' in a certain way.

I think this is the best piece of news for us LOTR wetaholics. We have our chance to have figures that WETA didnt do. It is costly without a doubt but since they have said they will release sparingly, it's good for us, not good for the poor card though, unless you are very loaded :D

So in other words this will last for a couple of years, hopefully right till Hobbit the movie becomes a reality.

Bah! I was expecting a new license. As in "we've never had the rights to make any product based on this property in any format ever before."

hopefully a balrog will eventually be made. though highly unlikely, what other materials can they use on him? he doesnt wear any clothes right?

i think as usual like the SW PF, they will have exclusive versions. since it's only available online on their site. it will be expensive after shipping for overseas customers compared to buying regular editions thru local retailers.

:(

i am excited about what figures will they come out with and how will they turn out.

I cant wait to see these so glad its just Sideshow on this, I cant wait to see what they will do. I wonder if they are going to make a Peter Jackson/director 1/4?

I wonder if they are going to make a Peter Jackson/director 1/4?

The odds aren't good for a 1/4 PJ; all for the better IMO. Gotta hand it to the guy; he did a superb job though.

Thing with Sideshow is you never know and I can actually see them doing something like that!
A Witchking in true form would be AWESOME as a 1/4!! The fabric:google WOW what a site that would be.

Back