Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The regular T-1000, my most anticipated figure was broken in the package. As soon as I took it out the arm popped out at the shoulder. I looked in side the joint and the pegs snapped I guess. I plan on getting more so for the time being I just put the regular hand and arms on the Pescadero body.

Then Punk 1984 T-800 and Police Shoot Out T-800, then I'll be set. John Connor (kid and general), Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese would be nice additions.

Dude! That's a real bummer, man. It's also half the reason I pick up two or three versions of each figure in the NECA Terminator line.

Aside from the fact that the sculpts are outstanding and worthy of a second purchase, the unfortunate flip-side is that the Quality Control Department over at NECA often lacks in consistency.

I too have had the occasional arm, or leg pop off at the slightest movement, or just by taking it out of the package, for that matter!
The Kill Bill line was a disaster in that regard.

Hopefully, the hard working manufacturing folks overseas will up the ante in the future. Until that happens, it looks like we may have to suffer through the occasional spontaneous dismemberment of these fine figures.

What a drag.

That aside; you can't go wrong with a few T1 figures on the peg, can you?

A good series one would be a T-800 just after he get's the punk rocker fatigues, a Kyle Reese and a Sarah Connor.

Personally, I'm a strong advocate of the Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese figure for the simple fact that he hasn't had any treatment as a quality action figure yet, if any at all.

MMS 01 or 02 was Kyle I think. T1 kicked off HT's movie series really.

And if we aren't getting a Sarah in T2, there is no way we'd get the whimpy T1 version. Too girly.

Jesus. Damn near forgot about the "MMS" version of Reese. I was thinking along the lines of a 7" Kyle we can get our mitts on.

Looks good :D

T1000LiquidMetal1.jpg

Link to pic:
https://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?...ic=T1000LiquidMetal1.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

I wish we'd have gotten a colorizing head and arms though instead of all of those hands just in silver. I mean its great they just didn't give us a silver figure and no accessories, but it would have been nice to get ones that added to the figure as a whole. I know the gun shouldn't be all silver, but it will keep his look consistant at least at not have it standing if they kept it black.

I'm glad to see he still has a shine too. I was afraid he might just end up a flat silver.

Last edited:

T1000LiquidMetal1.jpg

I wish we'd have gotten a colorizing head and arms though instead of all of those hands just in silver. I mean its great they just didn't give us a silver figure and no accessories, but it would have been nice to get ones that added to the figure as a whole. I know the gun shouldn't be all silver, but it will keep his look consistant at least at not have it standing if they kept it black.

I'm glad to see he still has a shine too. I was afraid he might just end up a flat silver.

Buttmuch, your photo isnt working :(

T1000LiquidMetal1.jpg

Yup, big relief, I worried that he might end up looking like just a silver figure, which would have been lame, he should pull off the desired effect nicely. If only they'd do this at 12", maybe if the SDCC release is a smash enough.

I won't be using the extra hands or gun, just keeping him standing as is right in the package there, like he's walking out of the fire, and to be true to his limits, he couldn't reform his gun, he'd have to pick up a new one, though for that matter, I don't know how he still kept a working radio, but that's permanent in the sculpt so I'll live with that.

Well, when he shows up at Dyson's house, the Cyberdyne call comes in over the radio. He doesn't use it, and that's the only time for sure you can tell it's comes from the walkie, there's chatter when he first becomes officer Austin, but that could be coming from the car too.

Find someone going to the Con who might be able to pick one up for you and mail it.

I've never followed NECA con pieces until this year, but I don't think they'll be sold anywhere but their SDCC booth, maybe someone with past SDCC NECA experience could chime in.

Well, when he shows up at Dyson's house, the Cyberdyne call comes in over the radio. He doesn't use it, and that's the only time for sure you can tell it's comes from the walkie, there's chatter when he first becomes officer Austin, but that could be coming from the car too.

In the DVD commentary James Cameron states that he specified in the script that T-1000 carried a real radio in his (liquid metal self) belt. We also know that "can't form complex machines, guns and explosives have chemicals, moving parts, it doesn't work that way...". Also picking up the Pescadero guard's gun... I loved the idea in the original script that he pretended to place it in a locker, but actually placed it inside his torso. That's beside the fact, but Cameron always specified(even if it was not noticed) that extra things(gun, clips, radio) had to be picked up, being unable to replicate them.

I might pick up a few of these from play.com and send them to some fellas abroad who want them, don't know why but they are available on a few retail sites over here, is it not the same over in the US?

They might have special arrangements for non-U.S. locations, but I'd imagine in the states, they're trying to keep it exclusive to the Con booth. Again, I'm not familiar with how NECA handles con pieces though, I don't know if they'll put excess stock up at stores somewhere sometime or what they'll do.

They might after the con with left over pieces, but I don't think they offer them to non-attendees before or during the con.

In my expierience, the NECA booth wraps around itself twice on preview night with a line. Its a little busy on Thursday morning, but after that you can just walk right up. But I didn't need anything NECA last year so its been two years, so things may have changed since then. But generally NECA's stuff isn't too hard to get as long as you show up to the booth in the first day or two. I'm hoping to knock them out preview night or Thursday at the latest just in case.

Mattel is my first real stop. Mattel is always a nightmare and I'm hoping a more limited preview night this year will help with that. I just can't praise Sideshow enough for their system of SDCC exclusives. I can just pick them up on my way out the door preview night :yess:

I really want a battle damaged t-800. I'm thinken about buying a steel mill and sticking the final battle head on it.

Back