Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ?NECA T2 2nd wave in store pics?

I was just playing around with one at work today and thinking to myself how cool it is. I really would love to have these at 18 inchs but still this one turned out great at 12. I think the BD T800 is better than the first one and fans should love the figure.
You're so lucky. That just got me to want it so much more. :lol Any idea if it'll be realeased yet?

Re: 【NECA T2 2nd wave in store pics】

ok, we got the perfect 7" arnold....now whats about a really awsome detailed 7" Rambo?

Here you go: :naughty
jv4sv7.jpg

They also made a Seagal figure in this one and only series. The series was named Hardened. They had a few interesting future figures like McQueen from Bullit, but the first series sold so poorly it stopped before it could get interesting. It's basically a little statue as it had no articulation. And yes, there are 12" versions.

They did, I bought a few during the Matrix hype. They would have been good figures in the 80s and early-mid 90s but they were already of an inferior standard by the time they came out compared to the likes of McFarlanes movie maniacs....or indeed McFarlanes Matrix figures! Maybe they were aimed at kids but I'm pretty sure it said something to the effect of 'for adult collectors' on the boxes!

Rambo was definitely a collector's piece, 3 points of articulation on the whole thing.

I know it's not Terminator related but I shouldn't have brought up N2 'cause it made me remember some of the stuff they never got to produce: Not that they were a great company, but some good fodder. I also wanted the interceptor.:banghead
2mwgkxw.jpg

I have the N2 Bullet Dodge Neo still in package and I like it. Not Neca or McFarlane but good. The way he's bent backward with the bullet trails going over him in the box rules.

I'm sure they improved by The Matrix, Rambo came out well before that. Rambo wouldn't be TOO bad actually if they hadn't made his hair have a separate piece to go on for the bandana, makes his hairdo look almost neanderthal.

even though HT has overshadowed pretty much anything else that's out there at the moment, i still think for the price NECA charges, their products are damn good (same goes for DC direct) .. for "action figures" anyway ... their 12" T2 arnie looks damn good and i can't wait to get all 4 6" versions along with the 12"

hehe, and off topic, neca's 18" alien looks MUCH better overall vs HT's "big chap", besides the crappy dome painted on texture neca did, but i'm in the process of fixing that myself - however, for 30 bux .. that's a damn good figure and the scale is awesome

Would you mind if I sent you all my figures and customs so you could take pictures of them like the ones you took of yours? :D

Seriously cool. What did you use to achieve that lighting? Is the background anything in particular or did you photoshop?

even though HT has overshadowed pretty much anything else that's out there at the moment, i still think for the price NECA charges, their products are damn good (same goes for DC direct) .. for "action figures" anyway ... their 12" T2 arnie looks damn good and i can't wait to get all 4 6" versions along with the 12"

hehe, and off topic, neca's 18" alien looks MUCH better overall vs HT's "big chap", besides the crappy dome painted on texture neca did, but i'm in the process of fixing that myself - however, for 30 bux .. that's a damn good figure and the scale is awesome

Agreed on all counts. In fact I go so far as to say that when Hot Toys does T2 I won't be relegating NECAs versions to the back. The HT figure may not necessarily have as good a likeness or as accurate a build. And considering the cheaper price was why I went and bought so many to create just about every variation and pose from the film - now I won't feel the need to multi-purchase each Hot Toys figure!

Seriously cool. What did you use to achieve that lighting? Is the background anything in particular or did you photoshop?

No Photoshop work on the files, just used it to turn my monitor into and orange light source, but they're pure photography. I also used a hand held LED light for some highlighting and the mini gun shot is a combination of 2 LED lights from different locations.

Agreed on all counts. In fact I go so far as to say that when Hot Toys does T2 I won't be relegating NECAs versions to the back. The HT figure may not necessarily have as good a likeness or as accurate a build. And considering the cheaper price was why I went and bought so many to create just about every variation and pose from the film - now I won't feel the need to multi-purchase each Hot Toys figure!

totally, i put the same thought into buying a 15$ figure as a 150$+ figure, and all the NECA figures i've bought so far weren't just a cheap substitute to be replaced by better/more expensive pieces, it's cause i really did like the sculpt/paint app/etc .. and again the price with NECA has always been great (just like with McFarlane back in the day, too bad they dropped all their licenses cause their quality is pretty awesome imo)

that said, sideshow's PFs are unbeatable, for what they cost, the scale is just amazing and when you pick up that statue you don't regret and think to yourself why you spent that kind of money on one statue

HT, i really liked the batman figures i got from them, just recently bought the original predator from HT and i wasn't blown away by it, the 12" McF predator is a little more impressive to me and less glossy

Amazing Pictures everyone, Im defiantly going to pick these up now.

Back