Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 12inch Terminator2 discussion (pics on page4)

:lol

The neca head looks just like Arnie does on that picture, I think!!

Re: NECA T2 in store pics

Kyle, might we see some T-1000 goodness at SDCC?

Yes, please tell.

The T-1000 is one of my favorite villians of all time. Right up there with the Joker, the original Terminator and Darth Vader. While the Mcfarlane version is good (and can basically be two figures), I'd LOVE it if NECA had two waves just like they've done with the T-800 from T2.

Wave 1

- Galleria T-1000 (A "regular" officer T-1000 that would be the equivalence of the Pescadero Escape Terminator)

- Motorcycle Cop T-1000 (With the helmet, silver sunglasses, and vest. The equivalence of the Man Or Machine Terminator)

- Silver Liquid Metal T-1000 (An all chrome version before/after he shapeshifts. The equivalence of the Endoskeleton.)

Wave 2

- Battle Damaged T-1000 (Bullet and glitching effects. The equivalence of the Cyberdyne T-800.)

- Steel Mill T-1000 (similar to Mcfarlanes figure except all new. The equivalence of the BD T-800.

Throw in a bunch of accessories ("knives and stabbing weapons", pistols, blade hands), alternate heads ("Sauce head", "Doughnut head", Screaming), and 12" figures and I'd be a happy camper. I need an enemy for all my T-800s to fight.

NECA hinted about him so hopefully he is in the works.

CAP146.JPG

CAP516.JPG

CAP030.JPG

CAP507.JPG

CAP140.JPG

Last edited:

Forgot to mention that I bought all three figures last week at TRU.

The Pescadero figure is my favorite Terminator figure in my collection thus far. I like it even more than my HT MMS02 BD Terminator. I got the best one they had (which was no great feat) and can't put it down. Great figure.

The Man or Machine is great too. I can't wait to own the other two figures.

The Endo is the dud of this wave unfortunately (or fortunately I'd rather have a bad endo than a crappy regular CSM 101 "Uncle Bob". The first one I had was FANTASTIC. Great paint, tight joints. But then I turned it's head and it snapped where the spine is attached. I BARELY turned it.

I take it back, get a refund and buy two more. While they don't have the head problem my previous one had, one of the pistons in the back popped out, both jaws don't close all the way (though I managed to close one of them) and overall I'm just not impressed with the paint apps. They're nothing like my first one and their plasma rifles are warped. One positive aspect about it is how detailed and intricate it is.

Overall I'm impressed. Though I had to really SEARCH for the best paint apps on all three of them.

Last edited:

I think they left out the bullet hits in the T-shirt so as not to get too scene specific. Even with the bullet hits in the jacket the figure can get away with being "fresh off the biker dude" whereas bullet hit T-shirt would have meant the figure couldn't represent any scene other than post-T-1000 encounter. Plus, having watched the film again the other night I don't think the bullet hits were that noticeable except as they were in that one particular shot posted above.

I am amazed by the subtle details on this little Pescadero Escape Arnie's head.
I would go so far as to say as it's the most life like of any arnie toy/doll I've seen. Even at 12 inch scale.

I was very suprised at the number of variations I saw on both Arnold figures, I saw probably five different shades of skin tone, and hair color.

Oh I like those posts DiFabio. Much akin to my hopes and wishes for this line that I posted before - only better laid out and with referance pics.

I too would love at least 4 figures equivalent to the T-800 figure series and with chrome variants for the Galleria and biker cop T-1000s instead of the endoskeletons. Theres a good argument to suggest that the T-1000 just wouldn't be as popular though and would likely therefore not get quite so many figures. I'd also love NECA to do Sarah and John Connor so I don't know if or how that would effect how many T-1000s we'd get if they went the route of also making those 2 less frequently done characters.

My T-1000 list, if its to be 4 main figures:

Series 1:

-Galleria T-1000 (as you described, undamaged version with generic enough pose and decent arm&head articulation like T-800)

-Pescadero T-1000 (shotgun-hit battledamage, split head and alternate hook arms - the head would be interchangeable with Galleria)

-Chrome variant Galleria T-1000

Series 2:

-Biker cop T-1000 (as you described)

-Steel mill T-1000 (I'd like the Split-down-side version when T-800 almost cuts him in half with a metal pole as it hasn't been done yet by anyone, pole accessory to be included)

-Chrome variant biker cip T-1000

-End List-

These figures ideally would have a bit more interchangeability than the T-800. I would like if, as with the McFarlane figure, entire torsos aswell as heads could be swapped between figures. This would allow for multiple versions of the character to be possible, albeit by purchasing multiples of the figures with the desired combinations. So you could create a Pescadero T-1000 who has only the bullet hits to his body - but an undamaged head - by taking the head from the Galleria T-1000 and putting it on the Pescadero T-1000. Or you could create a Steel mill T-1000 with no battledamage whatsoever by taking the torso off the Galleria figure and putting it with the Steel Mill figure's legs - since he retained his boots from the biker outfit for these scenes and not the police shoes earlier in the film.

I chose these versions as they haven't been done before - for this scale at least. McFarlane did the donut head and the grenade exploded T-1000 so I don't think they need to be repeated. But we've never seen a straight up Robert Patrick likeness, an undamaged T-1000. Likewise we've not seen the split head version, the Biker cop, or any figure representing when he almost gets cut vertically in half by the T-800.

Agreed, I think its a very good likeness of "firing a gun" Arnie. Are you Yig Sogoth from the Spawn boards by any chance?

Last edited:

did Neca ever consider doing a figure for the move poster with Arnold sitting on the Fat Boy Harley? that would have been awesome!

So besides Pescadero, what other 12 inchers will come from neca for T2?

Just the battle damaged end version, I think mate!

Mkay, and what about the release date? For uk, i see pescadero is released on 10 july.

Agreed, I think its a very good likeness of "firing a gun" Arnie. Are you Yig Sogoth from the Spawn boards by any chance?

He is! I reconize that Avi anywhere! Hi Yiggy! :lol

did Neca ever consider doing a figure for the move poster with Arnold sitting on the Fat Boy Harley? that would have been awesome!

That would be something I would love to get...I assume the cost to make puts it out of consideration. I love NECA, but they reuse parts too DEATH. Gears of War line is a perfect example of this. 300 versions of the basic Locust with the same (limited articulation) arms being used - just new or altered heads and holes in the back.

That would be something I would love to get...I assume the cost to make puts it out of consideration. I love NECA, but they reuse parts too DEATH. Gears of War line is a perfect example of this. 300 versions of the basic Locust with the same (limited articulation) arms being used - just new or altered heads and holes in the back.

Maybe we'll luck out and McFarlane will do a 3D movie poster from T2, or T1, both would be awesome.

Back