Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that Pescadero figure he was selling, I commented on it asking how he did the legs and feet as I was thinking of attempting my own custom rather than pay out as I've spent a **** ton of money of Terminator related stuff, I'm now officially in the Hot Toys Terminator club.
How much did you pay for the figure if you don't mind me asking? I was quoted around ?150 plus a Sarah Connor figure & a Ripley figure to use for parts but that was well over a year ago so memory might be a bit inaccurate.

Definitely would be interested in an improved paint job/articulated Kyle Reese, maybe with the dark navy coat and alternate head from the factory scene BUT I would settle for just better articulation. I've got two Kyles already but I'd definitely but another 2 if re-released.

I'd pay what I did for SDCC John for a T1 Sarah. I think it would be more cost effective to do an official Pescadero Sarah as they already have the ponytail head and only have change the legs/ feet/ paint job, maybe add the slice to the shoulder from the T1000 in the lift scene. I can't think of too many accessories except a nightstick and the pistol. The needle she stuck Silberman with would be too fragile at 1:10 scale for an accessory IMO.

I've literally only ever bought Terminator, Aliens and a couple Predator NECA figures, oh I also have a loose Schwarzenegger Commando I bought of Ebay. Other than that I have no interest in TMNT or any other franchise.

What Hot Toys have you got?

PM sent on the Pescadero Sarah question.

If NECA did one officially I would ideally like to see it with switch-out parts that allow the denim jacket she picks up in their garage stop. Although I doubt they'd do that. Accessories wise maybe I'd add the broken sweeping brush (or mop?) - if memory serves that's what she beats facelicker with. She'd need new hands to hold this and the riotstick probably...though NECA aren't too good with providing extra hands in the Terminator line.

It?s actually possible to go into Target and get Ultimate T-800, Ultimate T-1000, Sarah Connor/John Connor two pack, the standard Endoskeleton and Ultimate Motorcycle Cop T-1000. I saw them all together today on the shelves, at retail, pretty crazy. A new comer to the line that missed out could easily ?complete? a collection in one go for about $160. Not bad.

Likewise, if you go to Walmart, they have Ultimate Trch Noir and Ultimate Police Station Shootout out together right now.

Only one missing is Kyle Reese. They really should remake him with new legs along with an all new 1984 Sarah Connor. Makes sense to do at this point.

Like as though they're new movies that have just come out - reminding of the olden days when there'd already be a whole line of figures on store shelves.

Like as though they're new movies that have just come out - reminding of the olden days when there'd already be a whole line of figures on store shelves.

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

Almost like what I thought they were going to do 3 years ago for the Terminator 2: 3D release. Thought there was going to be a line of single figures, instead all they did was the Pescadero T-800 with articulated legs and rosebox.

That was a disappointing show for the 25th anniversary. I was convinced John was going to be out for that. Instead one largely rehashed figure and a rosebox with no roses and one 1/4 scaler using the same old sculpt enlarged. Although I do still really like my Galleria conversion of the latter and getting the rosebox at least for the smaller scale was nice.

Obviously we've since got John so not sure what to expect for the 30th anniversary next year if anything. Plenty they could do to make me buy the same characters over again but will they be interested....

WTF, next year is the 30th Anniversary already.

Man, I remember when it was the 20th Anniversary . . .

If they do rehashes from here on out, I want,

- Kenner John Connor (another shot at the dirt bike so I can have a loose one)
- Kenner T-1000 (paint it up to make him look like he’s phasing from metallic liquid metal to normal colors)

- Steel Mill T-800 (swappable damage arm and articulated legs)
- Steel Mill T-1000 (same as above, give him a rod with a gripping hand to beat the **** out of T-800)
- Ultimate Kyle Reese (new legs, swappable barearms/torso, pistol, pipe bombs)

And I’m good. While I’d like all new figures like adult General John Connor, T1 Sarah, and Future Reese, I get the reluctance I guess.

WTF, next year is the 30th Anniversary already.

Man, I remember when it was the 20th Anniversary . . .

If they do rehashes from here on out, I want,

- Kenner John Connor (another shot at the dirt bike so I can have a loose one)

I owe you a favour for the 7'' Keaton Batman you sent me so you'll be covered for that in any eventuality.

- Kenner T-1000 (paint it up to make him look like he’s phasing from metallic liquid metal to normal colors)

Do you mean the Kenner T-1000 that was vertically split down the middle with one side human and the other side liquid metal or do you more have in mind a realistic, movie-based take on that concept?

- Steel Mill T-800 (swappable damage arm and articulated legs)

I still wonder how they'd do the endo-knee - I figure that's why we haven't seen it yet.

- Steel Mill T-1000 (same as above, give him a rod with a gripping hand to beat the **** out of T-800)
- Ultimate Kyle Reese (new legs, swappable barearms/torso, pistol, pipe bombs)

And I’m good. While I’d like all new figures like adult General John Connor, T1 Sarah, and Future Reese, I get the reluctance I guess.

T1 Sarah is one they should make ''for the fans'' - like the belated release of the Prometheus 'Lost wave' - i.e even when they suspect sales won't be strong they do it anyway because they're fans too and they know she alone will provide an adequate sense of completion of the line for many people. And yeah at the same time they should revisit Kyle Reese with full articulation and hopefully with swappable parts to cover at least one other look. The T-800 himself is always a no brainer so hopefully they already have in mind to update those with the double elbows at least.

What Hot Toys have you got?

PM sent on the Pescadero Sarah question.

If NECA did one officially I would ideally like to see it with switch-out parts that allow the denim jacket she picks up in their garage stop. Although I doubt they'd do that. Accessories wise maybe I'd add the broken sweeping brush (or mop?) - if memory serves that's what she beats facelicker with. She'd need new hands to hold this and the riotstick probably...though NECA aren't too good with providing extra hands in the Terminator line.

I splurged out big time on those Hot Toys Terminators when I was supposed to be reigning in the funds but I couldn't pass on the deal! I have the Tech Noir figure boxed with all the accessories and the police assault Terminator with all the accessories. Only problem with that figure is the pleather jacket peeling, been looking online like a mad man to see if I can buy a replacement jacket that its undamaged but can't find one. Here's a pic of it before I put it in my detolf cabinet. Haven't uploaded the pics to my laptop yet but I'll post them when I do:

Terminator Police Assault.jpg

Here's the Tech Noir one

Tech Noir T800.jpg

Also I have an unboxed Tech Noir T800 but it just came with the Uzi, Shotgun and damaged eye head. But I've got a fresh head and a .45 Longslide pistol plus new neck joints coming which I ordered from china so once I've restored the figure I will sell it on ebay. I'll post a pic when all the bits come.

Finally here's a pic of a diorama/scene I'm working on to go in one of my Detolf shelve's, just need to paint the desks I got 3D printed and re-paint the t1000 genysis figure to resemble a cop from the scene:

Polic dio pic.jpg

plain dio.jpg

Oh I totally agree those would be great accessories to go with a Pescadero figure especially the jacket I forgot about that!

I found the PS T-800 at Wal-Mart yesterday. So relieved and thankful they decided to re-release him. Give me a Kyle re-release in any form (ultimate or in a 2 pack) and I'm good to go. Well, I wouldn't mind a future war Kyle either.

Got this figure repainted to resemble the movie more as I love how the T-800 looks in this scene with his damaged skin dying and almost zombified look.

pcustom.jpg

You may recognize the work by one of the member of this very forum! :wave

Attachments

• Pabs Customs.jpg
    Pabs Customs.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 149
Got my other Detolf up and put these guys in my top shelf. Sweat effects on the faces of the two NECA figures.

20201103_010929.jpg

Here is my NECA The Terminator shelf , no flooring or background yet to match my other shelves.

20201103_010902.jpg

Not been to the forums since january so thought I'd come upload some fresh pics

View attachment 498473

View attachment 498474

Also just dipped my toes into the Hot Toys pool.

Bet everybody was glad that Sarah + John two pack was released, I had that pre ordered as soon as it became available with Kapow Toys in the UK. Glad John had his camo on his shirt this time unlike the SDCC John!

As usual I see we are all waiting for a T1 Sarah and Future War Kyle. I'd be happy if NECA would do a T1 Sarah wearing that Pink/white top and blue jeans exactly like the Sarah Dikke Toys Customs made & Re-release Kyle Double pack.

Where did you get the Pescadero background and floor?

Got this figure repainted to resemble the movie more as I love how the T-800 looks in this scene with his damaged skin dying and almost zombified look.

View attachment 499289

You may recognize the work by one of the member of this very forum! :wave
Hola bro. Glad your happy with how he turned out... "it doesn't feel pity... Or remorse..." [emoji102][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hola bro. Glad your happy with how he turned out... "it doesn't feel pity... Or remorse..." [emoji102][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Proper stands out from all the other figures , love the detail.

'or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead'

Back