Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m just thankful for NECA continued support of their highly successful Turtles line for making this Sarah/John rerelease with newly painted plastic possible for my single Terminator shelf.

Last edited:
4crghc.jpg

I'd like to thank Iron Man for completely taking over Hot Toys which makes people turn to NECA to fulfill their non-Iron Man toy needs thereby enabling NECA to continue making what it makes. We owe it all to Iron Man ultimately.

*Unfortunately, me while NECA is focused on their highly popular sought after TMNT line....*
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't even tell you if there's any current TMNT entertainment being made in any format. I guess there must be.

I liked the cartoon, the 1990 movie, Secret of the Ooze to a lesser extent, and any videogame I could get my hands on at the time so I do notice and recognize a lot of the stuff NECA are making. I'm collecting the movie line as a tribute to what Turtles meant to me when I was a child and because NECA are doing a stellar job in recreating those designs to a standard of realism that I craved but could never get back then. However I have no interest in continuing to follow TMNT as a franchise, as far as new 'content' (Jye knows I also hate that word). The 1990 movie holds up surprisingly well and that's it for me. They'd have to make a direct sequel to that with the now Middle-aged Mutant Ninja Turtles to get me back in :lol ......wait...has that been done?

Target is restocking the Neca Terminator Endoskeleton for $19.99. I picked up 4 total today between 2 stores. Couldn't pass that price up. Endo Army

As frustrating as it may be to see NECA pumping so much into TMNT and not Terminator, part of their ability to do that is better sales because they more or less have a monopoly on quality TMNT movie and cartoon products, where numerous companies have tackled the Terminator franchise over the years and continue to tackle it.

People who can afford to collect mass amounts of Hot Toys figures are spending money on NECA for TMNT because that's the only choice out there, but probably pass on NECA for Terminator because they can afford nicer stuff.

I know absolutely zero about Ninja Turtles have never watched a cartoon or movie with those characters.

Sorry NECA lol

Oh snap, I need some too! Lol

So, correct me if I?m wrong, so far NECA has rereleased all their terminator ultimate figures right? All except for Police Assault T800?

(I?m considering the Connor 2pack as rereleased though not out yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought three of the Connor 2-packs at Target. It was actually really cool to see the T-800, T-1000, John and Sarah all on the shelves at the same time. Only took NECA 11 years . . .

I bought the ultimate Motorbike version when I was at Comic Con, but I never opened it and never got a second because I felt it was too expensive and I was afraid of breaking it. So, I've never experienced this figure loose before. He's a great little figure and none of them had quality control issues. I love all the little details, from the rip in the jeans, to his shoes, to the sculpted key pad on his Atari portfolio. John looks great paired up with the T-800 and Sarah Connor. All three really compliment each other and feel like they are part of a set. The camo on the jacket is really well done, as are the paint apps on the figure in general.

The box is awesome too. I love that cover art and the silver foil Terminator 2 title logo. It really pops. Then when you open it up, it has that awesome Cyberdyne background. Despite already owning Sarah Connor, this is easily one of the best Terminator figure releases. I actually feel like I got $50 worth of value here between the sculpts and accessories. Just a really nice set.

I'm selling my Sarah Connors. I was comparing this release with the original Ultimate one from 2015 (has it been that long??) and I much prefer the original. The original looks more like her imo and I like the hand painted look the original has, it looks like it's hand painted like those 2-ups we see at the shows. This rerelease has the plastic flesh tone skin and just looks duller than the original.

But yeah, great set. It shouldn't have taken this long to get John and it shouldn't have been such a pain to get it to retail. I think back to all those tweets and all the games and it just seems so unnecessary. This figure was a complete no-brainer and should have been in development a looonnnng time ago.

Overall, this line can end for all I care. I'd love to get more but I'm satisfied with what I have. It's nice to finally have the three main characters up against the T-1000 as opposed to just endless variations of Arnold. I do think NECA is missing an opportunity to get more out there. This 2-pack format is awesome. How about a Police Shootout T-800 vs Kyle Reese with updated legs? How about a Steel Mill showdown with Steel Mill T-800 vs Steel Mill T-1000? Hell, do a three pack. Imagine a "Come with me if you want to live" set that had Tech Noir T-800, updated Kyle Reese and an all new Sarah Connor and another "Come with me if you want to live" set with Pescadero T-800 (with new hands), John Connor and a retooled Pescadero inmate Sarah Connor.

That **** would sell and require MINIMAL effort . . .

Edit:

Side note. I got a 1:10 Fatboy last month for the T-800 so I would really like to somehow get a loose dirt for John. If NECA continues with the Kenner tributes, I don't see what would be so hard about just putting out a Kenner colored John and the bike on a blister card.

t2 john.jpg

Keep it simple. No accessories, no extra head (keeps the SDCC release exclusive), easy money . . .

I've been to several Targets in the last 4-5 days, but haven't seen the Sarah/John pack. I'll definitely buy one when I come across it.

I wish neca would have included the camo paint on the original John Connor. I think those bastards did it on purpose to make the two pack release more appealing since he lacks the bike. Neca is trash.

While neca will churn out every paint app under the sun, I don't think the og John was intentional. If it were, we'd have seen it much sooner IMO. I genuinely think the SDCC one was a matter of getting the figure out on time, and the camo print just took too long to manufacture within that window.

Overall, this line can end for all I care. I'd love to get more but I'm satisfied with what I have. It's nice to finally have the three main characters up against the T-1000 as opposed to just endless variations of Arnold. I do think NECA is missing an opportunity to get more out there. This 2-pack format is awesome. How about a Police Shootout T-800 vs Kyle Reese with updated legs? How about a Steel Mill showdown with Steel Mill T-800 vs Steel Mill T-1000? Hell, do a three pack. Imagine a "Come with me if you want to live" set that had Tech Noir T-800, updated Kyle Reese and an all new Sarah Connor and another "Come with me if you want to live" set with Pescadero T-800 (with new hands), John Connor and a retooled Pescadero inmate Sarah Connor.

That **** would sell and require MINIMAL effort . . .

Edit:

Side note. I got a 1:10 Fatboy last month for the T-800 so I would really like to somehow get a loose dirt for John. If NECA continues with the Kenner tributes, I don't see what would be so hard about just putting out a Kenner colored John and the bike on a blister card.

Keep it simple. No accessories, no extra head (keeps the SDCC release exclusive), easy money . . .

What Fatboy did you end up getting? Maisto? ERTL?

Beyond this John/Sarah 2 pack I have no idea what their plans are for Terminator. I know what I want but I don't know what to expect.

The line could get away with being 'over' as it stands on account of the fact that NECA would still have led the pack on character and variant offerings over any other company and they do deserve credit for that. It's just that we know there is still some potential and no one likes when something stops just short of completion. Most significantly T1 doesn't have a Sarah Connor and there are more variants besides - across T1 and T2 - that could be done. If they really wanted to cement legendhood status they could even go into characters like Miles Dyson, Traxler and Vulkovich as mentioned in the past few pages - but those are definitely not requirements. I'd love them but if I'm honest I couldn't hold it against NECA for not making those when most companies won't even give you a full range of T-800s.

So on the tiers of importance for things not yet made T1 Sarah Connor is easily now tops. If they make her we would then at least have main character completion for T1 and T2 - forgetting about variants for the moment. And odds are she'd be a terrific figure going by the T2 and Dark Fate efforts.

Last edited:
EjXNoYMWAAI_tcs.jpg

I hadn't seen an in-package shot yet. Nice to see the camo-pattern shirt. But yeah, frustrating that it wasn't there in the first place.

Back