Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

we need sarah connor to go with all our neca terminator figures.

A Sarah and John 2 pack might be the way to go, at least for John. Clearly Sarah has potential on her own, but John has always been that 4th guy that never makes it as a figure (except the old Kenner one, but even then he needed a motorcycle to sell).

A Sarah and John 2 pack might be the way to go, at least for John. Clearly Sarah has potential on her own, but John has always been that 4th guy that never makes it as a figure (except the old Kenner one, but even then he needed a motorcycle to sell).

just as long as neca makes her, i want the cap/ sunglasses verison the
most.

Really? The version McFarlane, sideshow and now Hot Toys have made? Why not the hair down version? Thats how she appeared for most of her screentime in that outfit.

I'm feeling lucky enough to get T-1000s, I was starting to think T-800 would be it, if we got Sarah and John, they'd just be nice surprises.

Really? The version McFarlane, sideshow and now Hot Toys have made? Why not the hair down version? Thats how she appeared for most of her screentime in that outfit.

I got to agree, we don't need ANOTHER version of that! Hair down all the way! Get the McFarlane Sarah if you want the ponytail and glasses!

If we got a Sarah, my guess is a situation similar to the Wolf Predator from NECA.

Two Sarah figures identical from the neck down, one with ponytail and hat, maybe glasses head, one with hair down head. Ponytail would have sniper rifle and hand gun, hair down would have shotgun and hand gun. Based on NECA's patterns, that's how I think it'd happen, that or a John/Sarah two pack are the only ways I see us getting Sarah.

I would agree with you. That does seem like a very NECA thing to do. I mean I guess it works out best for everyone. If you want both, you buy them both, or if you just want one version you just get that one. At their price point its not too bad if they don't overkill it like the AVPR Wolf Pred. How many versions did they end up releasing? At least 4 with the SDCC half stealth version I think, maybe more!

NECA's very strange, they do some things where it's a one time shot and that's it, like their Hannibal Lecter figures, there are no shared parts between them but the head, if that, or Rob Zombie Michael Myers, and even in AVPR we got the Alien and Predalien as unique items but then a number of Wolfs that seemed only made to make more money off the same molds. Then you get to T2 and the T-800s sharing so many parts. You can't really guess their thought process by what does get made as one shot deals and what is made as multiple figures. RZ Myers came with 2 heads, they could have done 2 figures, maybe they figured the paper mache mask version wouldn't sell other than as a spare head with the Shatner mask. I've just come not to expect anything out of NECA and just take things as they're offered, they're too unpredictable.

If they make 1 sarah then I hope its the steel mill version - hair down, sweaty appearance, accurate injuries, that particular shotgun and a wide legged stance. McFarlane gave us a straight-up standing pose so if NECA do it I hope they know to be different, and go with a leg pose appropriate to firing the shotgun. Such a figure would give extra relevance to McFarlane's T-1000 with the donut head battle damage - important if NECA don't redo that version of him themselves.

Darnit though I'd also really love a Pescadero version of her...but since I can't think of any precedent for a company choosing that look it seems extra unlikely.

It's about marketability, which Pescadero lacks compared to the combat gear. I really wish NECA had made Lecter in his classic blue jumpsuit, but, there's less marketability to a guy standing around in a bue jumpsuit compared to bound in a straight jacket with a cannibal mask on or arm in the air ready to strike with a club with blood all over the mouth.

They could have done a sort of box set of Lecter in the blue jumpsuit with his cell. Maybe have even got Clarice in there too. I too really wanted the blue jumpsuit look too. If I could ever find a good Hopkins sculpt I'd totally go for a custom in the blue jumpsuit. For a guy with only 16 mintues of screen time, he changed outfits quite a bit. At least 5 I can think of!

1) Blue jumpsuit
2) Mask, orange jumpsuit, straight jacket
3) white prison uniform
4) Dead cop disguise
5) Vacation outfit

But back to NECA...

They really are unpredictable. Sometimes you feel you get a steal for the price (the Myers vs Loomis for $25-30) and other times you feel ripped off, like the Wolf Predator variants. Good call on pointing out the RZ Myers. They could have made the orange mask a variant or exclusive, but they didn't. Maybe they thought he was going to wear that mask more than he did and by the time they had found out how short it was, it was already sculpted and underway?

Without having the T-800s until Monday, I would say the reuse on them is acceptable. Its not like every single one of them is in the exact same post like the Wolf. Sure the legs may be the same, but with different heads and weapons and such, it is less obvious at first glance. I'm guessing the T-1000s will have the same legs, but because the upper bodies are doing different things, its OK there too. I'm sure when/if they do the motorcycle boots they'll be able to do the still meel look as well as the biker cop with them. Hopefully with a frozen biker cop as the 'metallic' version in that wave? If they could thrown in a chipped off legs and arm on that one though, that would be awesome.

Tankman said in the Predator thread that as regards Terminator his thoughts are on T1 now - while that bodes well for T1 figures, something we all want after complete neglect of the original film, it could mean there won't be any more T2 waves after this one. I hope I am wrong to suggest that. I'd really like to have my cake and eat it with these Terminator figures. Finish T2 and get T1.

Well, maybe they've wrapped up a second T-1000 wave and just haven't/can't show it yet.

T1 figures would be nice after all of these years though I would rather continue with T2.

I don't know NECA's structure or how many sculptors they have, but just because Tankman isn't behind it doesn't mean NECA won't be, there are things Tankman's spoken about wanting to see done that NECA has yet to, like the other incarnations of the Alien and the Alien Queen. It's great that he's here to share insights, but other than projects he is actually sculpting to become figures, anything he wants to do may or may not happen, and things he might not be interested in at all could come to be by another sculptor.

I say, at this point, just ride this line out, wherever it goes or doesn't, plenty to enjoy, it's still moving forward.

Its not that I don't want T1 just as much (moreso even on principle of how ignored it has been all these years). Its just I have a feeling if they move on to that after this third series of T2 figures they won't go back and finish T2 and it will seem like a missed opportunity because who else would take up the mantle for figures of this scale? And if someone did would they be as good? Would they just make the same ones and not the 'missing' ones? etc etc. I'd rather not be left with those questions.

Again I feel like a spoilt brat saying that I want more figures 4 months before the newest batch is even released.

Unfortunately, outside of Star Wars, I can't think of a single property to have figures made based on it that the manufacturer doesn't stop the line before making characters that a number of fans would feel are necessary to feel like they have a complete collection. It sucks but it's how it goes.

I am actually surprised NECA is doing T-1000 even, I figure T-800, between recycling parts and the Arnie factor, that was a given if NECA were to ever do T2, but I figured T-1000 would even be a long shot because, especially as we see with the one figure, it's just a skinny cop figure really, I don't think there are die hard Robert Patrick fans like Arnie, so now your market is really focused on being a real T2 fan, where Arnie figures probably sell to the casual and die hards alike. I figured NECA wouldn't take a chance on a character that requires the customers to really be invested in the movie.

Yeah. Its why we've got 2 more T-800s coming and only 2 T-1000s instead of 4 T-1000s. They figure Arnie is the draw and poor robert patrick couldn't stand by himself.

But hey I think with T1, if they go there, theres a better chance of us coming to the end of that line and feeling satisfied that its complete. Straight away we can almost say with complete certainty that they won't make 80s Sarah. So we can forget any notion of that and not be disappointed when it doesn't happen. If they acquire any actor license we know they'll definitely get Arnie and both Tech noir and police station shootout seem like a foregone conclusion. They may have alternate heads with sunglasses, singed hair, no eyebrows etc etc. They might make 4 Arnies like they've done for T2 -the fully BD version, the eye surgery vest version. Kyle Reese is the T-800s nemesis and if they go to the trouble of getting his likeness all we really need there is one version in the trenchcoat with his shotgun, pistol, bombs etc.

With fewer candidates to make I see a greater likelihood that NECAs attention span won't drift away before they've all been done.

Last edited:

I'm expecting T1 figures to consist just of T-800, I'd bey happily surprised if they made a Reese. With Reese you could do 2 figures using identical molds, some fans may not like it, but, make one the green coat and the other the blue one from post-police station and you get two figures for one sculpt.

Back