Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow vs NECA vs McFarlane

IMGA0079.jpg

IMGA0078.jpg
IMGA0073.jpg

IMGA0074.jpg

Re: 【NECA T2 2nd wave in store pics】

Nice to see comparison shots with the 12" T3 figure. Not a bad figure, although the hair looks off - like the SS it looks more slicked back than spiked. Tankman seems to have mastered the spiked up look now though.

I wish someone would make and retail environments for these figures sort of like member Batman79 is doing with his TDK Interrogation Room that hes now selling through BBTS. I'd be all over anything and everything from the steel mill in T2 that I could use with NECA and McFarlane's figures.

the helicopter dio that came with the T3 deluxe set is actually pretty sweet to use for the T2 figures.

Got mine today. I sprung for the full case at EE. I've got no time to go hunting. I'm glad they finally made T2 figures with Arnies likeness. Now we just need some T1 Arnies!!
neca01.jpg

neca1.jpg

Impressive..most impressive. I want something like that quantity in the end, maybe more, for various poses, accessory combos and customs.

When I get my order from staractionfigures I'll have 4 Pescaderos, 3 man or machines, 4 cyberdyne showdowns and 3 Final battles. Thinking of adding more to that. I want to create the T-800 from the SWAT scene with the pistol where if I'm not mistaken he should have battledamage on his face and chest only - this would require another Cyberdyne showdown (legs & arms) and another Final battle (torso and head) to create. I'd also like to do one from the first fight with the T-1000 at the steel mill before his arm gets messed up. This should need another Final battle figure and just the arm from a Cyberdyne showdown.

A smaller custom I'd thought of was putting the ungloved hands from a Pescadero Escape figure onto the Cyberdyne Showdown minus all the weapons and bandolier to create the T-800 in the desert scenes. Although this one would seem less worthwhile as he doesn't do much in these scenes.

One last minor accessory addition I thought of last night to a Cyberdyne Showdown figure is an axe for when hes smashing stuff up - I think its a special edition scene. Haven't seen the theatrical cut in years as it wasn't released in R2 dvd.

Cyberdine Showdown is a great figure

chances we'll see a NECA T-1000?

1/6 T-1000 & Cyberdine Showdown would be nice.

I wish we could get some kind of info from NECA about the T-1000 and how well these figures are selling. Their site doesn't have any new news and Tankman hasn't been in these threads for awhile. He probably wouldn't be allowed say anything anyway.

These figures just demand that the T-1000 be made, most importantly a non-battledamaged police officer version with the same articulation as the 800. As with the 800 I'd buy quite a few of these. I'd also really love to have John Connor, sarah connor (steel mill scenes) and a generic resistance soldier from the opening flashforward perhaps. Heck I'd even buy Dyson, SWAT guys, Dr. Silberman, a Pescadero Sarah Connor - all much less likely of course.

Last edited:
Re: 12" NECA T2 - 12" McFarlane T3

IMGA0067.jpg

Wow it looks fantastic, is this the real schwarzenegger ?:lol

I tossed the NECA Final Battle's extra head and upgrade my old McFarlane figure. Made a HUGE difference! Looks like he rolled right off the tanker :D (aside from having too many grenades left...)

Last edited:

I tossed the NECA Final Battle's extra head and upgrade my old McFarlane figure. Made a HUGE difference! Looks like he rolled right off the tanker :D (aside from having too many grenades left...)

i did the same thing and you are right the new head makes a huge improvement

I have a feeling Tankman sculpted these figures with that very much in mind. 8 years on (if I'm right) that McF figure finally lives up to its billing. Another reason these NECA figures are my favourite of this year and thats even amongst all my Hot Toys purchases.

I have a feeling Tankman sculpted these figures with that very much in mind. 8 years on (if I'm right) that McF figure finally lives up to its billing. Another reason these NECA figures are my favourite of this year and thats even amongst all my Hot Toys purchases.

I wondered about that as well. Seemed like an awfully nice cooincidence that the NECA head just wedges right in there with no real modifications. I do want to go back and add a ball joint to be more permanent though. That McFarlane head is going in the trash :monkey4

These are in stock now on play.com but i'm skint! Can't wait to get paid so I can order them

Just got the Battle Damaged and Cyberdyne Showdown figures, they are awesome :D, though sculpting on BD version is much more accurate. Are any of these going to be released in 18inch line or just the Mall figure or Pescerado (however its spelled) ?

Should I get all :p? I already have the endo 8" and 18" from earlier releases, don't like the newer endo: face is awkward.

i did have that old macfarlane figure but i HATE statue figures, i'd rather have more articulation and create my own poses then have a mini statuette.

After the 12 inch Final Battle... these figures would be complete with an 18 inch Cyberdyne Showdown.

Back