Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-dev waiting for the delivery of T1 Sarah that NECA finally produced...

b65bd4d8844c30fefa9b3aa1b575746a.jpg

Now comes the wait for new T800 hand sculpts and Endo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you google ''Old Irish gent'' or something to come up with that image? :lol

How bizarre though to think of us all as frail elderly people still coveting our action figures from ancient Science Fiction movies.

Yeah, well we know that these figures are much cheaper to make, and... have you seen the amount of kitsch Americans collect? I can easily see this selling through at Target. :lol

You know. Just being objective. :wink1:

Well then I hope the next figure they do is that guy that didn't get picked to play the janitor in that one show that got cancelled before it even aired.

You can't gauge their 1/10 line with the Mego style stuff. The latter is much easier to produce since it's all on the same buck body. Heck even Blanch from the Golden Girls used it lmao. It's simply not the same as creating tooling for brand new figure. Their ROI is much higher for one of these retro figs.

Right now I just want a dang rerelease of the Assault T1 T-800 Terminator. Put off getting his ultimate release too long and missed out

Received a few new Ultimate Uncle Bobs today from BBTS. I daresay an improvement on that very first Ultimate I got in its initial run. With this being the 6 millionth issue of these headsculpts I assumed I'd be immediately throwing them in the spare parts box and replacing them with my older heads but, what can I say, they're usable. I also like that the grenades on the bandolier are painted with more of a sheen making them stand out more than previous releases.

Last edited:
I put in a preorder a few days back when I saw the quantity dropping down to 10 or something like that. Now it's at 7.

I passed on this same dio at 1/6 because of cost and not knowing if you could trust the particular ebay seller but I figure with a reputable store like BBTS running it this should be safe enough - perhaps even the NRD might become a 'RD' if things went bad.

I love that this gives you the balcony aswell for a more complete recreation of the scene than has been offered before. Hopefully it'll be passable to use NECA figures with it and if not then hopefully someone will make some decent 1/12 figures down the road.

I think I might order it as well then. Its expensive but it looks awesome for what it is. Hopefully it looks good with the Neca figures because I don't have a back up plan. The balcony is what sold me on it too, i definitely plan to have Sarah and John up there with the T-800 on the chain. Though the "I know now why you cry" recreation would also be cool. I just don't see something like this getting made again any time soon.

You could also have Pretzel Man T-1000 from McFarlane standing there about to topple back over the edge.....guess I'll have to buy 3 dioramas for each of these moments......

Only three? :lol

Yeah that would be cool. Or even the thumbs up moment. I guess we'd have to be willing to destroy one of our BD t-800's in order to just have his arm/hand showing.

That's another thing isn't it, NECA didn't give us thumbs up hands - gloved/ungloved. A lack of imagination and thought in the hand-department. Existing hands can't even hold some weapons accurately depending on types of handle.

But yeah that gives me the idea of popping a BD T-800 in half and pretending he's halfway submerged*. There's the fourth diorama. :lol

*remember someone did that with the Enterbay figure of all things?

I don't know if one of the current Neca hands could be customized to do the thumbs up pose or not. The half way submerged T-800 would be relatively easy and effective. Yeah I still can't believe that someone did that to their EB figure, especially considering how expensive they are these days.

Man it was ridiculous how excited I was yesterday to get more of a figure I already have umpteen times over that I've been buying since 2009. Switching the shinier grenades of the latest reissue onto my older figures and retiring 2 of the statue-legged figures was a nice little refresh and there's even more I now want to get. I was joking about the multiple dioramas - a bridge too far even for me - but with the figures the OCD is definitely strong.

NECA has me over the barrel with their incremental improvements strategy. Where's the ultimate BD T-800, ultimate Steel Mill T-1000 - I'd end up buying the heck out of those before you even get to new Trevor Grove sculpts, Cleaved Man T-1000, Pescadero Sarah Connor and Miles Dyson - Yes I'm sneaking Dyson onto my wishlist now. Very unlikely to happen but I can picture him in my mind's eye as an exclusive with his arm in sling, a fireaxe, the model of the CPU that he smashes and the detonator for the explosives.

They could re-use the same bodies and just have all new headsculpts and I'd be stoked. Just add the double jointed elbows. I really hope they continue the Terminator line.

Ultimate Steel Mill T-800
Ultimate steel mill T-1000
Miles Dyson/sdcc exclusive
Ultimate Tech-com Reese
T-800 Endo
T1 Sarah

I just want newer versions of all the T1 characters. Yet I'm afraid they'll try and wait till 2024 for the Anniversary - if anything. :rolleyes2

They could re-use the same bodies and just have all new headsculpts and I'd be stoked. Just add the double jointed elbows. I really hope they continue the Terminator line.

Ultimate Steel Mill T-800
Ultimate steel mill T-1000
Miles Dyson/sdcc exclusive
Ultimate Tech-com Reese
T-800 Endo
T1 Sarah

Good to see Dyson make your list aswell. If we could mention his name often enough I wonder could it build interest and make him seem more essential over time than he is currently. He'd be akin to Carter Burke from the Aliens line I guess. For T1 the equivalent 'outside chance' characters might be Traxler and Vukovich.

But yeah I think they could do a few things on the Cyberdyne theme - character-wise you'd want Dyson with the accessories I mentioned yesterday. They could also do Sarah in the trenchcoat. And they could do an accessory set like the Facehugger tubes set for Aliens but replace the facehugger tubes with those yellow explosive barrels, the dolly cart they wheel stuff around on, the bag with the minigun and ammo inside it, fuel cans, gas masks and lastly the Hawk MM1 teargas launcher for the T-800 (and correct hand to hold it) - assuming no separate SWAT shootout T-800 release that would naturally come with it. Call the set ''Cyberdyne Demolition''. I'd ****ing love that.

All awesome ideas. I really hope they continue with the Terminator line as there's still a ton of possibilities. My most wanted Terminator figure would be a Future war Reese. I've been asking for that one since they started making these back in 2009/2010. :lol

I could definitely see them making a Miles Dyson/ Trench coat Sarah two pack

All awesome ideas. I really hope they continue with the Terminator line as there's still a ton of possibilities. My most wanted Terminator figure would be a Future war Reese. I've been asking for that one since they started making these back in 2009/2010. :lol

Yeah he'd be cool. We also need an Ultimate 1984 Tech Noir Reese, a full rejig for proper articulation. And based off of that an Ultimate Factory Showdown Reese. Somewhere between these two I'd like to be able to make a Reese without jacket so some sleeveless arms would be good. Basically I want to be able to have most of the variants that Leon Passieux did here https://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=creator&id=34638

I could definitely see them making a Miles Dyson/ Trench coat Sarah two pack

I can't see it - in the sense that the line is not active right now beyond rereleases and Randy isn't talking about Terminator lately, what was once T2uesday has become predominantly TurtlesTuesday. At the same time I can visualize it if they decide to revisit T2 and want to really do something brand new. Future John and Miles Dyson are the only other real candidates. Mullet kid and Dr Silberman would be next in line and there's definitely no way they'd make either of them.

Back