Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that steel mill dio is awesome. I've been giving it some serious thought, $300 is pretty steep though.

View attachment 486741

As Terminator is dead to Hot Toys, Hot Toys is dead to me :)

Though they did make Sarah to be fair, two Sarah releases in fact. But I'll never forgive them for teasing us with a 1:4 scale Police Shootout T-800 purely to **** with Enterbay and then never making it. Absolute **** move.

And not only that, with THAT teaser came a teaser of a new 1/6 Endoskeleton, that never came either. So it?s the mother of all ****moves.
I?m starting to think to maybe get the Genisys Endo and to my own chestplate, or mod over the existing one.
No one has done anything to that endo and it?s the only chromed 1/6 endo out there. Very weird.

In case anyone asks for that teaser too, or you might say Teaser2: Hot Toys - T1_Endoskeleton_Backstage__scaled_800.jpg

The 1/6 endoskeleton teaser actually slipped my mind. Further proof of Hot Toys' arseholery. And both of these would have sold out too.

Product Description
We?re proud to present the Sarah Connor and JohnConnor Action Figure 2-Pack! This definitive collectors version is a heartfelt tribute to the characters played to perfection by Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong in the 1991 sequel to The Terminator. These deluxe 7? scale action figures feature over 25points of articulation and come loaded with accessories to stop Judgement Day. To protect the future leader of the resistance, Sarah comes with three interchangeable heads, removable tactical vest, plus rifle, shotgun, handgun, and knife. John includes a removable backpack, hacking device, and endoskeleton arm in a display case. Display friendly deluxe window box packaging

I'm glad I'll be able to get another John, after seeing the prices of the SDCC one I wasn't sure if I wanted to open my sealed one or not.

Yo, whatup, Snoop? Long time no see. You good, brother?
:wave

I've been doing well thanks for asking. How about yourself, bro? I mainly lurk around this forum now, I don't post nearly as much as I used to. The excitement just isn't there for me anymore.

I figured John might return in a two pack, but I didn't think it would be with Sarah. Great for those who missed out on her. I skipped the SDCC John because of the price and the lack of camo pattern on his shirt. It just wasn't right. I already have Sarah, so the only way I'd pick this two pack up is if they get John right this time. My only other concern is that from my experience Neca figures from two packs tend to be lower quality.

That's true. Paint apps might take a hit. The joints will either be stuck or the other extreme, ragdoll. Parts might be missing etc.

It looks like the Sarah/John 2 pack will be released this fall at target in the US, according to Neca's twitter.

Whether or not I get notifications of new posts from NECA on twitter seems to be completely random. I swear I was kept better informed when I wasn't a member.

Whether or not I get notifications of new posts from NECA on twitter seems to be completely random. I swear I was kept better informed when I wasn't a member.

I joined their VIP club looking forward to being denied refunds and exchanges. :yess:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the Sarah/John 2 pack will be released this fall at target in the US, according to Neca's twitter.

2018:

Q: Hey Randy, any chance of a John Connor?

A: No. John Connor is too niche. Kids don't sell. No place for retail

*John Connor teased at SDCC*

*John Connor shown on back of Kenner tributes cardback like it's going to be a regular release*

ENTER JOHN CONNOR W/ BIKE SDCC EXCLUSIVE

2019:

Q: Hey Randy, any chance of a John Connor release at retail. A lot of people couldn't get the exclusive?

A: No chance. John Connor wouldn't do well, no rereleases.

2020:

John Connor shows up at retail.

Guess it isn't considered "too niche" anymore when you see it selling for hundreds of dollars on the secondary market, huh?

If they're so into throw backs and retro stuff. They should package the 2-pack John and Sarah in a T2: Arcade sidescrolling style box. Make the background the Cyberdyne level with the SWAT team running around and the blue and red player 1 and 2 targets on the window.

T2 The Arcade Game 021.jpg

arcade.jpg

T2 The Arcade Game 020.jpg
T2 The Arcade Game 030.jpg

2018:

*John Connor shown on back of Kenner tributes cardback like it's going to be a regular release*

2019:

Q: Hey Randy, any chance of a John Connor release at retail. A lot of people couldn't get the exclusive?

2020:

Guess it isn't considered "too niche" anymore when you see it selling for hundreds of dollars on the secondary market, huh?

If I was NECA/HT/SS/MEZCO/SHFA/MAFEX I wouldn?t even sell retail MSRP I would just go straight to secondary at 3x the cost gangsta style lol

Like why does SS even bother with their waitlist just put that **** straight on eBay for triple the cost screw those pain in the arse collectors lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018:

2019:

2020:

Randy must live by that classic Obi-wan line ''so what I told you was true...from a certain point of view''. :lol

Basically we knew this would happen - albeit with some doubt - because this, it seems to me, had been a longer wait compared to the announcement of the Newt reissue (in the Ripley 2-pack) after that initial SDCC Newt. He may indeed have been waiting to look at the aftermarket to be sure of demand.

I can't decide if I'd be happy or pissed off if this new release had the camo-paint on the shirt after my having bought so many of the SDCC version

I mean I knew they were going to rerelease it, it's just stupid how they lie about things and play games. Would it have been so hard to have just said "yeah, he's in the works"? People would still be excited.

Fans wouldn't be asking for these characters/figures if they weren't interested, ya know?

And I hope he does have the camo. He should. I only bought one of the SDCC one last year when I was at the show. I would have gotten two, but $50 with no option for returns/exchanges in the event something broke was just too risky for me. I left mine Mint in box.

Definitely going to get this two-pack and probably sell off Sarah. I need a loose John. Then again, I could make her a Steel Mill T-1000 version I guess. I have plenty of broken jointed/limbed Pescadero T-1000 figures that I could take the bullet squibs from and add to her.

I just don't get what is taking them so long. They've had this license for over 10 years now and there's still so much they could do with it. There's a huge demand it seems. On the secondary market, a lot of these are going for major $$$. Prices for Tanker chase, Police station assault and Battle Damaged ANYTHING appears to be very sought after now. John should have been a no-brainer the MINUTE that Ultimate Sarah Connor went up for sale FIVE years ago. The fact that there hasn't been atleast an updated Kyle Reese is just really weird.

Been saying a John Connor two-pack was the way to go for many, many years now. Crazy how long it has taken. Two packs could be a great way for them to update or release new versions of characters. Get a Police Shootout T-800 vs. Kyle Reese out there. It would sell. Get a super articulated Steel Mill BD T-800 vs. Steel Mill T-1000 out there, it would sell. Then use your profits and $$$ to make some new ****ing figures and not the statues you've milked for a decade. I want a T-800 with some double jointed elbows and fists. How about a new Endoskeleton or Tech Comm Resistance soldier made in the same vein as Hasbro's 6" Black Series Hoth Rebel trooper that you could mix and match to make as a standard grunt or Kyle Reese? People would EAT that **** up and they're just not even bothering.

I mean I knew they were going to rerelease it, it's just stupid how they lie about things and play games. Would it have been so hard to have just said "yeah, he's in the works"? People would still be excited.

Fans wouldn't be asking for these characters/figures if they weren't interested, ya know?

And I hope he does have the camo. He should. I only bought one of the SDCC one last year when I was at the show. I would have gotten two, but $50 with no option for returns/exchanges in the event something broke was just too risky for me. I left mine Mint in box.

Definitely going to get this two-pack and probably sell off Sarah. I need a loose John. Then again, I could make her a Steel Mill T-1000 version I guess. I have plenty of broken jointed/limbed Pescadero T-1000 figures that I could take the bullet squibs from and add to her.

I just don't get what is taking them so long. They've had this license for over 10 years now and there's still so much they could do with it. There's a huge demand it seems. On the secondary market, a lot of these are going for major $$$. Prices for Tanker chase, Police station assault and Battle Damaged ANYTHING appears to be very sought after now. John should have been a no-brainer the MINUTE that Ultimate Sarah Connor went up for sale FIVE years ago. The fact that there hasn't been atleast an updated Kyle Reese is just really weird.

Been saying a John Connor two-pack was the way to go for many, many years now. Crazy how long it has taken. Two packs could be a great way for them to update or release new versions of characters. Get a Police Shootout T-800 vs. Kyle Reese out there. It would sell. Get a super articulated Steel Mill BD T-800 vs. Steel Mill T-1000 out there, it would sell. Then use your profits and $$$ to make some new ****ing figures and not the statues you've milked for a decade. I want a T-800 with some double jointed elbows and fists. How about a new Endoskeleton or Tech Comm Resistance soldier made in the same vein as Hasbro's 6" Black Series Hoth Rebel trooper that you could mix and match to make as a standard grunt or Kyle Reese? People would EAT that **** up and they're just not even bothering.

Yes to all of this. :clap

I have most of the Neca T1 and T2 figures and I still would love to see all of those released.

Back