Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as I've started getting into figure painting and diorama making I'd thought I would repaint the Cyberdyne T800's Mini gun as it is black in the movie but the figures is gray. I have 5 of these figures, one in the detolf and four to play around with lol.

Did a little dry brush on some edges so it but over all the mini gun is black like in the movie.

20190701_202452.jpg

So about those effect flames , I've been playing around with them to see how hey look with certain figures. I think they look cool with the NECA Cult Classics Endo with future war base.

I need to buy another detolf but for now the figure is sitting on one of my DVD shelves lol!

20190701_202641.jpg

Those saddle bags looms pretty sloppy in terms of sculpting for the price he's asking.

Covers materials , making them , postage from the Netherlands. Comes with the Harley davidson stickers for the bike and the number plate. I don't know where else or who else could make better??

Sculpting materials aren't that expensive. But you can justify the price all you want, it still doesnt look like it was sculpted very good.

Sculpting materials aren't that expensive. But you can justify the price all you want, it still doesnt look like it was sculpted very good.

Well if you can make better I'll be happy to make a comparison and buy the better.

Edit: If I was to buy some epox putty (£25) crafting tools (probably another £25) paint etc it would end up going over the amount i'm being charged so for a one off i'll take the hit.

For what they are and the size I don't know how much better I would expect or require them to be.

Oh and I found him on facebook, no need to join instagram. Phew :lol

Well if you can make better I'll be happy to make a comparison and buy the better.

Edit: If I was to buy some epox putty (£25) crafting tools (probably another £25) paint etc it would end up going over the amount i'm being charged so for a one off i'll take the hit.

Where do you get your materials from if epoxy and paint is costing you £50+? :lol

Idk how anyone in all seriousness would pay that kind of money for these;

image.jpg

No detailing in them what so ever. Look at the buckles for Christ sakes. :lol

We're not talking about high-end 1:6 here. These are just little bags for the side of a 1:10 scale bike and even at that I don't think NECA themselves would do these much better. Now, maybe their size is what makes them too expensive? Perhaps. But then, everything is too expensive. We overpay for absolutely everything in this hobby. As always what matters is what something is personally worth to someone.

I would consider these worth it to bring my Fatboy that much closer to being movie accurate. The T2 Fatboy with Uncle Bob is the very definition of iconic. It's incredibly frustrating that they can never seem to be made officially and as a result you either have nothing or you're lucky enough to get a bike but you have to make-do with only partial accuracy because the colours are wrong, the license plate is wrong and the saddlebags aren't there. Well, here's one guy trying to remedy that. And as Tech-Com alluded to - no one else is offering a better option - to our knowledge.

Yeah I know what scale they are, and I also know that epoxy and acrylic paints are way cheaper than £50 as Tech-com stated, hence why I think he/she is charging way too much. I get that they're just 1:10 saddlebags, but even for that scale you genuinely think those look good? It looks like he found some stones in his backyard and painted them black.:lol The prices in this hobby are ridiculous, there's no arguing there. If you guys like them, then more more power to you. I just feel that in this particular scenario the value isn't there.

I think they look fine, better than any stand-in for the saddlebags that I've tried in the past. I wouldn't have had any higher expectations for them at this scale and they don't need to be functional or anything - just to fill an empty area on the bike. I look at my 1:10 bikes (have a Maisto and an ERTL) and the saddlebags are highly conspicuous by their absence, it's been on my craw since I got them.

b4e7a5b6a6d017a4_800x800ar.jpg

I used the saddle bags from a McFarlane figure. It looks way better than what he's offering. I'll post pics later. I got the idea from someone else who has done the same.

Anyway I've been repainting most of my NECA terminator figures. I repainted the skin tones (making the T1 t-800s more pale as I felt the were way too tanned), more realistic blood, and I chromed the T-1000 and exposed endo parts.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Am I a prick if I give my honest opinion? It looks absolutely fantastic on the T-1000, but it looks like it might be too chromey for the others. Maybe a bit too clean on them, too. The skin tones, look good all around, I think, though.

How did you lighten the skin tone on the T-800s? I absolutely love that repainted truck chase T-800.

I used the Tamashi metalic blue as the dark blue coat reese wears is a similar color, only problem is it's shiny so need to find a dull paint of the same color. Do you have a recommendation? A certain paint type or brand type. I'll just have to buy and try other paint types otherwise. I was told to stick to acrylics on the figures, still learning. The paint has dried and his fine perfect color just shiny.

Love your trio of figures by the way.

Thanks for the compliment on the figures, although they have gone through changes since that picture.

As for the color of the coat, I'm not sure it's blue. It has always looked black to me. I know screens and monitors differ, but I went with a black coat for one of my 1/6 Reese figures. As far as paints go, you have lots of choices. I like Tamiya acrylics. They come in flats so you don't have to worry about a shine. If you are going with the color you have, just buy a bottle of dull coat. Not sure what brand you'll end up finding. It should take most of the shine away.
theterminator19A.jpg
Tiki 1.jpg
20190331_114204 (1).jpg

Am I a prick if I give my honest opinion? It looks absolutely fantastic on the T-1000, but it looks like it might be too chromey for the others. Maybe a bit too clean on them, too. The skin tones, look good all around, I think, though.

Not at all dude. Keep in mind I haven't weathered any of the chrome t-800 parts yet. I usually do a very light wash of black acrylic. Those Molotow chrome pens take forever to cure so I haven't done the wash yet.

Last edited:
How did you lighten the skin tone on the T-800s? I absolutely love that repainted truck chase T-800.

Thank you. Any sort of acrylic paints will do. There's all sorts of different skin tones to choose from. I just use a small brush and lightly build up layers until I'm satisfied. I used a light purple wash on the surrounding areas of the wounds and then tamiya clear red for the blood.

Not at all dude. Keep in mind I haven't weathered any of the chrome t-800 parts yet. I usually do a very light wash of black acrylic. Those Molotow chrome pens take forever to cure so I haven't done the wash yet.

Yeah, it takes like a week. Well, I look forward to seeing the end result.

I used the saddle bags from a McFarlane figure. It looks way better than what he's offering. I'll post pics later. I got the idea from someone else who has done the same.

Have I seen this? Do post.

Anyway I've been repainting most of my NECA terminator figures. I repainted the skin tones (making the T1 t-800s more pale as I felt the were way too tanned), more realistic blood, and I chromed the T-1000 and exposed endo parts.

Those look great, I'd be happy with those. Gonna have to get this Molotow pen. The liquid metal parts on the NECA T-1000 are so flat. Any prep-work to be done or can you just take the pen and get straight to work on the figure?

'cure'...does that mean dry? And how do you apply a 'wash'?

I've probably asked these questions before but then when I don't immediately implement what I've learnt it eventually just seeps out of my brain.

Back