Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope the final product has the GnR though cause that's awesome. And I certainly hope such a small thing is small enough to escape the attention of Axl and his lawyers, cause he's known to be a tad...litigious, especially for the most trivial things.

Don't worry, NECA can pay Axl with fried chicken and an all you can eat buffet.

Even though GnR was featured in T2, and even had a T2 tie in music video, Axl has sued Jim Cameron twice. Once for Tom Arnold's line in True Lies ("You aren't her parents anymore, her parents are Axl Rose and Madonna, you can't compete with that kind of bombardment.") and once for Michael Biehn's line in Aliens ("Ripley! You blew the transaxle, you're just grinding metal!").

As a Guns N Roses super fanatic, the GnR tampo was the first thing that caught my eye. I immediately had to find stills from the movie to compare. Apparently on the real bike it said "XR" so I'm guessing this is just a way to skirt copyright issues.

I really hope the final product has the GnR though cause that's awesome. And I certainly hope such a small thing is small enough to escape the attention of Axl and his lawyers, cause he's known to be a tad...litigious, especially for the most trivial things.

Yeah I'm really surprised it's there.

So to get back on topic. I’m quite happy to finally be getting John Connor after so many years.

It’s been what, 10 years since the line debuted when it was just variations of the same T-800 buck?

View attachment 438900
View attachment 438901

Time flies. When those Toy Fair pics debuted 10 years ago, that was the most excited I’ve been for Terminator merchandise, ever.

To finally have ultimate, super articulated and detailed renditions of the Terminator, John Connor, Sarah Connor and the T-1000 is quite exciting. I’d be cool if it ends there.

Ahh the memories. This reveal blew my mind back then, crazy to think it started so long ago. Still down for pretty much any character they can squeeze out and quietly hoping Randy softens toward T3 and Salvation.

Yeah that's when the excitement factor for Terminator collectibles was at its peak for me. The prototypes NECA had on display were amazing. There's still quite a bit they can do with the T1/T2 line, I hope it continues but if it ends with John Connor I think I'll be okay with that. I'd be down with some figures from Salvation.

Wow, the effect when he sprayed the compressed air on the T-1000 was really cool. Though I wasn't planning to open that figure if I get him.

I actually just giggled like a little girl when he took that can and sprayed the figure with it and saw the reaction. That color effect was awesome.

Well, a few years ago someone aske Randy on twitter about GNR figures, and Randy said that he didn't want to deal with AXL.

One of the most amazing/surreal nights of my life was going backstage and meeting Axl at a GNR show in 2002. At the time, Buckethead was the main guitarist. I straight up asked Axl if he'd ever do action figures, and he told me that Buckethead was in negotiations with Sideshow for a 12 inch figure. Obviously it never happened though. Enterprising customizers would probably be able to make one easily though, if anyone really wanted to.

I've always been put off by the kenner tribute figures. i just think they look goofy. that power arm t-800 is pretty fresh though. very cool.

Yeah the power arm one is the only cool one.

And I guess John is technically a Kenner tribute as well. Curious to see what the packaging will be like for that figure.

I've always been put off by the kenner tribute figures. i just think they look goofy. that power arm t-800 is pretty fresh though. very cool.

I think that's kind of the point. Some of the toys they made back then made no sense and didn't have anything to do with the movie lol.

Yeah the power arm one is the only cool one.

And I guess John is technically a Kenner tribute as well. Curious to see what the packaging will be like for that figure.

I think he's part of the ultimate series, so not necessarily a Kenner tribute.

Screenshot_2019-01-13 NECA on Twitter The future is not set 😉… .jpg

Bartender Lloyd and Nick Stahl John Connor confirmed! :lecture

:chase

Back