Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fear they will take this as an omen for the Terminator line as a whole.

Sadly, I think such a decision may have been made back with Genisys figures. Hardly any stores around me who stock NECA even carried those figures, I got the clean T-800 slightly overpriced at a comic book store and the battle damaged one was never even stocked there, I had to order online. A majority of the Ultimate Terminator figures never hit stores either, I got Sarah by chance at a hobby shop. I see T1 T-800 at Toys R Us but never T2. Video game figures hurt the line too, I don't think Robocop vs Terminator was as popular as anticipated, they warmed many pegs around me and by the time NECA got back to movie figures I think stores were hesitant of the franchise.

My local toysrus and fye had a ton of the Genisys figures. Both seem to sell rather quickly too, because I had a hard time finding the battle damaged guardian.

Overall, based on overall quality, I actually find the Genisys T-800s to be the nicest figures in my NECA collection, I wish T1 and T2 got properly updated figures with the quality and articulation they have, the Ultimates are ok, but we know their "short"comings and they're old figures with just a few more points of articulation added, brand new sculpts would have been nice.

They might.

But with Tim Miller spearheading Terminator 6(with news coming out VERY soon), I have a feeling NECA is not done with the franchise just yet.

It looks like Tim will be collaborating with Cameron on the film. A different site says that Cameron will be the producer.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/t...minator-6-hires-deadpool-director-tim-miller/

A quote from Cameron:

"Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it," Cameron explained."

Also a quote from Arnie:

"In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6, James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes a Conan."

Cameron's involvement, no matter how minor, is surely the only reason any studio is agreeing to a sixth Terminator at this point. However I still can't help but facepalm at the ''three film arc'' bit. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that James Avatar Cameron is talking in those terms but I still somehow am. ''You have to be smarter than this'' - that bull***t got Salvation and Genisys nowhere. So now you'll have yet another film that holds back the best material pending a sequel that will never happen because the first film doesn't make money - which is very possible even with Cameron behind it because the Terminator brand has taken some serious battle damage since 2003.

Sadly, I think such a decision may have been made back with Genisys figures. Hardly any stores around me who stock NECA even carried those figures, I got the clean T-800 slightly overpriced at a comic book store and the battle damaged one was never even stocked there, I had to order online. A majority of the Ultimate Terminator figures never hit stores either, I got Sarah by chance at a hobby shop. I see T1 T-800 at Toys R Us but never T2. Video game figures hurt the line too, I don't think Robocop vs Terminator was as popular as anticipated, they warmed many pegs around me and by the time NECA got back to movie figures I think stores were hesitant of the franchise.

vlcsnap-2017-09-15-16h53m28s24.jpg

It all depends. T1 and T2 are pretty cohesive despite being unplanned and exist well as individual films, maybe Cameron could be smart enough to plan out a 3 part story that allows the pieces to stand alone as much as be part of a bigger story.

Can someone with the Galleria Ultimate T-1000 or the Genisys T-1000 tell me, does the head attach to a ball joint the same as most NECA figures?

Can someone with the Galleria Ultimate T-1000 or the Genisys T-1000 tell me, does the head attach to a ball joint the same as most NECA figures?

Well here's the Genisys T-1000 anyway
IMG_0194 Medium_zpsjrj76y8f.jpg
IMG_0195 Medium_zpsyjq8foyk.jpg

I think the T2 Ultimate has the same head connection as the original T-1000 figure with the ball part staying in the torso (I'm at work and can't confirm at this time)

:lol That's awesome.

I'd love to see it on NECA's twitter.

Thanks A-Dev, I'm looking at customizing a prison suit Hannibal Lecter using a T-1000 as a base body but I'm trying to figure out how the heads attach on the ultimates to make sure it would work, the Hannibal figures are ball joints like the old T2 figures.

The T2 Ultimate indeed has the ball in the torso itself, same size as the old figure. Not as bulky as the one for the T-800.

My 1:4 T-800 finally left the US, next week some time.

Not mine. Only pics I could find. Paint apps look pretty clean, which is a plus.

IMG_8774.JPG
IMG_8775.JPG
IMG_8777.JPG
IMG_8776.JPG

Hmm. Thanks for that.

-Feminine pose and the left arm looks like it's bending backwards.

-Nicer angle on the sculpt, the jaw doesn't look as exaggerated as it did in the previous boxed photos

-The hair is still the best sculpt of his T2 style that anyone has done.

-Paint does look clean but obviously you wouldn't stand this next to the BD Enterbay, it's still cartoony by comparison. This is why I've resisted NECA 1:4 humans for the most part. (Catwoman counts as one I suppose, maybe Penguin?)

-They should have at least provided non-gloved hands and his shotgun aswell - I mean one of their promo shots on the side of the box is from the desert scenes

Still looking forward to it though.

I'll get it when it's clearanced. It's too lazy of a release for me to really care.

Curious about how the minigun holds up.

The real question is, will those tiny hands be able to grasp them. Well that, and how long before we see a 7" Terminator with "all new ab crunch!".

I'd really like to see what an all new 2017 or 2018 Terminator sculpt looks like.

If they've got Trevor Grove doing work for them now then yeah I'd love to see him have a shot.

The T-1000 is a bit long in the face - I mean literally long in the face - just by a smidge. That's his only problem IMO. Sarah Connor they nailed in one attempt. John Connor they.....oh....

Forget John Connor. If it's Terminator related and it ain't already previously sculpted, you're SOL pal.

Back