Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Jye

wuher.jpg

1:4 is meaningless for the very fact of its unlikelihood of the most important characters. Good luck getting all those guys :lol

Probably. I mean you've got a few anyway haven't you?

My expectations and desires for 1:4 are pretty limited. Usually if I buy a 1:4 it's one of four essential characters - Terminator, Robocop, Alien and Predator - or otherwise it's a character I want but is unavailable in smaller scales - Batman Returns Penguin and Catwoman or the 1990 movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

:lol

Ehhhhh, I dunno. So far with 1:4 NECA I've stuck to creatures or characters with very little human-parts on show. So am I gonna suddenly want Gibbons or Danny Cooksey as Caped Baldy suggests? Nah :lol

This is probably blasphemy, but I probably like my 7" Arnolds more than my Hot Toys ones. I also like the 7" Keaton Batman (regular and custom damaged) over the 12" and 1/4 ones.

The only bigger figures I prefer over the smaller ones are the Hot Toys Robocops.

1/4 is unwieldy, I always feel like I'm going to break the legs or arms (the reason I never really pose my NECA ones and sold my Enterbay Arnies). 12" is doll like. 7" is fun and more collectible.

Still own them all.

This is probably blasphemy, but I probably like my 7" Arnolds more than my Hot Toys ones. I also like the 7" Keaton Batman (regular and custom damaged) over the 12" and 1/4 ones.

The only bigger figures I prefer over the smaller ones are the Hot Toys Robocops.

1/4 is unwieldy, I always feel like I'm going to break the legs or arms (the reason I never really pose my NECA ones and sold my Enterbay Arnies). 12" is doll like. 7" is fun and more collectible.

Still own them all.

I would sooner sell my Hot Toys Terminator collection than my NECA collection. Granted the financial gain from selling the Hot Toys stuff would be greater and that would inevitably play into any such decision. But even still I think I would miss the Hot Toys stuff less. The sculpts and some of Hot Toys choices annoy me.

I agree about Robocop though. Those Hot Toys sculpts are too good and Robocop just by nature seems to need a higher quality to truly replicate the movie. Also NECA didn't get Weller's likeness rights.

I'd have problems parting with the DX 13 and Tech Noir, maybe even the T-1000 since I had so much hype and excitement for that figure and all the variations I built up.

None of the rest though.

It's definitely easier said than done. I looked at my Hot Toys collection recently to determine what I would sell if I had to - kept finding reasons why I'd keep figures I previously thought I could sell. Keeping X figure meant I'd have to keep Y figure and so on. Eventually I'd almost ruled everything back in :slap

That doesn't really surprise me that you feel that way. But I'm not as insistent on high-end as you are. I can deal with lower quality when even at the larger scales and high-end prices they still can't get it right. And in fact NECA gets a bunch of things right that Hot Toys gets spectacularly wrong.

Not to mention P. customizes 90% of his dolls.

Swap some parts with the older and NECA releases and give them a custom paint job from a talented artist and they'd be the perfect Terminator action figures.

It boils down to what this hobby is about for me at this point - owning today what I wanted when I was a child. The NECA figures fit the bill. The Hot Toys ones are an added indulgence.

If I'm going to accept imperfection better to accept it from the stuff I paid a lot less money for. And heck the Hot Toys figures all have more glaring imperfections than the NECA equivalents as far as I'm concerned. Gorilla craniums, detail-free cylinder necks, ugly gaps and seams for the neck joints, afro-hair, fat-faces, squashed faces, wrong hairlines, proportions **** ups, excessively thick eyelids for PERS etc etc

That doesn't really surprise me that you feel that way. But I'm not as insistent on high-end as you are. I can deal with lower quality when even at the larger scales and high-end prices they still can't get it right. And in fact NECA gets a bunch of things right that Hot Toys gets spectacularly wrong.
yep! their sculptor knows his material. pity their manufactory ruins it. well it goes since their predators, when i (and many others i think) wanted Neca sculpts with HT quality. then aliens. now terminators. though their human faces still frighten me, that "Newt" is a piece of art cause she's scary like **** :lol
i just had my last day of vacation, please don't pay attention to anything angry i say, i hate the world today :gah:
i wish Neca made their stuff a decade ago, when i collected McFarlane, and it was enough those days. if i got Neca then, i would feel all good it represents and easily ignore any issues.

Last edited:
All those sculpts need is a new paint job though! I've seen first hand what can be done in this scale.

In the right hands, you could get the 7" figures looking like their prototypes.

image.jpeg

Aww man. I haven't seen those pics in a long time. Forgot how good they looked. Those would be the 2ups though wouldn't they?

yep! their sculptor knows his material. pity their manufactory ruins it. well it goes since their predators, when i (and many others i think) wanted Neca sculpts with HT quality. then aliens. now terminators. though their faces still frighten me :lol
i just had my last day of vacation, please don't pay attention to anything angry i say, i hate the world today :gah:

Thanks P., no worries. Sorry you're back to work.

It's true, ideally NECA's quality would be better. And they don't always nail human sculpts - Kyle Reese is poor, all the Ripley figure's have been lacking (although the Aliens version doesn't look too bad in the banner of their twitter page - lucky for them it doesn't have the mass-production paint job that we all got on our figures) and I agree that the clean head without the sunglasses on the T2 figure isn't as good as it could be. The eyes and mouth area don't come across well but I think the paint does a lot of the damage.

Still own them all.

I never had one problem with all 6 1/4 scale neca figures I have had and that Ranges from Predator to Batman and Penguin... Now the Enterbay as you now I posed the arms once or twice and boom snap on both figures..... I trust the NECA 1/4's way more than the Enterbays. And most of the time NECA CS will replace the figure or item if it breaks.

Neca just put up there ultimate police shootout t-800 on the eBay store. Just purchased mine. Pics and a review will be coming soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Got my ultimate police shoot out figure in today and it's awesome. I do have some things that could of been better but overall I'm very satisfied and it basically completes my neca terminator collection. Review uploading at the moment will post it as soon as it's up.
uploadfromtaptalk1470337030956.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back