Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... NECA isn't showing Gremlins at ToyFair... :(
Seems like this is the end of the line...
No Spider-Gremlin, no Greta and no Cocoon...
and no chances for an updated Stripe :monkey2
It was good while it lasted...

i would have rathered the not even do the greta prop and put it into all the other figures they showed a year ago like the smaller greta, caccoon and spider.

at least give us the god damn spider!

Just out of curiosity... has there ever been a line Neca has completed? This is really frustrating! My experience has been the Ghostbuster line, the TMNT line and now the Gremlin/Gremlins line. What is their problem?

Just out of curiosity... has there ever been a line Neca has completed? This is really frustrating! My experience has been the Ghostbuster line, the TMNT line and now the Gremlin/Gremlins line. What is their problem?

Sin City. I think they made almost every main character.

They latest Mogwai just came out, so I'm hoping they still have a last set of Gremlins coming. But if I knew they wouldn't make it to the Spider, I wouldn't have bothered picking this line up again.

Just picked up my first gremlins fig, rambo gizmo. Would really love the spider to display with him in a showdown.

so sad.....no Neca gremlins love at toyfair13.........i wish a smaller company would pick up the unreleased figures and sell them as exclusives......better than nothing....

Sin City. I think they made almost every main character.

At least something got through. These guys remind me exactly how tough it is to take a line through the core characters. It's a shame too because their work is phenomenal at 6 inch scale, reminds me alot of how good McFarlane's stuff looked back in the 90s.

Got my first figure from this gremlins line today, rambo Giz!Awesome detail for such a small fig. I love the added bonus of an amazing plastic smell when you open a neca toy :D

20130214_221352_zpsf8d22794.jpg

They came through with Ed209 so hopefuly with enough demand they will on Spider-Gremlin too. It all comes down to price if it's too expensive to make it won't happen.
I remember all the demand for the Exorcist box set it came out eventualy.It was a little dear about £30 I had lots of customers saying why don't they do an Exorcist box set with Regan in the bed,they did but it's still sitting on the shelf in my shop,i only had about 12 in and still didn't sell out.
The best chance of this happening is either NECA ramping up the costs to us or them going the Mattycollector route.

I just picked up mogwai series 3 Gizmo and Stripe. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with these. Very cute and cool little figures. I love the original Gremlins, much more than the sequel, so these were a must for me. I hope we see an updated version of the Stripe Gremlin before the line dies.

Got my series 3 mogwai as well......Haskins is missing from these photos, as I used his ears for my santa gizmo....so I will have to find another Haskins......I do still have the first one but with gremlins 2 gizmos ears attached.....very big ears...lol ebay maybe...
I did a bit of touch up to these, painted the fingernails and ears, as well as glossed up the eyes.

I really wish Neca would continue this line, it has been my favorite.

mogwai4.jpg

mogwai3.jpg

New ears for santa Giz!
mogwai2.jpg

Sad Giz and the Gremlins 2 Giz
mogwai1.jpg

Those look great! I wish I had the skill to touch mine up like that, especially since my Gizmo came with the paint rubbed off one of his ears and the plastic beneath is showing. :(

Do you mind sharing what kind of gloss you used on the eyes? It really brings them to life.

thanks!
its not to hard to touch these guys up.
is the scuff on his ear something you can remove with a bit of rubbing alcohol? as it might be paint from another piece that rubbed onto the ears at the factory...try that first.
otherwise get a flesh color thats close and use a piece of sponge to apply it.

i used 5 minute clear epoxy for the eyes.....gotta crack open the heads and remove the eyes first. this will stiffen the eyes as well and keep them from rolling all over and looking odd.

I just had the new NECA Gremlins 2 stunt puppet replicas of Greta and the Green Gremlin in at my shop today.I only opened one of each to display and photograph but not bad not happy about the huge UK price increase though.I honestley can not say that when i woke up this morning i ever thought i would be combing a Gremlins hair.
20130304_121713_zps49a11064.jpg

20130304_121544_zps3ea4257c.jpg

Well if NECA does wuss out and not do the Spider Mohawk again, I'll be fine with that now that I have this big bad sucker. Jun Planning made about 600 of these, and they're so rare you can barely find pics of them on the net.

Sideshow was asked to distribute them once upon a time, but because it is very heavy made of solid vinyl with a steel base and comes fully assembled in a huge box, the shipping costs didn't leave much room for profit for Sideshow and it didn't happen. This large piece sat around in the way at Sideshow for some time until it got relegated to somebody's office. When he left, it went with him, and now fate has landed it on my desk.

Check it out.

Here he is. Jun Planning's super rare Spider Mohawk from GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH. Picked him up Sunday. I was afraid he was too big to fit in my little RX-8, but he was just right. About half the scale of the actual prop, but is still very big.

JunPlanningSpiderMohawk05.jpg

JunPlanningSpiderMohawk04.jpg

JunPlanningSpiderMohawk03.jpg

JunPlanningSpiderMohawk06.jpg

JunPlanningSpiderMohawk02.jpg

Back