Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the 'green' version be a repaint of the current 'brown' stunt puppet design or will it be from a different puppet design?

No idea... just the one for now...

BTW here's a pic of this guy!
:lol

ArBt_M6CMAAe67t.jpg:large

Full props for NECA for creating the Lightning Gremlin but I cannot see paying the same price for this as the others. I wonder if this wlll be offered at a lesser price point.

Awesome!! Thank you.

Not sure if I will pick it up but I like the fact that NECA decided to produce what I would never think of putting in "action figure" form.
:clap

Will the 'green' version be a repaint of the current 'brown' stunt puppet design or will it be from a different puppet design?

I saw that too, was wandering the same thing. No pics of it, yet it has the same description of the other one and ES of 1000 :slap. I bet Neca saw how fast the regular sold out, and said, "hey, lets make 1000 more and make it green"

Thanks for the heads up on the green version.
I just came across it while reading this thread and am glad I did. I don't use twitter so I had no idea.
Already have 2 brown ones on order, looks like I'll be ordering a green one too.

Just a heads up, according to Neca's facebook posting on June 21,2012

"Brief Gremlins announcement - both the 1:1 Stunt Replica and Series 2 are on their way here from the factory. Should hit store shelves around the 2nd week of July, we'll have more details soon."

I'm guessing we'll have more info on release dates and any other Gremlins related products after Comicon next month.

I haven't been following what's included in the Series, but I guess the Spider Mohawk isn't in that wave? He'll probably be a boxed figure anyway, but has there been any news on him yet? It seems the wait has been going on for years now. :(

I had heard the spider Gremlin had been cancelled because they couldn't find a way to make it cost effective, so I think it's been shelved until they can figure it out.

As for the prop replica, I'm very excited to see the estimated shipping time move up. I can't wait for it to arrive, and plan to order a green one as well once there are more details available.
They have said there is definitely a possibility of more prop replicas if this one sells well. The medicom Gizmo is tough to beat and since I go one of them a few weeks back I'm hoping for a Gremlins 2 Mowhawk in mogwai form.
I'd pretty well buy all of them, working on collecting the figures too.

Well... somewhat bad news about this line... :monkey2

30666_Gremlins_Assortment21.jpg

A Look at Gremlins Series 2 Action Figures, Available In A Few Weeks!
t

Jul 03, 20121

"If you want to find something weird you have to go downtown. — Martin"

Start Spreading the News

Everything these days is interactive: Tweet us and we’ll tweet you back. Want to watch Gremlins 2: The New Batch to brush up on your Lenny impression before buying the figure? It’s on demand. Pet a cat, it purrs.

Here at NECA HQ, we’re no different, and it’s in that spirit that we’re leaving the choice up to you. We’ve just made these awesome Gremlins Series 2 action figures, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with how they came out. We’d love to follow-up with a sequel to our Mogwais Series 1 figures, but it’s time to let the people speak.

We’re putting out Gremlins Series 2, and we have Mogwais Series 2 scheduled for the end of summer 2012, but whether or not we do more depends on the response we get on this series. We think it’s great, and we love the Gremlins movies, but if popular demand leads us elsewhere, we’re gonna go. There’s a Mogwai Awareness Petition Facebook group to make your opinion heard, so take a look at Gremlins Series 2 and see if you’ve got any room in your heart for these mystical beasties.

A Power Trio
Gremlins Series 2 has three figures of Gremlins from 1990′s Gremlins 2: The New Batch. All three figures are brand new and will be available at your favorite toy store in before the end of July!

Ready to wreak havoc on an unsuspecting Manhattan, the Brown Gremlin comes with sunglasses and a cigarette. You can almost hear him singing “New York, New York” through that menacing grin.
Phantom Gremlin

After having his face horribly burned by acid, the Phantom Gremlin picked up a mask and one of the movie’s best parodies (right up there with the George Gremlin) was born. Figure comes with his own mask and the acid jar.
Lenny Gremlin

Not to be confused with Daffy Gremlin from the first series, you’d never know it to look at Lenny’s goofy face that he’s based in part on a John Steinbeck character from Of Mice and Men, but it’s true. George’s partner in crime, Lenny comes with a necktie. Don’t forget, we’ve got Mogwai Lenny too!

Could This Be the End?
Gremlins collectors unite! Don’t let this be the last series of Gremlins figures.
If you find, however, that these figures aren’t enough to whet your Gremlins appetite (they’re delicious), have a gander at our super-limited Brown Gremlin Stunt Puppet Replica:

Hand painted, over 30″ tall and only 1000 made worldwide, the rubber and latex Brown Gremlin Stunt Puppet Replica is the ultimate piece of Gremlins memorabilia. Cast directly from the puppet used inThe New Batch, it’s as close as you’re going to get to actually having your house destroyed by Gremlins. Also makes great decor in small children’s bedrooms!

…Maybe it wasn’t a place for people anyway. It was a place for things. You make a place for things… things come. — Daniel Clamp

Make sure you catch up on the whole NECA Gremlins collection and don’t miss out on the Flasher Gremlin from the first batch of action figures. If you didn’t get it last year, we’ve still got some of our San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Gizmo 4″ action figures left too!
Plenty of Gremlins love to go around, and hopefully more to come! Keep it tuned to NECAOnline for updates on Gremlins and all your favorite games, movies and more!

So seems like the line is in danger, and we might not see Mogwai Stripe, mogwai Daffy, Scared Gizmo... etc...
Support this line guys!!
:pray:
It's the only way we can see the amazing Spider Gremlin!
:panic:

I have been informed by my supplier that i will have stock of the Toys R Us Electric Gremlin on Monday.

I had heard the spider Gremlin had been cancelled because they couldn't find a way to make it cost effective, so I think it's been shelved until they can figure it out.

:( Damn, I was really looking forward to that one. I wouldn't mind paying a premium for him, either.

I think I'll pick up the Phantom Gremlin though. Hopefully the paint will turn out well.

I pre-ordered Phantom Gremlin and Mohawk Mogwai month ago.I really hope Neca makes Mogwai series 2.I have to get Mohawk:panic:.

It's a shame. But what killed this line for me is that they seem to only sell the waves as sets of 3. And the one figure I want in every wave, is the one they don't sell seperately. And the places that do sell them individually, jack up the ____ing prices. I wanted the Flasher, but he was only sold with the other 2 gremlins. And now I would like the plain brown gremlin, but same story. Not sold individually.

Back