Official Jumping the gun on Official threads thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I dont understand is the nasty comments and negative postsIts just a suggestion

A suggestion that I thought would improve the boards for people using them

So ok guys learned my lesson

Thanks, your Welcome.

By the way, there is an option in your profile set-up where you can set the # of posts to 40 by page.This is what I do.You just have to scroll down if you see no pics.Your Welcome... again.

I'm a little put off by the reaction here too. It's actually an excellent suggestion and one that will be implemented.

Sometimes it does feel like there are board bullies who react negatively to a newbies just because they haven't been here as long as some.

gollum.jpg

cartman-acf.jpg

mark-hoppus-1-sized.jpg

DonkeyBallsMocha.gif

Cartman-Cop1.jpg

Yeah those people really get to me too!:monkey4

those are some funny pics

HIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODO NOT EVER INFRACT THE HIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm a little put off by the reaction here too. It's actually an excellent suggestion and one that will be implemented.

Sometimes it does feel like there are board bullies who react negatively to a newbies just because they haven't been here as long as some.

i feel a ban because you started a thread with 'official' in title and didn't immediately produce a picture or because the thread was duplicated somewhere else is harsh. i think the reaction to this proposal would have been the same if presented by a long time board member as well as a newbie. i'm a newbie too and it seemed to me this idea was overboard. perplexed to hear this will be implemented. i hope it works out.

I agree that proposing banishment for this new offense (at least for a first time offender) was probably somewhat harsh, and I don't think Dave will be implementing any new policy to that degree (although I could be wrong).

But I fail to see how that rationalizes the bully bandwagon that several members jumped on. The response was way overboard, and crossed the line into personal attacks.

What is the big freaking deal? Are people too lazy to flip through a couple of pages. Ridiculous. I can't believe people are on board with this.

What's with all the thread policing? Seems like we are getting some thread Nazis around here if you ask me. This board works, it doesn't have to be moderated with an iron fist.

I really wish we could rate this thread. Out of all the threads I have ever rated this one truly deserves one star. I don't agree that this member should be telling people how to post, especially when there is nothing offensive about the threads they start. This is just a sign of the laziness that is the outcome of a "I want it now, and I want it my way nation". :emperor

What is the big freaking deal? Are people too lazy to flip through a couple of pages. Ridiculous. I can't believe people are on board with this.

What's with all the thread policing? Seems like we are getting some thread Nazis around here if you ask me. This board works, it doesn't have to be moderated with an iron fist.

I don't think anyone is moderating with an iron fist... if we did that, half the threads would be deleted and the other half would be edited. :rotfl

True....maybe that was a bit extreme but one can't deny that times are changing on this board. :monkey3

If that is true, it seems to me that maybe it is because respect for other members and the Board itself seems to have lessened as of late... compared with my first couple of years on the board.

If that is true, it seems to me that maybe it is because respect for other members and the Board itself seems to have lessened as of late... compared with my first couple of years on the board.

I never respected you Lonnie if it makes you feel better.:monkey5

Sorry, I wasn't clear. No, it's not banable in the least.

I just mean mods will be renaming any "official" thread if it's not really official worthy.

Back